This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Feb 2004 06:39:21 pm    Post subject:

im sorry, as you have never heard of me, i have never heard of you. i dont get outside of unitedti much. for all i knew, you could be just another internet nerd.

i do know most about ti basic.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Feb 2004 10:07:40 pm    Post subject:

Dragon OS is actually Asm, so he might know something about it.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Feb 2004 11:58:32 pm    Post subject:

and its an app now too (or in the process of being moved)
Kozak

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 04:32:55 am    Post subject:

Reason why we chose pong. It's quite a simple game, with actually little variation seen in the variations made. So therefore it's quite a competition to make something that will differ itself from other games. Therefore there are different categories:
- Size
- Gameplay
- Graphics

It should pose quite a challenge. The only thing the winner gets is honor and respect. So now you can proove there is alot more to you, then there seems to be.

Kozak
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 10:02:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't have around 1700 for nothing at the maxcoderz board
You're lazy but have over 1700 manually typed messages on an internet forum? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Well... there is much to learn for you then... like ASM for instance...
Learning ASM by creating TiBasic programs, now that's a new one. =D

Quote:
if you would just look at the webpage I build in JSP (java servlet pages if you didn't know) and would look a bit through the maxcoderz board you defently would know better than that
I fail to see your logic in arguing you're not a nerd by saying you have created JSP webpages and post on an internet forum about computer technology. =)

Quote:
im sorry, as you have never heard of me, i have never heard of you. i dont get outside of unitedti much. for all i knew, you could be just another internet nerd.
I agree with Darth here, just because you've never heard of somebody doesn't mean that person can't know anythnig about a certain subject.

There's probably hundreds of thousands of people who are better programmers than me but I've never heard of and probably thousands who are way better than any of us here on the forums. Unless you've been studying highly-advanced-ultra-rocket-science for 20 years, and have devised a method of measuring your own IQ by calculating cellular activity of the neurons in your brains when given certain tasks, there are bound to be people who outsmart you on some, if not all area's. Welcome to humanity, inhabitants: 6+ billion.

Quote:
It should pose quite a challenge. The only thing the winner gets is honor and respect. So now you can proove there is alot more to you, then there seems to be.
Hear, hear. (or is it "here, here" or something else I forgot?)

Last edited by Guest on 15 Feb 2004 10:04:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 12:10:39 pm    Post subject:

kv83 wrote:
Quote:
You're lazy but have over 1700 manually typed messages on an internet forum?  Rolling Eyes

Yes, impressed?

I don't think I'm going to have to answer that. :)

Quote:
you are not supposed to write something in Basic
This competition is also for TiBasic games right?
Quote:
Btw, it was just an example...
Okie.

Quote:
This is his oppertunity to make him self known in the community so why not take the oppertunity?
True, though I think just releasing good programs and helping people with stuff has the same effect (it takes longer but gives you more respect).

Quote:
Maybe it was a wrong idea to post this on this board
Nah
Quote:
seeing you guys are not intresteded
I think I saw some people say they might enter the competition, and I think most of the people here are already occupied with their own projects.

Quote:
And if you are, then proof it by entering
Hear, hear.

Quote:
or go away and don't qoute me all day long Neutral
You stop giving people stuff to quote by acting like the leet-old-school-I'm-better-than-the-rest-calc-user. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 15 Feb 2004 12:11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 01:21:31 pm    Post subject:

Here we go again straying from the subject at hand. I'm gonna have to come to kv83's defense again on this one. I think we're being ridiculously critical of him here for no apparent reason. Kv came here to announce a very rare and challenging programming oppourtunity, folks. Game competitions don't just come around every day--and Kv83 came here completely on his own time just to deliver the message. As a TI-82 programmer, I have to sit this competition out. But I don't wan't that to mean sitting from the sidelines while qualified programmers argue back and forth over minor semantics. With all the energy we've spent bickering back and forth--someone here could've submitted a very promising game or two. And heaven forbid if any one of us should ever misuse the quote feature, make a contradicting statement, or actually make a spelling error for two. To quote an old friend: "I'll save you from the Grammar Nazis. If the Spelling Nazis show up, you're on your own!" Wink
sic

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 02:28:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to come to kv83's defence as well. Ya'll need to stop being so critical. As far as the prize goes, well, if recognition and self-improvement isn't enough for you, don't enter. We're calculator programming groups and we don't have the resources to buy incredible prizes.
That said, all of you guys (kv83 included) need to chill and stop quoting each other in an attempt to one-up the other. I would very much like to see what you guys can do, so don't dissapoint me Smile
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 03:14:27 pm    Post subject:

1) Notice the smileys, they are there for a reason.
2) Replying to what people say is what we call a conversation, I'd suggest you try it.
3) What's the problem with correcting somebody ONCE about a word that is spelled wrong for 33.33%!?
4) So far the only one who has posted something remotely close to a flame or bickering is kv83 himself.
5) You have to come to his defense? Defense from what? He's not under attack.

Here's what I suggest:
× Learn the difference between a flamefest/bickering/whatever and what we call a 'conversation.'
× Stop making up illusionary conflicts between people.
× Try the return key from time to time to create 'paragraphs.'
× Don't say I'm a 'grammar nazi' because I happen to comment on your disability to type properly.
× Realise that most of the time conversations turn into arguments and arguments into fights when people who have nothing better to do come by, don't know what's going on, and start complaining about stuff or lay the basis for what starts as an illusionary conflict by creating two (or more) opposing sides.

Read this, realise what you've posted is utterly useless besides from some measely attempts at motivating people hidden in a great pile of incoherency, and either try to get this thread back into a conversation or carry on annoying people and ultimatly getting a perfectly good thread locked. EDIT2: Which will probably happen right after this post because the admins seem to do that whever I say a thread can still turn out to be good.

EDIT: Yes, I'm pissed off, I hate it when people think I am or make me look like a bad person (see signature). Also, there are no decent comedies on tv this evening, I'm having trouble finding a store nearby to buy a hat, and my hair is getting rather long so I need to go to the barber, which sucks because it always feels like it takes up the entire day even though it really only takes up 30 minutes.

EDIT3: Oh, and for any illeterate persons who think this is a flamepost, here's a smiley: Smile

Last edited by Guest on 15 Feb 2004 03:29:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 04:52:37 pm    Post subject:

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'll just reiterate my main point: "This looks like an awesome gaming contest. And it's a great oppourtunity for UTI to make a name for itself if we stay focused."

(And the required smilie: Wink )

Last edited by Guest on 15 Feb 2004 04:54:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 05:50:55 pm    Post subject:

is it just me, or does the Wink smiley look more like "im not too sure" than "wink wink"??
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 07:18:31 pm    Post subject:

March 25 is the deadline. Better get working...
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 02:38:05 am    Post subject:

yeah...i wonder what ill do to make mine "creative"?
shadowing