This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Mar 2004 10:50:39 pm    Post subject:

Ok guys, Contra has been going really well and I am getting a lot of work done on it. However after a couple of mixed feelings towards some aspects of the game I need your help.

First off, do you think I should keep the teleportation animations in the beginning of the level and at the end of the level. It takes up quite a bit of space to make a good animated sprite like that and some people feel as if I could do with out it. It could save quite a few bytes, and restore contras feel to it, so what do you think? Keep it? or no?

Next, I wanna know if you think I should change the jump button, to 2nd or alpha. I have gotten some complaints about it being hard to jump b/c the UP button is used with the same hand, which makes the game to hard. What do you think?

Also, should I have a final boss? Or is less code better?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 04 Mar 2004 11:05:06 pm    Post subject:

That teleport animation is tight, I'd say keep it for sure. Does it really take up that much space??

As for using 2nd, try it out a few times. I would think the problem with it would be that people would press the right arrow and 2nd at the same time, causing it not to see the getkey and almost certain death. Smile Don't make it alpha if you do though, 2nd is what most people would expect.

Of course you need a final boss! That's like the whole game right there! :)

Oh and I have another suggestion. When I played the 1st level, I never once used the Alpha key to change directions. If it's the same in other levels, I would take that out to save speed and space. Very Happy
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Mar 2004 02:42:19 pm    Post subject:

Razz hey brian why dont you add interchangable movies like! Have certain weapons and kicking you know the works! Make the game even more challenging and fun! Razz
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Mar 2004 08:04:08 pm    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
Oh and I have another suggestion.  When I played the 1st level, I never once used the Alpha key to change directions.  If it's the same in other levels, I would take that out to save speed and space.  Very Happy

thats like 4 bytes i would guess:
If A=31
-B->B

teleport animation: keep it!
use one program, just have it run backwards at the end instead of a whole separate file

Last edited by Guest on 08 Mar 2004 08:05:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement