This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Feb 2004 02:19:39 am    Post subject:

cant...wait...must...see...snipers...
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 11:15:16 am    Post subject:

Yeah we all noticed that. You're the first one to upload all the code though. Hopefully all the tips he has gotten will speed up Contra a WHOLE bunch by the next release.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 07:46:42 am    Post subject:

Pfft, a running tackle.

Dodge this:

Last edited by Guest on 23 Feb 2004 07:47:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 08:59:09 am    Post subject:

hey bryan i can tell you for sure this will be a program that will be on ticalcs news headlines becuase i would say this program is better than most of the basic programs i seen! No offense to Kerm Martin!
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 09:40:55 am    Post subject:

I'm not really a big Kerm fan, and I definitely think "Civilization Simulator" should not have been featured. That game was SO slow, and sucked. Like Keith said, there's almost no doubt it will get featured on ticalc. Make sure you include an animated screenshot! Oh and the moment you submit it, all of us will go to ticalc and give you the best reviews ever!
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 11:41:07 am    Post subject:

oh yeah! But hey u have to give Kerm some credit he does make so good games and programs,but others are real good! The newest one civilization simulator is cool but the shell he made was pretty useless! All of the code is mainly is basic!
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 01:18:06 pm    Post subject:

I am sorry hart, but I deleted your post. You did not have permission to alter the game and then post it to the whole world. I was very upset to see it and I hope you will not do it again. And as far as everyone trying to make me reduce the program to one program, its just not gonna happen unless you want a slow game. Because even as hart said, it slowed it down.

Besides your program was obsolete anyway, I have changed it alot, so you pretty much wasted your time...

---------------------------------------

Level 2 done: working on new boss feature, and level 3
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 01:41:23 pm    Post subject:

hmm, considering that that is a laser arcane, i would hold up a mirror to dodge it.
so, about how many programs do you think will be in the final version bryan?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 01:49:22 pm    Post subject:

1) It's not a laser,
2) deflecting isn't dodging.

What's the big deal with having more than one program anyway?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 01:56:38 pm    Post subject:

i dont mind. some people were complaining that it cluttered their program menu
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 02:33:38 pm    Post subject:

hey if certain people are upset of having more than one program why dont they wait and see if Bryan puts it in basic builder and makes a app? God i dont really know what the big deal is! Neutral
Bluefire

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 07:54:00 pm    Post subject:

speaking of basicbuilder bryan i was wonder if when u release the new contra with less progs if i could put it in basicbuilder if not to release to ticalc, to at least let me keep it for myself and a few friends at my school who like it Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 23 Feb 2004 07:54:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 10:02:53 pm    Post subject:

i dunno. he might. he chewed me out for making some of his code smaller AND faster....
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 10:16:57 pm    Post subject:

lol, everyone acts as if Im the bad guy Sad . I just do not think its right that people think they can edit someones code, or modify it. Then have a copy of it on the internet, without the true makers permission. It is just not right and is somewhat unfair to the maker. Its alot easier to criticize code, then it is to make it. The code may all be easily understood, but the methods and brainstorming for the ideas behind the code, is what making a game is all about. So please, stop worrying so much about the subroutines/code. I will take care of it. Because as I have said and said and said again, I am not to worried bout code right now, b/c I am constantly adding stuff, so why make it all perfect, then add stuff, then have to make it perfect again? just makes no sense to me... Neutral

So Ill leave you this:

Some of the best programmers, can have the worst games. Its not the code that makes a game good, or bad...
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 10:29:49 pm    Post subject:

if you can find a way to be the "bad guy" after what you've done with contra, let me know asap :P

you can never please everyone, just keep that in mind when you finish this game (one thing i learned in sim city 3000 that was actually true).
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 11:19:35 pm    Post subject:

Just to kind of throw my opinion in last minute here, but I'd rather have a large scale basic program broken up into multiple programs. Who cares if it clutters up the program menu? It's easier to find stuff, it's easier to isolate problems, and it's faster. Laughing
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 11:52:06 pm    Post subject:

That's not really the issue. I agree, multiple programs isn't a big deal. But some people want to convert Contra to an App by using BasicBuilder. In order to do so, it needs to be in 1 program.
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Feb 2004 12:58:43 pm    Post subject:

Hey If he decides to put it in basicbuilder and is afraid that there will be extra memory not being used then why dont he put another game in to it and have it a doubled app! One part with the contra game and the other part being another game!
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Feb 2004 02:39:58 pm    Post subject:

But what would the other game be? Suggestions, anyone?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Feb 2004 05:28:47 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy Well, I have alot of games I could put in the app, such as maybe enslaver, MineZ, hangman, or Small games like tunnel X83 or Pulse/Shokwave. But in the end I plan on releasing an all BASIC contra (not converted to BasicBuilder), and 1 version that is converted with BasicBuilder, I will probably put it in the same zip file. That way everyone is happy. Very Happy

Yeah I guess we all have alot of diffferences in opinoin when it comes to Subroutiens and code, but overall I shall do my best to satisfy the majority of you. Razz
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement