This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
Twiztid33

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 10:46:04 am    Post subject:

im trying to get a few people to help me with a new Instant Messanger Program(very simple, no big programming required). i have no experience doing this so if someone with some sort of Experience then please help out,

Thanks
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 09:02:44 pm    Post subject:

What language. If you're using VB I have some experience with that, and I could send you some base files if I can find where I put them. C++ or other languages I do not know what to do. Email iceman2oo0@hotmail.com sometime and I'll send you files of a working project.
Twiztid33

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 10:06:07 pm    Post subject:

yeah that would be a good idea, i know nothing about programming but if you wannah help then. please help me.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 09:05:18 am    Post subject:

Ok, here's what you have to do. First of all, have Visual Basic of course. Then, to make it easy, go and download an AIM .bas from somwhere. You will load this .bas into your program and use functions that are in it. Two .bas files I like are AbbotAIM.bas and DigitalAIM.bas. See if you can find those anywhere. Once you have them, start VB and make a new project. Go up at top to Project - Add Module - Existing, and load one in. You will see on the right a new folder called Modules will appear. Click on it, and double click on the module to see what's in it. You will see a lot of stuff you don't understand, but that's ok. If you are looking in AbbotAIM, scroll down to where you see "Function Attention(Message$)" It will be like an eigth of the way through and it will have some white space above it. Now, this means that in your project, you can go "Attention("Heres my msg")" and when you run it, it will send that to the chatroom. Sometimes these functions will return a value, and in that case you would have to go: "Text1.text = getCaption(Guysname)" and it would be stored in Text1.txt. You have to experiment a lot. I'm not sure if these work with the newer versions of AIM and/or AOL, I haven't done this in a long time. Ok, next thing. There's two types of ways you have to use stuff in the .bas. If it is a Function like in the example, just type everything but "function" just like in the example. If it is like this: "Sub timeout(duration)" then you have to do something different. If it is a SUB and not a FUNCTION then you would use it like this: "call timeout(423)". You have to put a "call" before it, unlike the functions where you put nothing or a variable. I hope this makes any sense, I've spent the last hour remembering how to do this stuff, and I'm in a rush. Reply with any questions, adios! Cool

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jun 2003 09:09:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Twiztid33

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 11:46:00 am    Post subject:

can you make a little bit of it, i am about to download it and then im going to start but i dont know how to do much. so could you help me out a little bit.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 11:48:23 am    Post subject:

I re-read your first post, and I hope I'm talking about the same thing. Do you want to make a whole new IM prog all from scratch? Because what I'm describing how to do is make a program that uses AIM to communicate.
Twiztid33

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 12:37:20 pm    Post subject:

yeah i wanted to make a whole new one from scratch, but if it is easier to make the one that communicates with aim then lets do it that way.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 01:33:04 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I have no clue how to make one from scratch, you'd probly have to do a lot with DOS and IPS and such. E-mail me with everything you want, and I'll send you back some examples, code, bases etc. iceman2oo0@hotmail.com I won't be able to get on again untill 2morrow, cya then Evil or Very Mad
Twiztid33

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 01:39:19 pm    Post subject:

well then could we make it to communicate with aim, and we should make a new interface though
camaro68

Posted: 22 Jun 2003 03:09:24 pm    Post subject:

Hey, to any of you that may make something. If you include chat rooms with your program AND make it so that it is impossible for bots to get into the chat rooms, I would use it! It seems like it should be simple. Just when a person logs in, they have to type some code word that could be "hidden" in a graphic (that only a human being could see). At least bots wouldn't run rampant and it would take at least a little effort to put a bot in a room.
I wouldn't mind having to look at a graphic and type a key word to get into a room.
Maybe the only way to keep out bots is to charge a fee. However, these programmers may even start paying to put their bots in! At least other room users could report it and the user would be blocked and not be able to get a refund...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement