This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Feb 2004 12:22:34 pm    Post subject:

I'd try a high capture rate; with the gif frame rate somewhere around the default.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Feb 2004 01:05:40 pm    Post subject:

Why won't you release it on ticalc? That's the only site most gamers go to.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Feb 2004 01:15:46 pm    Post subject:

Sir Robin wrote:
That's the only site most gamers go to.

HAHAHAHA... sorry.

Think you mean 'people who are looking for games for their calculators'.

Smile
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Feb 2004 01:16:56 pm    Post subject:

Yep, that's what I meant. Did I say something wrong?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Feb 2004 01:24:56 pm    Post subject:

Nothing, it just made me laugh that you said most gamers go to a ticalc site.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Feb 2004 03:34:19 pm    Post subject:

Good news guys, I got the boss routine completely finished and now the boss can be defeated and basically the entire end routine is done. The demo is ready. But I have to clear up a few things that I am unsure of, and make sure I made the game how me and andrew originally saw fit. Just hold your horses Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again I am asking for some output from you guys.

OK here the decision I have to make,

Andrew came over my house the other day, and was checking contra for any possibe bugs, glitches, or mistakes that I may have overseen. He did not find and glitches or bugs, however thought that I should modify some aspects of the game to make it better. Most of his suggestions I agreed with however one, I was unsure about and did not know what to do.

In the original contra, all the enemies needed 1 hit to die, no matter what. And when he was playing my game, he did not like how the enemies could have varying life amounts. He thought that the game was already hard enough on the first level without having enemies with more then one live, that adding this feature just makes the game to hard and really untrue to the original contra. He also disliked how when an enemy is hit it said "-1" above its name, even though he knew that it hit him. He said it just took up code and made it look less appealing.

My argument, was that the enemies aren't exactly that intelligent. So theres always a chance that you could go through and entire frame or level unchallenged, because the enemies can be stupid sometimes. While it is unlikely because the enemies are pretty good at killing you, its a chance that I did not want to take so i added the feature of stronger enemies. Asd far as the "-1" goes, I mainly put that feature in because of observations from my classmates playing the game. They sometimes thought that had shot an enemy because they could not see the bullets to well, or just thought they had an upgrade, so they just started pushing over thinking he was dead, then getting mad and saying: "wtf I hit him!". So I added that just to kind of ensure the player that he or she hit the enemy without any doubt in their mind.

Both our ideas could go together tho, like I could make all the enemies only have 1 hit damage, and also add like a little exclamation point or something that would allow the player to see that he had hit the enemy.

Overall I think that both of us have strong arguments and both sides should be considered. What do you think? Wacko
jtchange

Posted: 08 Feb 2004 03:42:51 pm    Post subject:

addin an exclamation over the enemy could be a good idea...i would go with that..
Bluefire

Posted: 08 Feb 2004 03:58:17 pm    Post subject:

yea, the exclamation point would be a good idea, very good, Very Happy Laughing Laughing Cool
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2004 04:40:55 pm    Post subject:

I agree with andrew, but keep in mind that "wtf i hit him" makes the player want to try again to take revenge and adds a little emotion to the game (which is good).
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Feb 2004 10:09:01 pm    Post subject:

Ok then, I will take away multiple lived enemies, since it would be untrue to original, and I will desolate the "-1" and all that hub ub. Not like I care... less code for me Very Happy

Ok Im officially making a demo release date: Wednesday, Feb. 11

Look for it here, or else on the OLS Home page!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Feb 2004 06:33:55 pm    Post subject:

well,
1) the people in the game were smarter
2) you have no cannons, and those took 2-3 hits to die

i say leave as is!
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2004 10:20:53 pm    Post subject:

!!!!! ONLY 24 HOURS UNTIL THE GROUP FILE ON MY DESKTOP GETS RELEASED TO THE WORLD!!!!!

Contra demo is done and ready, watch for it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 10 Feb 2004 11:20:04 pm    Post subject:

MUST....RESTRAIN...SELF.....

Oh man...I can't wait for this game!!! Another 24 hours?!?! That's way too long!!!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Feb 2004 11:25:54 pm    Post subject:

couldnt restain self...obtained copy of group early...

sheesh. the new demo is so much better than the old one i cant find any resembleance...there is no dust left for the old demo to eat!!!!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 08:36:27 am    Post subject:

man, it will be later today before it is released Razz cant wait!
ISUCK

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 05:08:45 pm    Post subject:

Bryan, you are cruel.... just kidding... O man,... i can't wait...
ISUCK

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 10:21:37 pm    Post subject:

Bryan, you wouldn't do that... would you? Sad
Bluefire

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 10:38:37 pm    Post subject:

GO TO THE OLS HOPEPAGE, HE RELEASED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Laughing Very Happy Laughing Razz Cool Smile
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 08:45:49 am    Post subject:

man, that is amazing... utterly...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement