This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 04:28:50 pm    Post subject:

OK guys, even though I said I was leaving calc programming forever and blah blah blah. I, for some reason, and having so much fun programming now and I do not know why. Its really weird. So Ive worked alot on Contra...ALOT. I got so much stuff done.

1. Finished advanced scoring system
2. FIxed bugs and finished rocket launcher enemies
3. Finished 8 level frames
4. Added weapon upgrades
5. Made it so the farther you run the farther you jump
6. Added continuing so when you die you can continue with a price of 1/2 your score
7. Added a Boss routine (almost finished)
8. Made it so it displays a "-1" above an enemy after you shoot him so you know you actually hit him

I am almost done the main engine and a demo is actually in range now. Here check these screenshots. I think you'll enjoy them Very Happy

See the weapon upgrade icon? it gives you plus 1 range.

Got him !

The rocket launcher enemy shooting the crap outta me

The boss. It will have a different number of arms and guns and life depending on the level your on.

And of course the speed was not slowed. And its still really fast. Ask Darth Android, I gave him a little sneak peek demo b/c he begged me and he thought it was amazing.

YAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYA

Im back baby, for some reason when I posted that message, It made me more motivated.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(just incase those images dont work)
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3
Screen 4
Screen 5
Screen 6
Screen 7
Screen 8
Screen 9
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 08:10:26 pm    Post subject:

Yes! I knew you wouldn't really leave us! (ok. not really.)

Those pictures look great. Especially the boss!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 08:22:21 pm    Post subject:

Good to see you back. Awesome screenshots too! It would've been a shame to see such an elaborate game like Contra go unfinished.
ducttape_87

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 10:07:23 pm    Post subject:

Spectaculacious baby!
I can't wait to play! Laughing
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 11:10:18 pm    Post subject:

what he means is we were talking on aim and i asked him about it and he gave me a beta version, i played it, and i told what a good game it was (i wasnt kidding when i said it either). he said i "motevated"(sp?) him and gave him a reason not to leave.
KEEP UP THE TERRIFIC WORK BRYAN!

Last edited by Guest on 31 Jan 2004 11:11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 11:46:51 pm    Post subject:

Dragon kick enemy butt!
*kicks enemys' butts*

Last edited by Guest on 31 Jan 2004 11:54:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 12:09:07 am    Post subject:

Hahahaha

Thanks darth, my crappy TISHOT cant make animated screenshots that big. So youll give people a better look at it. (too bad my video card sux). To ba dyou didnt get to far in the level tho, b/c people didnt get to see the rocket launcher people. Sad

Yeah Darth Android is right, his compliments motivated me to work hard on it, and now im having second thoughts about retiring Very Happy

But sorry to give darth the demo and not you. Its just that me and darth were talking about contra for a while and he brought up wanting the demo so I said sure but your the only exception Very Happy Besides you wont have to wait to much longer. The first level is almost done. :D

*****That screenshot is so long that it begins to slow down. dont worry its the screenshot not the game Very Happy ******

Last edited by Guest on 01 Feb 2004 12:16:24 am; edited 1 time in total
AndrewT
Outer Limit Software

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 12:27:52 am    Post subject:

Neutral Laughing .... It is so amazing that I am laughing... The screenshot showing gameplay from the first lucky soul to be able to play Contra 83 (excluding Bryan and I) confirms just how perfect it turned out. I give you an outstanding applause Bryan for programming such a masterpiece in such a limited programming language. btw, just for the record, the speed of the game as depicted in the screenshot is much slower then it actually runs on the calculator. Well, may you all successfully download and transmit the demo to your calculator on the date of its release. Enjoy!
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 12:47:18 am    Post subject:

So what you guys think, is it possible for this game so far to become a featured program on ticalc? Becuase Ive wanted a featured program so bad.

Even tho its BASIC, I think we will like have to demand it lol
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 01:09:46 am    Post subject:

AAAAAHHHH!!!!! SOOOOOO COOOOLL!!!!! Wow Bryan, you rock. It WILL be a featured program! One of the coolest games ever, and in BASIC!!! You rock!

Last edited by Guest on 01 Feb 2004 01:11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 08:39:02 am    Post subject:

and what is the date of release going to be?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 11:58:02 am    Post subject:

ok, got it to capture at the right speed, and i let a rocket guy blast me to demo

also, Bryan, you found a realy good person who can convert screens:
--->

Last edited by Guest on 01 Feb 2004 12:16:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 12:05:48 pm    Post subject:

Ooo that rocket launcher animation is cool. Is that how many screens there are, or is that just the first level?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 12:21:58 pm    Post subject:

that is like the first 5-6 screens of the first level
the boss is cool, but i cant get there without, uh, stopping the game and changing a variable...
gah
well, yes they are cool.
the boss i dont think works (100%) yet either....
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 01:16:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah each level will have 9 frames including the boss frame.

And darth is right the boss is not all worked out yet, its the only thingn I have to code be4 the demo comes out. Very Happy

Quote:
also, Bryan, you found a realy good person who can convert screens:

I cant take credit for that, AndrewT did that. He made it when he first began the contra project, because u should remeber this was all andrews idea in the first place, he just didnt know how to code it.

Quote:
and what is the date of release going to be?

Im afraid to make any set date for the actual whole thing b/c im worried that I wont get the oppurtunity to work on the levels to often. But as far as the demo that should come out very soon. My guess within a week and a half. Im only gonna release it on UTI, OLSoft and Drubu, not ticalc i dont think, unless you guys think I should. But this is just an estimate dont yell at me lol. If Im lucky and determined, Id guess by the end of febuary to get at least 5 levels done. (they take forever to code with just 8 digit numbers)

Quote:
ok, got it to capture at the right speed, and i let a rocket guy blast me to demo

It still slows at the end for me, but it was close to the real speed in beginning Very Happy

Quote:
AAAAAHHHH!!!!! SOOOOOO COOOOLL!!!!! Wow Bryan, you rock. It WILL be a featured program! One of the coolest games ever, and in BASIC!!! You rock!

Haha thanks man, there some more motivation for me Very Happy
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 01:21:03 pm    Post subject:

Oh and one more thing,

After you get the weapon upgrade, do you think it should last forever or until you die, b/c I know that in the real Contra, if you died it put your standard weapon back. So I just thought Id ask.

And darth still did not get the weapon upgrade lol, he was supposed to run and jump to get it Sad Very Happy
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 01:49:59 pm    Post subject:

I think if you die you lose the upgrade but you can get it again.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 05:24:45 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Robin is right. It would suck if you got an upgrade, died, then couldnt get it again. But it's also too easy if you keep the weapon after dying, and obviously unrealistic.

Just wondering a few things:
How many levels will there be and how many have you done?
How do you handle the level vars?
Does it use PxlTest to detect where he can stand?

Sorry if these have been answered already.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 06:04:10 pm    Post subject:

gah, how do you run? in the real game, after you get the waepon, you cant get that one again, and it dissapars when you die. how ever, there are several weapons per level
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 07:19:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
in the real game, after you get the waepon, you cant get that one again, and it dissapars when you die. how ever, there are several weapons per level

Yeah ill do that, when you die you will lose it and the one will be gone but I will just add more icons to the level

Quote:
Just wondering a few things:
How many levels will there be and how many have you done?
How do you handle the level vars?
Does it use PxlTest to detect where he can stand?

1. There will hopefully be about a total of 5-6, although right now im just finishing up the 1st level (it took so long b/c I had to work on the main engine alot to make it perfect)
2. I do levels like this, I give you a subroutine called ZLVL1 or whatever number it is, you just run it (eventually the program will do it itself) and it installs all the nescessary enemy info, land info, weapon info, and water info for each frame. Now since the frames are so detailed and unique 1 level prolly takes about 1500 mem, not that bad. And then you can delete ZLVL1, or archive it.
3. Yes I do use pxl-test to test whether I am on land or not, but I have in the perfect spot so you cant land on enemies water, or anything else.

Ok well someone mentioned adding landmines to the game, It would be very easy to add them and good use this perfect sprite:
It would add alot of difficulty and strategy. What ya think? should i add it ?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement