This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
JapanLover

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 01:19:17 pm    Post subject:

I made a nice little Dance Dance Revolution Game in Basic i was wondering if there are any ASM programs i could incorperate in the basic code so it would play music during the game. Does anyone know. Please help. Thanks.
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 01:23:33 pm    Post subject:

oh you were the one who made it, i tried it and its good!

too bad, there are no sounds!
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 01:24:08 pm    Post subject:

im not sure if you are the one, but i downloaded a game like dance dance revolution, but i think its in asm...... opps sorry! hehe
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 01:48:21 pm    Post subject:

so, Jbirk, David, Justin W., AlienCC, and anyone else who may know, any ideas for sound?
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 02:52:48 pm    Post subject:

Then you'd have to connect a speaker and an amplifier to the link port of the calculator and after that experiment to generate tones by sending data to port 0.

It's a very narrow subject, and there are not many who has the motivation to learn more about this.
But if you are interested, check out the sound programs section at ticalc.org.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 03:24:11 pm    Post subject:

go to TIcalc, find sndrout, put the tone in variable 't' and the duration in variable 'd'. then:
Code:
asm(prgmsndrout

the prgm will send the correct data 2 the link port.
only problem: i havent got it 2 work with TIOS higher than v1.12
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 08:00:01 pm    Post subject:

You can always get sound by putting your Ti on top of an open radio station and if you keep playing with it, you'll get some sound. (Just use a for( loop and keep tweaking with the stations, then break the program). The only bad part is the basic programming is always going to make some sound besides the asm sound and it wouldn't sound very good at all!

Sorry, Tyler Neutral
yugniht

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 08:06:53 pm    Post subject:

If you're going to use an empty radio station, make sure it's an AM station and not an FM station.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Jun 2003 09:25:17 am    Post subject:

-----------------------or--------------------------
go to radio shack and buy a 1.5 mm stereo plug -> 2.5 mm stereo jack
catalog # 274-373
price: 2.99 each ($)

i just went to the store and bought one.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 15 Jun 2003 09:56:41 am    Post subject:

Should download TI-JukeBox, it has a really cool interface, with rewind, pause, etc. And it comes with a SDK to make your own music.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 03:21:07 pm    Post subject:

I have tried ot make sound before. It didnt work. I used the radio system. Basically, I got some sort of soundl, but it wasnt a tone or anything. In fact, it was the uglies thing I heard. Be carfull of what jack you buy, make sure its a stereo jck, not mono (mono has 2 leads, stereo has 3) if you get a mono jack, you calclulator will be slow down and freeze.
b__

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 05:37:08 pm    Post subject:

I tried the ti-jukebox on the radio and it worked. I tried Yankee doodle and star wars, and it actually sounds like them. What you have to do is turn on your radio, go to an unused am radio station, put the link cable in the link port, and put the metal part of the cable on the metal part of the antenna (prefferably the tip). Then just play the song.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 06:40:10 pm    Post subject:

i still highly recommend you get an adapter.

have u tried sndrout?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Jun 2003 12:15:49 pm    Post subject:

I think TI-Jukebox has some really ugly sound quality (no offence!), i use CalcMod, and it has perfect beautiful quality!

EDIT

BTW, i use a 3.5mm to 2.5mm sterio converter from RadioShack

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2003 12:17:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement