This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Jaque

Posted: 11 May 2008 02:28:31 am    Post subject:

well, i'm making an rpg, and i need a tileset for the terrain features of a tile map. ideally it would look SOMETHING like pokemon, sort of like Ethandrial...
i'll need:
-mountains
-forest (oak or something like that):i like the trees on the first post for the ethandrial topic
-pine trees
-wall (stone/brick)
-doors
-random buildings
-hills
-desert
-ice/snow (animated)
-water (animated)
-different kinds of paths and floorings
... and all sorts of random sprites you may have!
i have some ideas myself, but i'm just trying to see what is out there, if i think of anything else i will put it out there!

by the way, i think that we should compile a sprite database, instead of everything being so spread out. if anybody wants to partcipate, post your sprites and i will see what i can do... (unless somebody else would like to take care of it, i am not very good at this sort of stuff...)
thanks!
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 May 2008 03:08:55 am    Post subject:

[attachment=2560:attachment]

Last edited by Guest on 24 Dec 2008 01:32:51 am; edited 1 time in total
El Jaque

Posted: 11 May 2008 03:33:49 am    Post subject:

wow... thats sweet... could i get a bigger picture please though?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 May 2008 11:23:00 am    Post subject:

There's no reason why you can't right click, copy, paste it into an editor, and then either zoom in or resize.

Last edited by Guest on 11 May 2008 11:23:11 am; edited 1 time in total
trevmeister66

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 May 2008 03:39:03 pm    Post subject:

Could somebody make me a 16x8 sprite (or maybe 8x16? whichever is 16 tall 8 wide) of a statue. I would like it to be a knight, but it can be any number of things (archer, knight, mage, or any midevil type person.)

Thanks!
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 May 2008 03:47:25 pm    Post subject:

i assume that means you started working on a calc game again? Rolling Eyes
trevmeister66

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 May 2008 04:36:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i assume that means you started working on a calc game again?

Maybe :biggrin:

I have an idea for a game, but I have to do a few things before I announce anything.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 May 2008 08:03:59 pm    Post subject:

strategy? lol
El Jaque

Posted: 12 May 2008 03:33:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There's no reason why you can't right click, copy, paste it into an editor, and then either zoom in or resize.

sorry... :blush:
well, the sprites are pretty cool!!! thanks!
also, if anyone has any 8x8 sprites of a guy holding a sword, i would be very grateful... (it would need to be front, back, and both side views...)
thanks!
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 03:49:27 pm    Post subject:

Hey, I'm looking for 3, 7x7 sprites. One should be a symbol for recalling one program into another. The second should be for executing a subroutine from within a main program and the third should be for a custom menu. If anyone could make these, that would be great. I have some, but I don't like them very much. Thanks.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 07:23:52 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to be descriptive with 7×7. How arbitrary can we make these?

I came up with these four, for whatever purposes:
black-salamander

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 10:02:40 pm    Post subject:

isn't 7x7 very odd for sprite dimensions? I personally think that usually 8x8 and higher would be more detailed, unless you are very space-concious.
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 11:11:47 pm    Post subject:

7x7 does seem like an odd number, but I have many reasons behind it, namely speed and size of the program. These are sprites that are to be laid out in a row with a space in between each, bringing an entire row to a multiple of 8 spaces wide. Obviously the bigger you get the more detail you can have, but this is what I'm doing.

@Weregoose: Thank you, those look nice, not quite for the purpose, but good nonetheless. I think I'll stick with the ones I have for the moment until something really good pops up. (Mine aren't great either).
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 04:49:40 pm    Post subject:

are these for Lunar IDE 2?
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 06:46:57 pm    Post subject:

Yup, these are indeed. I should update my signature to indicate that I've resumed work.
black-salamander

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 07:28:41 pm    Post subject:

well, good luck! Your last one was great ( except for some bugs, easily remidied), and I hope this one is even better. One suggestion: port it to an app (BasicBuilder) for more space.
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 07:40:54 pm    Post subject:

Thank you. I tried BasicBuilder for the last one, which was mostly unsuccessful because I think BasicBuilder uses alot of RAM memory to run the application, plus several errors popped up once I started testing with it. I have a new system for this one whereby (almost) everything is in a subroutine that is archived and any time one is run it is copied in to RAM (using real(10)) and executed. Should be a lot better.
black-salamander

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 09:51:20 pm    Post subject:

I never tried BasicBuilder yet, but I have always assumed that BasicBuilder programs always slow down the speed of the original BASIC program.
jakethepspguy

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 12:00:48 am    Post subject:

I've been learning a LOT about TI-BASIC and I'm starting to make efficient programs. A long time ago, I made a program called Warrior2 that was just a jumbled mess of gotos and lbls.... Well, the other day I was bored and I decided that I wanted to remake the game with better code (and a graphical overhaul). My problem is that I suck at drawing graphics.

If anyone has time, I am in need of boss graphics (there are 6). I would need them to be 30 X 30 and the creatures you're fighting are (bare with me here, I know they're horribly cliched): Werewolf, Poseidon, Phoenix, Dracula (lol), The Colossus (a giant robot dude), The Demon King (oooh scary final boss!!!)

I also have a library of about 100 other monsters if anyone's up to the task of making 10 X 10 sprites of those... hehehhe :blush:

When it's all done, it will be much more enjoyable than the original version.

Quote:
I never tried BasicBuilder yet, but I have always assumed that BasicBuilder programs always slow down the speed of the original BASIC program.

I haven't tested basicbuilder's effects extensively, but I have heard that older versions (than the new 3.0 one) didn't allow a TI-84 to run basic programs at full speed because it restricted it to the speed of the 83+. They fixed that in the new version, but other people have told me it makes subroutines slower so I can't comment about that.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Aug 2008 12:03:49 am; edited 1 time in total
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 03:29:46 am    Post subject:

I need some explosion sprites in different sizes, preferably 12x8, 12x7,15x15 and 16x16. They have to be still sprites, as in 'not animated' and black and white. I found it very hard to make good one myself.

Thanks in advance.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 21 of 22 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement