This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
NextPerception

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 11:09:11 am    Post subject:

I broke my collar bone the other day.
I may seem a little less active on the forums for a while and that is just because i have to hunt and peck with my left hand while it heals and boy is it hard to use my mouse...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 11:13:27 am    Post subject:

NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 02:49:15 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully it heals correctly. I knew somoneone who broke her colar bone, and it healed leaving a big bump.

Anyway, If I were you, I would go for surgery and have it glued or screwed back together, so it heals correctly.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 02:53:43 pm    Post subject:

Is the collar bone in the hand? I thought it was in the neck and that's why it was called a collar bone.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 03:20:39 pm    Post subject:

No it is not in the hand.

It is not in the neck either. It is above the top rib. Sort of holds your sholder in the right place.
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 04:16:33 pm    Post subject:

And you aren't supposed to move your arm on that side while it's healing, which is why he can only type with his left hand.

And Jbirk, how long ago was your friend's break? Becasue I know when something first heals it's supposed to leave a lump for extra strength over the break, and then it slowly gets dissolved back to normal.

Spyderbyte
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 05:45:11 pm    Post subject:

I broke my collar (or clavicle, depending on your preference) bone a few years back. The doctor told me that a small bump, I guess you could say, would form around the break because that was how it healed itself. Today, it seems just fine. I hardly feel the bump there anymore.

Enjoy your time, and hope it heals quick!
anduril66
Anduril is the Flame of the West!

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 05:52:40 pm    Post subject:

How did you break it?
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 10:24:53 pm    Post subject:

Biking accident. I can't remember the specifics (it was four years ago) but I do remember hitting something and heading for the ground. I didn't know it was broken until I tried to continue riding... That hurt. Wacko
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 02:47:50 am    Post subject:

Who said it was my friend? I am not friends with everyone who breaks something.

The Lump idea makes sence for extra strength, but the size of the lump is like a golf ball, so I think that is a little too big.

Like I said, I would have surgery and be reconstructed then heal latter.
NextPerception

Posted: 17 Jan 2004 02:35:46 pm    Post subject:

This is the third time I have broken that same collar bone
I broke it falling out of a tree from 30 feet and landing on my head ina thornbush.
Docter said I the thorn bush hadn't been under me I would have died... Neutral
atleast it has healed enough so that I can type again yah.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 17 Jan 2004 03:53:40 pm    Post subject:

This is the 4th time ive broken or fractured my wrist. I just got my cast off, had it on for almost 2 months. This was the most serious break yet. I guess people tend to break the same bone depending on what activities they do. Btw the bone is stronger after it heals than before you broke it, so every time I break my wrist it becomes stronger and stronger. I would assume its the same with your collar bone.
shadowing