This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Twiztid33

Posted: 02 Jan 2004 11:35:33 pm    Post subject:

i was just wondering if you could possibly import a very small little music file and actually hear it using your ti83+, i know it is possible with other calculators, i was just wondering cause it would be kinda neat.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 02:29:02 am    Post subject:

It is possible. I forgot where I saw the file for it, but with an advanced ASM program you can get bad-quality music when you plug headphones into the link port. I forgot where I saw it, but I bet it's on ticalc.org. Unfortunately you need headphones that fit the link port (like the kind that plug into cell phones) and you can only have as much music as the calc has memory (VERY little). But if it works, the programmer must be genius.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 10:06:31 am    Post subject:

OOOOOOOOOOooooooooorrrr you just download ti-jukebox, or something like that. You can make your own songs with some utility in it, and play them and everything right off your calc. Of course its not going to sound too good, but it still has all the different notes, timing, etc.

[EDIT] - You can buy a speaker for $4

Imp

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jan 2004 10:07:23 am; edited 1 time in total
NextPerception

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 11:14:47 am    Post subject:

you can get a converter for the jack so you can plug normal headphones into it from radioshack
adapter
anduril66
Anduril is the Flame of the West!

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 06:06:42 pm    Post subject:

That's the wrong adapter, isn't it. Don't you want the 1/4" stereo phone plug to fit into a smaller hole?
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 10:12:09 pm    Post subject:

That's what I thought it was:

• Accepts 1/4" stereo phone plug
• Fits 1/8" stereo phone jack

Spyderbyte
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 10:37:32 pm    Post subject:

Instead of going to RadioCrap you could just steal your sister's stereo and solder together your own adapter.

Stealing is wrong. Even by ninjas. Unless the stealing is carried out in a reverent fashion - then it is by any and all means "okee-dokey."
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 03:23:20 am    Post subject:

No you are all wrong it is metric.

As you should know, your calculator has the RCA connector.

It comes with a 2.5mm female receptical, meaning it is a metric pussy.

For correct penetration, you need to go to RadioCorp and buy a 3mm to 2.5mm converter, because the headphone jack is too big.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Jan 2004 03:25:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 05:30:43 am    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
It comes with a 2.5mm female receptical, meaning it is a metric pussy.

For correct penetration, you need to go to RadioCorp and buy a 3mm to 2.5mm converter, because the headphone jack is too big.

*giggles* Best explenation of male/female plugs ever.

Anyway, thought this topic might also be of some use:
http://www.unitedti.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=640
anduril66
Anduril is the Flame of the West!

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 10:36:20 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I intended to say "Don't you want the 1/8" stereo phone plug to fit into a smaller hole?"

Anyway, my point is that a 1/8'' pin is the same as a 3 mm pin.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Jan 2004 12:59:08 pm    Post subject:

3.5 mm pin, not 3mm. it doesnt seem much of a difference, but it wont stay in a 1/8 in. jack
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement