This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. NimbusOS => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> NimbusOS

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 02:29:27 pm    Post subject:

I have TI Connect 1.3, and OS 1.16. Togeter they work great. Essentially, you have to use a compatible TI Connect and OS.

BTW, you should be able to send the app via Graph Link software if TI connect won't do it.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 02:31:55 pm    Post subject:

BTW, if you see strange programs, don't mess with them. Instead, ignore them and maybe exiting and restarting NimbusOS would be a good idea.

We are going to debug the program sorter soon, and do the options menu.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 02:49:31 pm    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
I have TI Connect 1.3, and OS 1.16.  Togeter they work great.  Essentially, you have to use a compatible TI Connect and OS.

I have TIConnect 1.1 and OS 1.14. Together they work... well... not so great.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 03:28:32 pm    Post subject:

um, would these not-programs happen to be '!','#',or '@'? I think two of those three are the homescreen, while one doesen't exist.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 03:29:44 pm    Post subject:

um

They are ! and #

One is the homescreen buffer

The other is the last entries buffer.

I have never seen the @
tyskis

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 02:20:40 pm    Post subject:

ticonnect crashed for me (1.1, i believe) but graph-link worked fine... Smile

As some people already have said, when you go up in the list, you get a empty list. the size of the first "program" changes for me, but between 10 and 20 bytes. The second program (one more up in the nonexisting-list) has exactly the same size as the last in the list, and it's always like that (on my calc Razz ). It has the same properties (archived, locked, type...) as the last program in the list to...

As for the rest, it looks very good, all programs (except basic of course) worked just fine! Very Happy
62 52 53 53

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 04:44:06 pm    Post subject:

amazing what you learn on DS
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 05:24:18 pm    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
The other is the last entries buffer.

I think if you do [2nd][Entry] several times, it changes to the not-so-last.

Quote:
I have never seen the @

In calcsys I once saw a L(list symbol)@ that was a program. I typed in DelVar L@ on the homescreen and the ram reset.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 08:53:01 pm    Post subject:

Sir Robin wrote:
In calcsys I once saw a L(list symbol)@ that was a program. I typed in DelVar L@ on the homescreen and the ram reset.

How the hell did you do that?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 08:54:19 pm    Post subject:

Darned if I know.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 04 Jan 2004 09:18:00 pm    Post subject:

No I meant how did you type an "@" symbol?
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Jan 2004 03:05:32 pm    Post subject:

You don't unless you have a special editor. The only way I know of getting it is using compiling a program then unlocking it

I don't know which number it is

Basically

000102030405060708090A0B0B0D0E0F10111213...

Then AsmComp(prgm...

Unlock the resulting program
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Jan 2004 05:54:37 pm    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
nah,

you can do it without the ti keyboard.

Make a new asm program with nothing except the hex value of the @ character.

I.E.

AsmPrgm

Then compile it.

AsmComp(prgmNEW,prgmZNEW

Now unlock it with a shell, or whatever and you will have a character in there.

In this example 41 is hex and represents an A, so all you have to do is look up the hex code for @ in ascii.

Um @ is 40 in hex, but it also happens to be the token for "and". Neutral Your technique did work nicely for A though. Very Happy (It also prompted me to dload Ti-Connect 1.13 so I could FINALLY send Nimbus to my calc. Very nice indeed. I actually ran a few of my basic programs from it flawlessly Very Happy and the graphics are quite well done. (I think the dissolve effect is a nice touch, even though I thought my calc was crashing when it happened. Very Happy ))

And the error handler is nice too. Very Happy

Spyderbyte
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 05 Jan 2004 06:39:18 pm    Post subject:

I think I may have found a bug...

Nimbus said my battery was low as the indicator had 1 or 2 pixels of the battery power left. It was good to have a warning, but I didn't have any 3A's so I just left it for a few days. Today when I turned on my calc it warned me of the low battery, so I assume Nimbus did a good job of detecting it. But when I opened the App again, it said I had a full battery. Is this because it's running off the backup battery or because NimbusOS messed up?
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Jan 2004 08:05:54 pm    Post subject:

And as long as we're on the topic of possible bugs, I wrote a quick basic program that cleared the screen and asked you to input a variable. (I believe neither of these works in MirageOS)

It worked, but I noticed that ClrHome in Basic just does the ASM equivalent of ClrLCD. It clears the screen, but it doesn't reset the row to 0 (or is the top 1? meh). Would it be lots of work to figure out how to have the row number reset too? It might be part of the cause of stuff not displaying right.

Just another few cents from me. :-D

Spyderbyte
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Jan 2004 02:43:20 am    Post subject:

Yeah, there are a few unresolved bugs in the basic loader, and the error handler works but is not complete.

Put simply, the row resetting does not work correctly at all, and we do not know why or how to fix it. Furthermore, 2nd+Quit or 2nd+On will cause you hell if done from a basic program. We will latter handle these with hooks and interrupts.

As for the cursor not resetting, I have no idea why that doesn't happen. I almost think we will need to write a background task to update load 00 into currow and curcol.

Other than that, the loader is bug free!

NimbusOS recognizes MirageOS programs, but at the moment claims ignorance by displaying Unknown program. (We like it that way for now)

As for the programs menu behaving strangly, I was able to figure out exactly what went wrong and solve it.

Basically, when you press up, you search for programs with names that come earlier in alphabetical order (actually with lower hex values)

41h is A
42h is B
43h is C
30h is 0
31h is 1

61h is a
62h is b
63h is c

Well, if you scroll up, it will detect a program with the hex value of 23, which is the # program. A system program.

It is technically a hidden program too, since it is below the visible character value.

Pressing the unhide button will attempt to unhide it by increasing its first character to above the 1Ch hex value.

This is done by adding 40h.

Yes, you could technically hide and unhide by subtracting and adding less, but we use 40h because it is the MirageOS standard, and takes less code.

All we have to do is point hl to the character and mess with a bit.

set 6,(hl) ;to be exact :)

By doing this, we change the system program from 23h to 63 h, which is a locercase c.

21h the ! program will be 61h when you add 40h; therefore, it will show as a lowercase a when unhidden.

To solve this, I just told the program sorter to ignore programs with the first character 21h or 23h.

Beta 5.1 will be released shortly with this fix. In other words, Beta 5.1 should have a bug free programs sorter!

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jan 2004 02:44:28 am; edited 1 time in total
tyskis

Posted: 06 Jan 2004 07:49:50 am    Post subject:

very nice :D

EDIT: (is this spam?)

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jan 2004 07:56:16 am; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 06 Jan 2004 05:50:40 pm    Post subject:

i was just wondering why it won't let me put Nimbus beta on my calc., it always does a critical error and shuts down the prgm.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 06 Jan 2004 06:11:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
very nice

EDIT: (is this spam?)

No. A lot of people discourage really short replies, but I don't think theres anything wrong with a quick response that doesn't elablorate on every detail. Unless of course thats all you do, but I dont think anyone does that on this site. Keep on short-posting away!

PS This is my opinion, so if other people say yes, I would probably listen to them since I'm just rambling.

Quote:
i was just wondering why it won't let me put Nimbus beta on my calc., it always does a critical error and shuts down the prgm.

Read some of the problems other people had on this forum. I couldn't get mine to work till I upgraded the 83+ OS to 1.16.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jan 2004 06:13:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
62 52 53 53

Posted: 06 Jan 2004 07:01:14 pm    Post subject:

so, about that reported battery indicator flaw... (it wasn't in the last bugfix post, either as unreproducable or otherwise)
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement