This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Twiztid33

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 10:01:35 pm    Post subject:

:My Choices:
Grand Theft Auto Vice City(PS2)
Need For Speed
Max Payne(PS2)

as i have more ill add them, what do you guys think, what games really should be made into movies
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 10:16:01 pm    Post subject:

None.

Games are meant for interactive entertainment.
Movies are meant for mindless entertainment.

The two should not be combined, otherwise you end up with mindless mockery of interactive entertainment.

--AlienCC
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 10:34:17 pm    Post subject:

vice city for XBOX, i bought vice city for ps2 TWICE (@!#*), and both disks went straight to H.E double hockey sticks
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 10:40:27 pm    Post subject:

Starcraft. We always used to talk about that one hittin' the big screen at school. 'Kinda reminds me of Starship Troopers.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 11:33:44 pm    Post subject:

I agree with CC. Any movies based on games (Tomb Raider) and any games based on movies (Independence Day) all suck. With the exception of Super Mario....that movie was awesome.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 05:54:40 am    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
None.

Games are meant for interactive entertainment.

I also agree with AlienCC, but I also believe there are some exeptions.

I'd say FF1, Doom1, Unreal Tournament, Morrowind, and Baldurs Gate (1 and/or 2) would make nice material for movies.

Quote:
Any movies based on games (Tomb Raider) and any games based on movies (Independence Day) all suck. With the exception of Super Mario....that movie was awesome.
I have to disagree, ever heard of Alien vs Predator?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 09:38:04 am    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
--AlienCC

You don't watch many good movies do you?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 04:53:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'd say FF1, Doom1, Unreal Tournament, Morrowind, and Baldurs Gate (1 and/or 2) would make nice material for movies.

They made final fantasy, I didnt think it was very good though.

Quote:
I have to disagree, ever heard of Alien vs Predator?

Heard of it. Never seen/played it.

Quote:
Quote:
--AlienCC

That's not what he means. In my opinion, sometimes the best movies are the ones that don't make you think (mindless entertainment). But you are right Robin, sometimes that gets old and you want to watch something a little more in-depth.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 05:40:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I won't watch a movie if I don't think it looks like it will be good, however since I use my brain 99% of the time I am awake, it is nice to have a break from thinking once in a while.

What they need to do is make more movies based on comic books, those are typically good.

--AlienCC
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 05:43:34 pm    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
Quote:

I won't watch a movie if I don't think it looks like it will be good, however since I use my brain 99% of the time I am awake, it is nice to have a break from thinking once in a while.

--AlienCC

People have diferent reasons for watching movies. Some movies (like the miniseries Rabbits) require you to think. Some (Pick almost any Hollywood movie ) don't. Neither is really better, however I like movies that make you think.
b__

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 07:13:27 pm    Post subject:

The problem with most video games is that they are just too long for a movie. FF7 would be great, but there's no way they could make it into one movie.
Matt

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 09:11:03 pm    Post subject:

I'll watch a movie bout 1 a monthlike today I went to see Lord of the Ring: Return of the King

That series is biblical . . . .I connected it all together today (or at least I hope I got it right)
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 09:31:34 pm    Post subject:

OOOOHHHHH, such a good movie. Saw it yesterday. Awesome. Yeah there are a bunch of ways to connect it to the Bible. You can also connect it to World War II.
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 11:17:13 pm    Post subject:

i noticed absolutely no allusions to the bible or christianity at any point during that movie. anything that appear that way was mearly coincedence and likely only picked upon by little kids and mental patients. why does everything have to connect back to the bible? tolkein wrote those books because he is a linguist and wanted a reason to create a new language.

as for world war 2, i can see how you cold compare the movie to it. rohan could be the the us and mines tirah could represent europe in its struggle against a large overpowering force. i will stop now as i dont want to ruin the movie for the losers that havent seen it yet.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Dec 2003 11:18:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 11:23:53 pm    Post subject:

I know he wrote the books because he wanted to make his own languages.

Quote:
why does everything have to connect back to the bible?

It doesnt, but the Bible created just about every modern-day archetype and is the largest influence on life and our ideas of heros, battles, victory, truth, etc. Because of this it can be seen in just about every modern work.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Dec 2003 11:24:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 11:35:49 pm    Post subject:

<offtopic> in the society that we live in the bible is playing a far less significant role. post modernism have brought many eastern philosphys the forefront and although post modernism hasnt completely taken hold of the U.S. yet it will in the next generation of offspring, your kids if you ever have any. within 50 years christianity will not be the dominant religion anymore and the age then will be far different than now...they will be governed by a far different set of moral laws than now and most will not care. its not a downward turn thougn, its just the next step in humanitys understanding of religion. </offtopic>

Last edited by Guest on 23 Dec 2003 11:36:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 24 Dec 2003 12:03:55 am    Post subject:

Im not saying the Bible is the main guiding light for the modern world. I'm just saying that most of the morals that people value today originated from the Bible. Even if you disagree with the Bible, it probably impacts your daily life. I'd say about 50% of our laws, symbols, idea of right and wrong, stories, and basic beliefs have been impacted by the Bible.

Post modernism lasted from 1950-2000. What you are saying has not taken hold of the U.S. is probably the new wave (post-post-modernism?). I don't think we will be governed by a completely different set of moral laws. Our modern-day law system is part Hammurabi's code (eye for an eye), Christian/Bible morals (turn the other cheek), and part golden rule (love your neighbor as yourself) which can be found in some form in every ancient culture. However you may be right that Christianity/Catholicism will not be the dominate religion in 50 years, despite the fact it encompasses 1/3 of the world population. I think atheist is only 5%, but Islam is quickly growing.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Dec 2003 12:33:01 pm    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
Im not saying the Bible is the main guiding light for the modern world.  I'm just saying that most of the morals that people value today originated from the Bible.  Even if you disagree with the Bible, it probably impacts your daily life.  I'd say about 50% of our laws, symbols, idea of right and wrong, stories, and basic beliefs have been impacted by the Bible.

Most people in our world have no morals and no idea of right or wrong. 50% of 0 = 0, that works.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 24 Dec 2003 12:48:17 pm    Post subject:

http://www.unitedti.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1015
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Dec 2003 01:00:46 pm    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
OOOOHHHHH, such a good movie.  Saw it yesterday.  Awesome.  Yeah there are a bunch of ways to connect it to the Bible.  You can also connect it to World War II.

And you can connect it to the way you bought your groceries today or pretty much anything, if you want to. But the point is that these movies kick a.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement