This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cure

Posted: 17 Aug 2006 07:20:23 pm    Post subject:

This looks great. The trailer completely blew me away. I'm excited to play this game Good Idea
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 05:54:59 pm    Post subject:

Yep, the fighting engine is just as crazy as the trailer. Even with the fast character used in the movie, fights were pretty tough to avoid, so the game definately won't be a run-through. I'm trying this new "Lock-in" feature you have to fight multiple enemies without leaving the current screen (the part that goes: 3...2...1...).

Last edited by Guest on 18 Aug 2006 05:55:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Aug 2006 10:12:37 am    Post subject:

Off topic: If 1 is singularity, 2 is duality, and 3 is trinity, what are 4 and 5?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Aug 2006 12:42:06 pm    Post subject:

Nine?

Actually, quadruplicity and quintuplicity, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Aug 2006 12:48:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Aug 2006 06:48:59 pm    Post subject:

Eww. Guess I'd better use some other naming system. :sick:
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Oct 2006 06:43:18 pm    Post subject:

New poll today.

The item system is being psuedo-coded this week and I haven't decided on how to handle equipment. There won't be any traditional weapon/armor items this time. I'm tempted to avoid classic equipping, and instead use an "auto-equip" scheme where the item goes into effect by simply being in your possession.

Example: Holding a "Red Herb" item boosts your fire ability +10 and only stops if your drop or sell it. Or maybe we could have equipment expire after a certain number of level-ups.

Would this system throw people off, or does it sound intuitive enough to use?

Last edited by Guest on 06 Oct 2006 06:44:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bukwirm

Posted: 06 Oct 2006 10:49:27 pm    Post subject:

A compromise, maybe? Things like weapons, where you could only wield a limited amount (you only have 2 hands) and there are stratigic choices involved (which weapon is better for each circumstance?), could be manually equiped, while other things (like the Red Herb) remain in effect as long as you have them.

Sorry if that makes no sense, it's late.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Oct 2006 10:51:04 am    Post subject:

I like "auto-equip". But there's things that "classic equip" provides such as items that are beneficial in one area and harmful in another, or that are destroyed the first time they are useful (or, like bukwirm said, strategic choices).

To get around this, you could have an "enable/disable" flag for each item, or maybe a storage location to put the items until you need them.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Oct 2006 10:51:43 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Oct 2006 02:33:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I guess I look into a storage feature. Here's the current set-up:

Foods - Disappear after use

Boosters - Similar to foods, but they last for a timed duration. IE: an Attack booster would give you +10 ATK for a few minutes.

Equipment - ??? (what the poll is for)

Skills - Stuff like jump, slash, x2 jump, etc are permanent after you learn them. Elemental skills like fire, water, light, shadow are prone to a paper-rock-scissors logic. IE: water beats fire and so on. This is seperate from your item inventory, so you can collect as many skills as you want.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Oct 2006 11:05:03 pm    Post subject:

A minor bug today caused the character to drop coins if a water attack hit him. (Actually, the coins weren't being stolen, they were just spawned as if you beat an enemy). That got me thinking: should the character drop coins if special attacks hit him? "Special" being water, fire, spark, and shadow only.

It would work a little like Sonic, where you'd be able to recollect them if you move fast enought. Due to speed issues, he would drop maybe 1-5 coins max each hit.

It's an interesting idea IMHO. I just want to check and see if you guys think it will add anything to gameplay.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Oct 2006 11:12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Oct 2006 11:37:19 am    Post subject:

I voted no, but want to put a disclaimer. I like the idea of them being able to be stolen, but not how you described it. If someone hits you so hard that you drop coins they wouldn't just disappear after a little bit of time. I say have him steal the coins and if you kill him then you get them back, if he runs away then he keeps them.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Oct 2006 08:19:23 pm    Post subject:

Okay, that will take a little modding of the coin's "AI," but I like your idea. When the gamer starts realizing these attacks take away money, it could add a little drama to things ("Come back here with my money!!" :biggrin: ).
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Nov 2006 06:41:39 pm    Post subject:

Okay, so the 2nd trailer's been out for a few days and the project is nearing the halfway point. By now, everyone's noticed the gameplay is shifting from bot battles to human vs. machines, mutants, and giant insects. With the new storyline and emphasis on psychokinetics, I've desided on the title "Psychopath: RWII."

The story resumes a few years from where the original left off. You fight a radicalized faction of the WARP empire called the Dark Legion that emerged after Edmund's defeat. Your allies in ATLAS have given you an outlawed neural interface that gives you artificial PK abilities. The Legion however, already possess a vastly more powerful interface that will put whole continents at risk if ever completed.

The focus is on a fast-paced style of gameplay with puzzle and arcade elements that are underway. But the dominating force will be fast, acrobatic battles and difficult bosses, so don't expect to play the game one-handed. TI-82 and 83+/84+ flash versions should be released simultaneously.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Nov 2006 06:43:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Nov 2006 10:03:42 pm    Post subject:

Cool, from what you've said and the trailers it looks to be a fun challanging game. Keep up the good work and release RWI for the 83+.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 23 Nov 2006 10:51:09 pm    Post subject:

From what I've seen, you've passed alooooooooot of time on this... (looks so nice!!!) Keep up the good work!!

The theme changing isn't a problem, how can I criticise what I've seen. It looks perfect! And also finished to some release!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Dec 2006 12:56:20 am    Post subject:

As you might've guessed from the a lack of a December screenshot, Edgar and the supporting cast are taking a brief winter hiatus. Progress on Robot War and Psychopath will likely resume after the holiday season. Since the screenshot update is delayed, here is the first-ever progress report for Psychopath: RW2...

--------CORE PROGRAM----------
[√] B&W Titlescreen (TI-82)
[√] Greyscale Titlescreen (non-82 versions)

[ ] Widescreen Title (TI-85 and TI-86)
[√] File Select System
----------MECHANICS-------------
[√] Physics, object hit detect, map hit detect
[√] Object management

----------ECONOMY---------------
[√] Shop placement (area 1, area 2 only)
[ ] Shop interface
[√] Food/Equipment graphics
----------BATTLE------------------
[√] Melee
[√] Ranged attacks

[ ] Scoring system
[ ] Purchasable moves
[ ] Enemy generation
[ ] Missions / Mission battles
----------LEVEL DESIGN----------
[√] Oceanside (area 1) maps
[ ] Oceanside (area 1) dialogs/events
[√] Grand Grove (area 2) maps
[ ] Grand Grove (area 2) dialogs/events
[ ] area 3 design
[ ] area 4 design
[ ] area 5 design

Last edited by Guest on 24 Dec 2006 12:59:43 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 07:09:00 pm    Post subject:

Monthly screenshots finally updated. To keep both the RW2 and Sonic projects moving along, I'm going to try merging RW's object management system into Sonic. Next trailer "Cauldera" scheduled for February 17th or thereabout.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jan 2007 07:09:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2007 03:15:32 pm    Post subject:

A few delays in the Caldera trailer. ...Mainly due to the fact that I just started that level last weekend. Cool This is a special level, in that it involves more traps and puzzles than the previous two; and it also marks the halfway-point of the project. Check for it in mid-March.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 26 Feb 2007 04:34:43 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good though!

Can't wait to see the volcano landscape. It is a volcano level right? Grandgrove and Oceanside tiles awesomely depicted their environs (forest and ocean respectively)
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2007 05:40:45 pm    Post subject:

Yep. It transitions from dead forest-->mineral mine-->volcano. With plenty of volcano-related traps along the way of course. Very Happy It'll also focus more solving odd puzzles rather than fighting enemies. Not that there won't be a couple enemies stalking you!

Last edited by Guest on 26 Feb 2007 05:41:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 21 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement