This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 01:24:34 am    Post subject:

The banner combined with the blueglass theme are visually associated with United-TI with almost 100% of our viewers, the market terminology behind this would be branding. To drastically change the way the banner looks and the website colors now would be a huge mistake. The initial reaction of at least 90% of everyone would immediately wonder if they were even at the correct website, and it would take them a little while to realize they were.

It is very difficult to find a good combination of colors that presented together appeal to the eye (of most people), have a soothing effect on the psyche, and don't exploit those who might be color-blind. We have tried to meet all of that criteria here.

--AlienCC
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 04:35:02 am    Post subject:

"OLS presents
CONTRA83"

Other than that it all looks fine to me.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2007 04:35:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 07:36:44 am    Post subject:

Cemetech v6 doesn't have the lightning bolt...
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 08:18:44 am    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Cemetech v6 doesn't have the lightning bolt...
[post="96735"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cemetech v6 *may not have the lightning bolt. I haven't finalized the logo yet; I just kinda like how that gyroscope looks.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 06:56:39 pm    Post subject:

Well arent u so smart weregoose. I am so glad that u realizedf what a favicon was. I just found out that thats what a favicon was too! Thats why i used the word. Thanks for ur unnecessary post showing me wut a favicon was! Really! I enjoyed it!

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2007 06:56:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 07:44:31 pm    Post subject:

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
Well arent u so smart weregoose.  I am so glad that u realizedf what a favicon was.  I just found out that thats what a favicon was too!  Thats why i used the word.  Thanks for ur unnecessary post showing me wut a favicon was!  Really! I enjoyed it!
[post="96754"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*aren't *you *Weregoose *you *realized *that's *That's *I *your *what
Learn proper spelling and grammar before trying to insult someone with sarcasm.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 07:59:13 pm    Post subject:

I think it's clear that most people like the UTI banner the way it is, and that it's not going anywhere in the near future. Could someone close this topic before it turns into a flame war?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 08:03:01 pm    Post subject:

Well said Calc. And kermartian, this topic was already discussed when slayer 117 posted that his site needed help. Read that plz.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 08:20:13 pm    Post subject:

Well from the responses I've got, it looks to me that i have become an evil villain, and it is a stupid idea apparently. Not one person agreed with me, and i was offensive. So i guess i will hold my tongue next time i have an idea to improve the site. You never know. I might open up a world of emotion again! And sorry Weregoose. I'm just a little mad. But you did explain something that had just been explained.

PS: Is that grammar satisfactory for you Kermartian?

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2007 08:35:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 08:32:34 pm    Post subject:

Easy, there. The only ones being even slightly hostile were Weregoose and Kerm. However, as you said, it wasn't a good idea, which was why no one agreed with you. I do know that you meant well, and you were only trying to help. As to the whole D logo thing, Weregoose thought you wanted to change the D logo because the favicon is the only place it appears, and it didn't work in Firefox a little while ago.

@Kermmartian: That was completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Constructive criticism is good, but that was pointless.

@Weregoose: Being a little harsh, doncha think?
Cure

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 09:34:40 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
@Kermmartian:  That was completely unnecessary and uncalled for.  Constructive criticism is good, but that was pointless.
Meh. No one is going to take the time to read something if they have to decipher it from MySpace talk...

Quote:
@Weregoose:  Being a little harsh, doncha think?[post="96779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Just being straight-forward Goose as always. I didn't see him being harsh or out of line.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2007 09:35:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 09:38:43 pm    Post subject:

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
Well arent u so smart weregoose.  I am so glad that u realizedf what a favicon was.  I just found out that thats what a favicon was too!  Thats why i used the word.  Thanks for ur unnecessary post showing me wut a favicon was!  Really! I enjoyed it!
Of course I realize what it is! I've been using Favicons for years.

Now, listen.

At first, you told us that you wanted the Favicon changed:
Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
When i wrote this post i only meant, the favicon

But at a later time, you yelled at us to say that it's not the "D" logo:
Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
NOT THE D LOGO. that means not the logo with uti in it that digitan made a ti 82 routine for.

The only possible deductions were: A) you didn't know what a favicon is, and B­) you didn't know what the "D" logo is. The image that I posted satisfies both. In fact, my post before that satisfied both, but for some reason it was missed. That this all makes me out to be "harsh" is the voice of those with meager ability to separate the objectivity of a statement from the manner in which it is conveyed, so I implore you to demonstrate where I was the offender.

Wrp_baorder54, I'm so tired of this constant resentment from you. From PM's to IRC and in the forums, it's really getting rather old. Drop the grudge already. There's a certain phrase which goes, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." If you want the clashes to stop, then stop viewing me as your enemy; I'm more than ready to do the same.

Cure777 wrote:
Just being straight-forward Goose as always. I didn't see him being harsh or out of line.
Thanks. It's a nice reminder that those who have no complaints are generally quieter than the rest.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2007 09:48:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 09:47:15 pm    Post subject:

Here how it went down. When i first started this thread, I was thinking of:

A) making a favicon becuase there wasn't one there for me.
B.) Changing the uti banner. I used header instead of the word banner.

After a couple posts, the favicon was defined and everyone knew what it meant. I admit i did use "logo" and it was my bad, but i explained that i didn't want to change that logo. The favicon appeared on my url box. So there i was happy. I got angry at the fact that u posted what a favicon was and even posted a wiki page like i was so stupid that i couldn't figure it out from the picture. That's insulting to me. No one likes the idea of changing it and the subject should have basically over like 20 posts ago. After replying rudely to you, i received criticism on my spelling. I did apoligize for being rude to you Weregoose.

EDIT: I was plenty ready to let go of the past when you warned me. Its posts like those and when i am already upset that i shoot my mouth off.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2007 09:52:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 09:48:16 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes the truth hurts, Wrp_baorder. No offense.

Like iCave. Originally I thought it was good, but now I know it sucked, at least in comparison to my more recent games.

As to the images, I was just getting used to them. Your motivation is understandable, you were just seeing if you could stir some change here.

EDIT: The favicon thing is understandable. At the time there was no UTI favicon, but about 5 minutes after this topic was started there was.

EDIT EDIT: Wrp_baorder, perhaps Goose thought that maybe you were a visual learner. You know, a person who needs to see something to understand it. Obviously he is mistaken, but even Goose cannot see through the internet to see what kind of person you are Smile.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2007 09:54:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 Feb 2007 08:27:28 am    Post subject:

I'm glad all the misunderstanding was sorted out.

@Weregoose: Sorry about that. You were just being direct and honest as usual.
EDIT: Also, I don't think the favicon was working in Firefox at the time, and that is what caused all that confusion.

As for the whole grammar thing, I just thought is was the wrong time for it, seeing as I think he already felt a little under fire at the time, and that criticising his grammar didn't help much.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Feb 2007 08:28:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Feb 2007 01:41:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the grammar probably took it over the top...I know how you feel, Wrp_baorder. It's been done plenty to me...
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2007 01:51:33 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
Also, I don't think the favicon was working in Firefox at the time, and that is what caused all that confusion.

It still isn't working.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2007 02:09:42 pm    Post subject:

todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2007 02:26:32 pm    Post subject:

although its probably something stupid, like having to empty the cache. Mad
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2007 03:04:50 pm    Post subject:

Meh, it's probably one of those on and off kind of things.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement