This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 07:22:28 pm    Post subject:

But I wanted to know how old the uti Header is. I mean the big sign at the top of the screen with uti graphed on a calc and some Contra in the background. Cuz i think we need a new one. Maybe a contest for it. And u know that tiny icon to the left of the url box that shows the website u are on. Like myspace has 3 little figures. Lets make one of those too. Make the site more developed and all. Dont mean to diss the old header and all. But i feel we can do better.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 07:41:28 pm    Post subject:

How dare you question the UTI banner, you mere mortal! Taste my wrath! I shall divide you by [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]tan(90)! :ninja: :ninja:

Understand that Contra was the biggest UTI project ever. It probably deserves a place in there, as accomplished what was considered impossible at the time, creating a complete Contra port in only Basic. If we were to remake it, however, I'd probably add Robot War in there somewhere, and maybe incorporate the "D" UTI logo too. But it's really fine the way it is. What would you want to add?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 07:45:22 pm    Post subject:

well i didnt mean to take contra out. But i mean cmon. The united ti text is... well text! I feel it would look better if it had a custom font or something.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 08:02:26 pm    Post subject:

Wrong forum. (Again.) I'm moving this to Provide United-TI with Feedback.

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
But I wanted to know how old the uti Header is.
Roughly 2½ years, I believe.

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
I mean the big sign at the top of the screen with uti graphed on a calc and some Contra in the background.
Uh huh, got it.

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
Cuz i think we need a new one.
Why do we need a new one?

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
Maybe a contest for it.
We had a contest. This was the result. ;)

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
And u know that tiny icon to the left of the url box that shows the website u are on. Like myspace has 3 little figures. Lets make one of those too.
I have no idea what you mean. Please explain this to someone who has never used MySpace.

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
Make the site more developed and all.
This is a forum. What do you suggest? Help us out here.

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
Dont mean to diss the old header and all. But i feel we can do better.
Better with what? We're doing a wonderful job! Please try to be more specific on what it is we need to improve exactly. And I do mean improve, not just throw stuff around for kicks. That banner is an irreplaceable element in UTI's history, and this is like requesting Google to change their logo. You need to create a poll asking if we should make a new banner, but you might find the results suggesting otherwise. This is just a hunch, but it's a confident one.

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
The united ti text is... well text!
Well, we'd like to let the visitors know the name of this place. :)

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
I feel it would look better if it had a custom font or something.
That's something to look into once the public agreement is that we should redo the logo.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Feb 2007 08:08:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 08:12:12 pm    Post subject:

One of the advantages of the current logo is being only 16x16, it takes very little RAM to get our branding across.

In practical terms, re-designng it every few years might be defeating the purpose of said logo. Wink I'm open to design suggestions, but it would have to be one heck of a design to justify a reinvention.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Feb 2007 08:12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 08:12:53 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
...I have no idea what you mean. Please explain this to someone who has never used MySpace.[post="96702"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

[attachment=1287:attachment]

It used to be the UTI "D" logo, but now it's not. Dunno why that was changed.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 08:22:07 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
It used to be the UTI "D" logo, but now it's not. Dunno why that was changed.
Oh, the Favicon! Look again: it works fine in Opera. It just needs a little nudging to work in Firefox. Oh, and forget Internet Explorer—you can expect that to be confused about where it is until you bookmark each website.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Feb 2007 09:18:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 08:23:06 pm    Post subject:

Thank u iamacalculator.

By text i meant, its an old english style font that anyone can pump out of theyre, windows microsoft word. Sorry Goose, i should have used font. I meant that the font is an ordinary font that anyone can use and has seen. What i think would be better is something custom for example. And by saying this i dont mean to offend u as i seem to have done in earlier posts. Counterstrike logo has custom font. What do i mean by custom font? i mean that u wont find that font anywhere else unless its a joke on it or something i dont know.

Cemetech changes theyre banner. Not all thing shave to stay how they are. Change can be good u know. Now ive only been a member of this forum for like 4 months and i guess i didnt realize that this peticular banner had so much meaning and blood and sweat and tears put into it that i would get bad feedback on the idea of changing it. But i did say before that i was not trying to offend anyone or diss it. I think its a pretty good banner. But ive been in the multtimedia class for this past school year (which by all means is not much) and we've been learning about logos, banners, web design. And from my perspective it could be better but nevermind. Obviously u dont want it to happen and if the rest of the uti forum agrees then i guess this discussion is over.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Feb 2007 08:25:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 08:31:09 pm    Post subject:

If it 'aint broke...
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 08:33:26 pm    Post subject:

Yes, but Cemetech is actually ONLY text, not a fully-graphical designed banner...

And also, Cemetech is NOT United-TI.

And if it is easily recognizable, then why couldn't we keep it. If you're so sure you could do better, than please do it! It has stayed there because of the history of it and the contest since then. Has Coca-Cola or Pepsi changed their logos alot of time? Has Ticalc changed their logo alot of times?
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 08:37:08 pm    Post subject:

Has Sprite changed...oh...wait...

I think it's fine how it is, medieval font or not.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 09:18:07 pm    Post subject:

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
By text i meant, its an old english style font that anyone can pump out of theyre, windows microsoft word. Sorry Goose, i should have used font. I meant that the font is an ordinary font that anyone can use and has seen. What i think would be better is something custom for example. And by saying this i dont mean to offend u as i seem to have done in earlier posts. Counterstrike logo has custom font. What do i mean by custom font? i mean that u wont find that font anywhere else unless its a joke on it or something i dont know.
I may hide it well, but I'm actually very aware of the messages that people try to convey with their words. Plus, I don't know which package or suite your computer uses, but what the banner contains is not an ordinary font; I am fairly certain that no one can divulge to me a standard Windows/Office install that comes with Cloister Black. ;)

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
Cemetech changes theyre banner. Not all thing shave to stay how they are. Change can be good u know. Now ive only been a member of this forum for like 4 months and i guess i didnt realize that this peticular banner had so much meaning and blood and sweat and tears put into it that i would get bad feedback on the idea of changing it. But i did say before that i was not trying to offend anyone or diss it. I think its a pretty good banner. But ive been in the multtimedia class for this past school year (which by all means is not much) and we've been learning about logos, banners, web design. And from my perspective it could be better but nevermind. Obviously u dont want it to happen and if the rest of the uti forum agrees then i guess this discussion is over.
I'm pleased that you're learning new things in a multimedia class—that was one of the few courses where the teacher respected me enough to allow me to help him compose assignments for other students. It was an expression of sincere criticism on your part to see our banner as a project, which itself even agrees with the idea that someone who has recently developed or honed new skills is excitedly willing to make work of it. I didn't intend, however, to stamp out your notion that the banner could be improved, and I'm not effectively saying that it cannot, but I did pose a few questions just to find out where you were coming from. As for blood, sweat, and tears, that status is probably best left to its creator, Drubu, who may yet bear the original files for the UTI banner, and could procure them for you if you request them.

Oh, and IAmACalculator: Radians is implied unless indicated otherwise. [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]‾1.995200412209
isn't exactly [s]zero[/s] undefined, but it still isn't pretty. :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 08 Feb 2007 09:50:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 09:34:44 pm    Post subject:

Fallen ghost. I didnt mean change the D logo at all. That was a miss write on my part. When i wrote this post i only meant, the favicon , and the banner. As for changing logos, Pepsi has most certainly changed their logo. And i can only assume that it was for the best interest because they were looking for a more modern look. Im not sure if this site is creditable or not, buut it looks like there are some definite changes in the pepsi logo. So there.

Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 09:42:04 pm    Post subject:

"D" Logo = Favicon =

Pepsi hasn't changed its logo for 16 years. United-TI? Not so much!

Last edited by Guest on 08 Feb 2007 09:44:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 09:45:29 pm    Post subject:

I like our current logo. We shouldn't change it. Unless there is a better idea.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 09:52:49 pm    Post subject:

Just to clarify: is this about the UTI banner or the UTI logo or both?
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 09:56:54 pm    Post subject:

Both. They are good as is.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 10:58:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I didnt mean change the D logo at all.

By all means read my post again guys. NOT THE D LOGO. that means not the logo with uti in it that digitan made a ti 82 routine for. And wether they changed it 20 years ago, 18 years ago, or yesterday, THEY CHANGED THEIR LOGO!! But u guys dont want to so whatever.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 12:27:40 am    Post subject:

Wrp_baorder54 wrote:
I didnt mean change the D logo at all. That was a miss write on my part. When i wrote this post i only meant, the favicon , and the banner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 12:41:33 am    Post subject:

Even though I've messed with the Cemetech header, it's always been with the same color scheme and the same basic text+lightning bolt thing. I've just modernized it as the site grew.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement