This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. GEO-CALC => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> GEO-CALC

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ductapemaster

Posted: 20 Sep 2005 08:58:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks necro. I need some help designing the scrollable menu (I think thats what you are going for, right?) considering when this is finished, it will have like 80 definitions or more in it. I have just now discovered that TI GRAPH LINK software lets you type programs! MUCH easier than an emulator, bc you dont have to search for the right command, just type it! like if I wanted a getkey command, I just type getkey=X or whatever! I love it so much! Then I just save the program as 8xp and trasfer it using TI CONNECT! Also, I can then copy and paste code and text in or out of the program! Yippee, my dreams have been answered! Oh and the whole reason of the was to tell you why I'm typing in lowercase...

Oh, and what do you guys think about having our own subforum?

Last edited by Guest on 20 Sep 2005 08:59:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Sep 2005 09:16:43 pm    Post subject:

It probably should have its own sub forum...try my sample code there, making it "scroll" wouldn't be to hard (have each set of definitions each on its own subroutine and change subroutines (increment a variable and use "If b=1:prgmRTN1, if 2..." if you go off the page))

Last edited by Guest on 20 Sep 2005 09:17:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ductapemaster

Posted: 20 Sep 2005 09:19:04 pm    Post subject:

Are you talking about having it scroll page by page or scroll like the menu( command?
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Sep 2005 09:21:53 pm    Post subject:

Ductapemaster wrote:
Are you talking about having it scroll page by page or scroll like the menu( command?
[post="56485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

each page has a menu like list of definitions...scrolling as in changing page

Example:

Page 1:
1.Angle
2.Angle Bisector
3.Angle, Acute
4.Angle, Obtuse
5.Angle, Right
6.ect

then you could scroll to the next page:

page 2:
1.line
2.line segment
3.linear regression
4.ect.

and then you could scroll to the next or previous...would be faster this way

Last edited by Guest on 20 Sep 2005 09:26:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ductapemaster

Posted: 20 Sep 2005 09:39:33 pm    Post subject:

OK tried your code, but the pointer doesn't move, adn when I click [2nd] to view the definition, it just pauses the program on the menu! I looked over the code and I think I can figure how it works. I think the first problem lies in the text( command for the pointer. It reads text(A6+1,1,">. I don't quite see the A6+1 thing...it it A*6+1 or what? I see you're trying to change the line by the of pixels, but the calculation is off. Not to sure about the secdond problem though...Oh and what does the 1 stand for in the third line? Is it lbl 1?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 01:39:34 am    Post subject:

Starting off, I can't say that I approve of the extensive use of [font="courier new"]Goto and [font="courier new"]Lbl. They make a terrible mess, and there's usually a cheaper method in terms of speed, size, and control. For the most part, conditionals and strategic loops will knock out the need for labels.

Especially, no circumstances should ever require a [font="courier new"]Goto jump from within any kind of loop or [font="courier new"]If-Then-Else-End statement. The reason? It causes rapid depletion of your calculator's memory. (Did I make that one sound scary enough?) Okay, this is the truth:

[quote name='"http://www.cubedivision.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5776#5776"']For the record: That Goto is okay in this case, but the way it is situated inside an If-Then statement is generally bad practice. As each conditional nest is encountered, a byte is set in the calculator's RAM, waiting to be cleared. This can only happen when the interpreter detects an End.

As 128 bytes are alotted to the internal memory for this and other similar purposes (and as using a Goto while on the inside of a conditional nest causes the End to be potentially unaccounted for), several bytes begin to stack up over time, and this can (and will) result in memory lag if you let it go for too long (ERR:MEMORY).[/quote]
Moving on...

* Supergoose reaches for his Pointy Stick of Optimization.™
Now, this won't hurt a bit. Just try to be still while I... *POKE*

Put the following code somewhere at the top of your program:

[font="courier new"]0→Xmin:1→ΔX
0→Ymin:1→ΔY

It will serve a specific purpose later on.

Turning off the grid and plots might be a good idea, too.

In order to pause your program until a key is pressed, use the following:

[font="courier new"]Repeat Ans
getKey→K
End

You can adapt this to your program in this way:

[font="courier new"]Repeat Ans=105
getKey→K
End

[font="courier new"]If K<105—the last key on the calculator, [ENTER], is represented as key 105 (being in the tenth column and fifth row). So, the argument you made here might as well be [font="courier new"]K≠105, right? Anything that [font="courier new"]K can represent in this scenario (with the exception of 105) will be unable to pass into the next few lines because of the [font="courier new"]Goto. In other words, anything that does get to reach the next few lines must be equal to 105.

Knowing this, it seems almost trivial to write [font="courier new"]If K=105 shortly after that. On a further note, why do we need to know when to execute... um, [font="courier new"]Lbl A? Perhaps this was supposed to be an [font="courier new"]If-Then-End statement.

Next, as opposed to storing a different value to [font="courier new"]C for each key, place this after the [font="courier new"]getKey loop:

[font="courier new"]26-Ans+10fPart(.1Ans)-3int(.1Ans)+E2fpart(.01Ans→C

If your definitions are short enough, you won't have to use the [font="courier new"]Then or [font="courier new"]End.

[font="courier new"]If K=22
Then
Goto Q
End

Why the [font="courier new"]Then End here? (They aren't necessary.)

Okay, about the [font="courier new"]Pxl-Off()'s... Normally, I'd suggest two [font="courier new"]For() loops, but since this is a simple rectangle, one [font="courier new"]For() loop will suffice. Now that we have our window variables in order:

[font="courier new"]For(Z,80,82
Line(Z,1,Z,5,0
End

OR

Forget the window variables. Use this instead: [font="courier new"]Text(56,80,"░░░

That's three spaces. Programming is as much philosophy as it is mathematics.

Finally...

[font="courier new"]If K<106
Then
Goto K2
End

As [font="courier new"]K can never be more than 105, drop the entire statement and just hop back up to the desired label. Or, you could simply provide the [font="courier new"]Goto command back to where you left the [font="courier new"]If C<9 nest, after which [font="courier new"]Lbl K2 would be visited anyway, so you could leave out the [font="courier new"]Else in the aforementioned nest, and that would displace the aforementioned [font="courier new"]Goto to the bottom of said nest.

Don't use [font="courier new"]Goto or [font="courier new"]Lbl. They make a mess. 8)

Quote:
I don't quite see the A6+1 thing...it it A*6+1 or what?
[font="courier new"]A6+1 = A×6+1
(I'd use [font="courier new"]6A+1, because I'm crazy like that.)

Quote:
what does the 1 stand for in the third line?
The [font="courier new"]1 and [font="courier new"]While Ans imply an infinite loop, but he should have used [font="courier new"]Repeat 0. The same concept applies in his [font="courier new"]getKey loop. (See above for the most efficient alternative.)

Anything else?

[EDIT]

If this thread doesn't have its own forum by the end of Friday, then I forfeit sandwiches for a week. :ninja:

Last edited by Guest on 21 Sep 2005 06:49:05 am; edited 1 time in total
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 11:51:39 am    Post subject:

Ductapemaster wrote:
[post="56485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

erp...my mistake...hehe, thats what I get for skimming...

Last edited by Guest on 21 Sep 2005 06:51:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 04:37:02 pm    Post subject:

Supergoose wrote:
the last key on the calculator, [ENTER], is represented as key 105 (being in the tenth column and fifth row).
Please tell me that you just discovered that now, and not that I am the only idiot who never realized this for years. I feel stupid.

Ducttapemaster wrote:
Oh, and what do you guys think about having our own subforum?
Heh, why not? It's more active than most of the current subforums.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 05:01:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Please tell me that you just discovered that now, and not that I am the only idiot who never realized this for years.
If it's any compensation, I still don't know anything about the STAT TESTS Menu.

But, I guess that doesn't count. Laughing
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 05:02:21 pm    Post subject:

Code:
Delvar K
1->A
While Ans   "main loop
Text(0,6,"TERMS:
Text(7,6,"-PREVIOUS
Text(13,6,"1:ACUTE  ANGLE
Text(19,6,"2:ACUTE  TRIANGLE
Text(25,6,"3:ALTITUDE
Text(31,6,"4:AAA  SIMILARITY
Text(37,6,"5:ANGLE  BISECTOR
Text(43,6,"6:CENTRAL  ANGLE
Text(49,6,"7:CENTROID
Text(55,6,"-NEXT
Text(A6+1,1,">
Getkey->K
A-(K=25)(A=/=1)+(K=32)(A=/=9->B
If B=/=A
Text(A6+1,0,"_
B->A

If K=21:Then
     ClrDrw
     If A=1:Then
     "...definition...
     End
     If A=2:Then
     "...definition...
     End
     If A=3:Then
     "...definition...
     End
     Pause  "keeps definition on screen
     Clrdrw
  End  "end the displaying of the definition
End "end main loop

This SHOULD work, does on my calc...any ways, I'll upload a copy...well, any luck with this duct tape?

Check attached file I guess:

Last edited by Guest on 25 Sep 2005 12:43:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
One_Fast_Kid

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 07:11:06 pm    Post subject:

Code:
0->K
1->A

Replace 0->K with DelVar K; when you delete are variable you essentally set it to 0.You don't need that extra '1' at the end, because when you store 1 into A, Ans takes the value of A. Every byte counts Smile

Last edited by Guest on 22 Sep 2005 07:13:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 07:16:05 pm    Post subject:

This:

[font="courier new"]1:While Ans

End

Is exactly this:

[font="courier new"]Repeat 0

End

Last edited by Guest on 22 Sep 2005 07:19:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 07:22:14 pm    Post subject:

Unless Ans changes inside the loop.

then it's like

Repeat not(Ans
End
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 07:52:11 pm    Post subject:

if a key is used to quit or go back, then a false would return you home
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Sep 2005 12:44:40 pm    Post subject:

Any progress DT?
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 07 Oct 2005 04:11:40 am    Post subject:

Anyone interested in a nice compilation of geometry-related formulas should take a look at Introduction to Geometry by Coxeter. Either buy your own copy or look for it in a nearby library. :)

Barring that, this ought to be good enough...

thornahawk

Last edited by Guest on 07 Oct 2005 04:12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 11:36:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Weregoose, September 12, 2005
Line
Line Segment
Ray
Angle
Acute Angle
Obtuse Angle
1° Degree
Right Angle (90°)
Straight (180°)
Complete (360°)
Scalene Triangle
Right Triangle
Isosceles Triangle
Equilateral Triangle
Circle
Ellipse
Arc
Semicircle
Radius
Diameter
Square
Rhombus
Rectangle
Parallelogram
Trapezoid
Quadrilateral
Pentagon
Pentagram
Hexagon
Octagon
Triangular Pyramid
Square Pyramid
Rectangular Pyramid
Triangular Prism
Rectangular Prism
Cube
Cylinder
Cone
Sphere
Ellipsoid

Don't forget n-gon. You need n-gon in geometry. Just say the definition is however many sides you want. N stands for the number of sides. Ex: 22 sides, "22-gon"
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 07:50:27 am    Post subject:

This program is pretty dead at the moment. The creator last posted on UTI on September 20th, and has not been seen since.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 10:47:35 am    Post subject:

...or even logged on since then. Unfortunately, I think he's coming back.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 04:58:55 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately you think he's coming back? Why? Do you mean unfortunately you think he's not coming back?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement