This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 19 Sep 2005 12:25:12 pm    Post subject:

it seems that the 82 has more RAM b/c they don't have any Flash to make up or little RAM. since the 83+ has Flash, TI could get away with putting less RAM in without pissing off gamers/people-who-actually-use-their-TIs-for-a-lot-of-educational-stuff, which makes up about 80% of the people who buys TIs, i would estimate.
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2005 03:22:55 pm    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
so wh does the 82 have more RAM than 83+? wierd anyway I would play it if I had an 82, maybe I can borrow my friends....<off topic> any word on when Sonic is due to come out?</off topic>
[post="56251"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's because the 83+ has more features available to the user, and a lot more going on "under the hood", and that translates into the OS requiring a larger share of the RAM.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2005 04:52:12 pm    Post subject:

Yep, I'd imagine there's less TIOS overhead in the 82 models. That leaves around 28.7kB for user stuff.

The Linked Edition looks to go around 26kB, plus 169 bytes per saved game. The Standard Edition should be around 24kB, plus 169 per game. And the Lite Edition should be somewhere between 19kB and 21kB. Apacking should lower these stats by more than 1KB each, but there's still a some pressure to cut down on size.
Ductapemaster

Posted: 19 Sep 2005 07:12:18 pm    Post subject:

ohhhh, like the intro...plz post the code! It'll give UTI some publicity, and it just plain looks cool...
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2005 07:21:38 pm    Post subject:

Dude... he did.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2005 07:22:01 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I have an 82 version of the splash code. It takes 163 bytes with the fade effect and 126 bytes without. Personally, I'd like to see more group logos like this as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Also, if anybody can port my program to 83+ or any other system the thread is here.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 07:26:11 pm    Post subject:

Well, against my own advice, I'm adding one last gameplay feature.

After doing some of the rule balancing, I realized there was a serious lack of a "trap" item (yes, I've been watching Yugioh--shame on me), and this was making 2-player mode dangerously unbalanced. So I'm adding 1 last item called "Magnet" that can hopfully solve this. It's a simple change that should only add 1 day to the development process. This is the newest item since "negate" and "clone" were added last spring. Since some of the these items are really geared more toward linkplay, they will be phased out of the Standard Edition to conserve space.

As usual, more information on this will be posted on the online game guide.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Sep 2005 07:27:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 08:16:05 pm    Post subject:

Hi, i love this game but would love to see it on a 83+ model....anyway it could be ported?
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 08:28:12 pm    Post subject:

Isn't a port already in planning?

Welcome to the boards Kalan_Vod!
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 09:17:43 pm    Post subject:

Rezek wrote:

Welcome to the boards Kalan_Vod!  [post="56602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thankyou for the welcome and I didn’t know that Very Happy, but I am happy if it is.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Sep 2005 09:27:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 09:42:07 pm    Post subject:

Yep, things are way off-schedule, but hopefully we can get to every model from 82 to 86. All with cross-capabible multiplayer battle.

[edit]
Sir Robin @ earlier wrote:
_balls... that is so great...

Ah! I finally got this! That's what I get for not proof reading. Meant _bcalls.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Sep 2005 10:45:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
katmaster

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 12:17:00 am    Post subject:

YAY!!!! sounds great!!! Good Idea
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 07:51:55 am    Post subject:

how much is done so far in the game and what isnt done yet?

kalan_vod wrote:
Rezek wrote:

Welcome to the boards Kalan_Vod!  [post="56602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thankyou for the welcome and I didn’t know that Very Happy, but I am happy if it is. [post="56617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

welcome :ninja:

Last edited by Guest on 22 Sep 2005 09:36:22 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 03:53:35 pm    Post subject:

Mainly bug fixes. This week, I've been averaging three "chores" a day, so this list should be empty by Monday or Tuesday. More than likely, I'll spot additional bugs and have to add those to the list. Once every major and minor bug is ironed out, I'll remove the stack indicator from the HUD (this was the "65511" in my last screenshot), start with a new game and play through twice to get screenshots for the game manual. If I don't enounter any more bugs, I'll upload the game here and at ticalc. Cool

To do list:[list=i]
[*] Debug timed attacks in multiplayer mode
[*] Add the "Magnet" item and "Magnet" status
[*] Make "Force Sigma" cancel inbound attacks
[*] Make a minor change to the 32x32 overword map
[*] Fix an item pickup/item equipping bug that says your item list is full when it isn't
[*] Fix bug where your saved file says you're in MADISON when you're really in DESOTO
[*] Fix bug that causes saved data to enter other files
[*] Fix the bug where saved games can't be at lower addresses (might not be practical)
[*] Re-balance all enemy difficulty levels
[*] Test expert mode
[/list]

Last edited by Guest on 22 Sep 2005 03:55:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Sep 2005 02:58:40 pm    Post subject:

I'm having trouble getting around bug #8 on that list. It's making it impossible to play any saved files that are uploaded to the calc before RW is. When the game tries to locate this game, it gets a wrong address and can't locate the true file. I ran the debugger to find out how much this address is off but I can't find the pattern. On top of that, this bad address comes directly from the VAT, so I can't even trust that.

The demo could detect this problem, so the bug isn't mission-critical. If it's possible, I'd like to find out what's going on.
CoBB

Posted: 26 Sep 2005 03:21:37 pm    Post subject:

As I said, CrASH programs run with an inconsistent memory map where VAT entries are not adjusted. Everything is restored only after the program returns to the shell. Consequently, you must locate the files in some other way. The workaround in Acelgoyobis was to use a 32-bit (fixed) signature combined with a 16-bit checksum, 8 bytes of extra information altogether; I didn't use the size bytes appended by the OS but added my own after the signature to make the files completely self-sustaining, that's where the 2 remaining bytes come from. Finding a file consists of locating a signature and validating the checksum to prevent false detections (of course it will find duplicates, although they could be filtered as a second step). CrASH's poor memory handling is revealed by the appearance of ghost tables when there's a lot of free memory around.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Sep 2005 07:17:56 pm    Post subject:

Okay. Yes, those duplicates were what was tripping me up. Coinscidentally, I'm also using a 32-bit signature and I kept finding occourances of it in RAM that I couldnt' account for. I guess my next move is it add the checksum. It's just as well because I was looking for a way to make cheating a little more difficult.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Oct 2005 04:19:09 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE:

Okay, here's the progress since September...

- Partly fixed the VAT bugs. Now there is a message to warn if the file is corrupt or unfindable before the saved game tries to load
- Fixed all (known) stack bugs
- Got rain to animate constantly instead of stopping during attack animations
- Got "rebuild" item to also provide a small repairs for emergencies
- 3 of 5 levels have been balanced
- 5 of 8 melee/gun weapons balanced
- All energy attacks and items balanced

REMAINING:

- Balance the remaining levels, attacks, and enemies [estimate: 1 week]
- Fix a non-critical glitch in the battle cursor system [estimate: 1 day]
- Fix a multiplayer bug that causes you to lose at the wrong time [estimate: 2 days]
- Check for any remaining bugs [estimate: 3 weeks]
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Oct 2005 11:49:09 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE:
A little slow this week. I tried using Excel spreadsheets to balance enemies & bosses, but this was too troublesome--will probably do the rest by hand. Here's the progress in the last eight days:

- Fixed prices for all weapons and armor Cool
- Changed "Water" attacks to "Ice" for more excitement (it's fun to watch too)
- Removed the old "Multiply" item, then renamed the old "Divide" to "Multiply"
- Added "Arson" item
- Fixed LinkBattle bug that makes you loose early Cool
- Wrote 4 new webpages: Upcoming Versions, Tech Support, LinkBattle, and Trainer Files (these are coming soon)
- Made the existing webpages look better with Firefox (coming soon)

REMAINING
- Make sure the new stuff is really working
- Balance the final 2 levels
- Fix a LinkBattle bug that won't let you hack all of your opponent's item list
- Collect some screenshots
- Check for exploits. Test, test, test....
- Release the game

Last edited by Guest on 17 Oct 2005 11:51:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Oct 2005 12:00:13 am    Post subject:

Okay, I was doubting this day would ever come, but it looks like both editions are 100% done. I've spent all week trying to crash the game and it looks ready. The stack also auto-corrects (in most cases) when you exit in case there's anything I missed. I'm gonna run through it one last time just to be absolutely sure, but I'll say for sure the game will be released before November 16.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Oct 2005 12:02:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement