This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. GEO-CALC => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> GEO-CALC

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ductapemaster

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 07:59:51 pm    Post subject:

Hey, thanks for the warning. I don't know it fast paced is a good word...maybe ludicrous spped would be better... :biggrin:

BTW I probably wont post anymore tonight, as I have homework I havent started...yes I am a procrastinator Neutral
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 09:43:26 pm    Post subject:

Supergoose wrote:
*looks around*

No 'splodie nuke avatars on Tuesday. :ninja:

Ahem. -Sir Robin  [post="55951"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
*Looks around*

Discovers that only one person here went to a soup kitchen today...
That's right, feel guilty!!

Ahem. You missed one.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 10:19:40 pm    Post subject:

[font="courier new"]:NBĀ²sin([font="times new roman"]π/N)cos([font="times new roman"]π/N→A

What I'm worried about is whether the user knows if this should be in radians or not. You could specify each individual calculation by placing the radian or degree notation to the right of each occurrence of pi. Or, you could alter every trigonometric function at once by using [font="courier new"]Degree or [font="courier new"]Radian to set the appropriate mode from within the program.

Quote:
Ahem. -Sir Robin
Meep.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Sep 2005 10:21:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 05:53:39 pm    Post subject:

I'd set Radian mode; degrees are for losers; but I wish you could read the settings and put them back as they where when exiting. If you want to be nice to the user, the best way to go is probably the radian sign...

Another alternative:

Code:
sin(Pi -> S
Radian
...main program code that doesn't change S...
If S:Degree

Will restore settings after exiting the program.
Ductapemaster

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 06:33:12 pm    Post subject:

I think most high school students use degrees, but if you really think I shoud put an option in there (gotta figure that one out) I'll try.

Edit: <runon sentence>BTW I just got my TI connect USB cable today, so I'll be fooling around with that and probably getting an emulator so I can program the "definitions" section on the computer instead of on the calc (LOTS of typing to be done there...) </runon sentence>

Last edited by Guest on 14 Sep 2005 06:35:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 12:52:23 pm    Post subject:

this program looks kinda nifty. there are a lot of very similar progs out there, though, so don't get too dissapointed if you only get three downloads when/if you upload it.

hey, an idea ocurred to me: what if you were to make all functions separate programs, write a controller program, then just use Basic Builder to package them all together (or is this for the 83?)

(btw that wasn't actually a run-on Smile )
Ductapemaster

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 07:28:47 pm    Post subject:

hmmm...basic builder, i'll have to look that one up, but you say it doesn't work for the 83 (I have an 83+)? Let me know. I haven't been working on it lately cuz of my homeowrk load Sad but since its the weekend now, well, you can figure it out. Among the other things I'm doing this weekend, I plan to work some on it. Oh, and I tried to get an emulator like Supergoose suggested but none of the ones I found didn't support my USB link. Does anyone know of one that does and supports the 83+? Thnaks in advance!

PS: I submitted my quadratic equation solver/grapher program. Its under 83+ basic math progs. Check it out! Hope to get some more screen shots soon.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 07:32:56 pm    Post subject:

BasicBuilder makes flash apps out of several basic programs. So, since TI-83's don't support flash, they can't run apps.
Ductapemaster

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 07:35:32 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I understand...darn, flash is cool! Should have dished out the extra $50 to get the TI-89...
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 07:43:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Oh, and I tried to get an emulator like Supergoose suggested but none of the ones I found didn't support my USB link.
Hmm, nope. That was DigiTan. :lol:

I wasn't aware that the TI-83+ supported USB connections. To my knowledge, they use serial.

If you want to transfer files between your calculator and your computer, you'll need connectivity software such as TI Graph Link or TiLP. Emulators, such as Virtual TI (1 2), serve only the purpose of reading files which are native to your computer.

Quote:
I submitted my quadratic equation solver/grapher program.
Congratulations on your release. :)

Quote:
So, since TI-83's don't support flash, they can't run apps.
The TI-83+ supports Flash. SciTools is a Flash application, isn't it?

Last edited by Guest on 16 Sep 2005 07:48:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 03:35:01 am    Post subject:

Supergoose wrote:
Quote:
Oh, and I tried to get an emulator like Supergoose suggested but none of the ones I found didn't support my USB link.
Hmm, nope. That was DigiTan. :lol:

I wasn't aware that the TI-83+ supported USB connections. To my knowledge, they use serial.[post="56164"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
The silver link that comes with the 83+SE is USB. It SHOULD work with the regular 83+. You need TI-connect to send stuff over it, Graphlink doesn't work.
Ductapemaster

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 12:09:13 pm    Post subject:

I bought the silver USB link off eBay and I use the TI-connect software. It seems to work fine. I have put on a couple of apps and a few programs so I know at least I can transfer stuff. And as for Scitools baing a flash app, I have no idea, but I'll look into it. Thanks again guys!

Edit: sorry for the mixup Supergoose...

Last edited by Guest on 17 Sep 2005 12:10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 02:13:16 pm    Post subject:

Supergoose wrote:
I wasn't aware that the TI-83+ supported USB connections. To my knowledge, they use serial.
[post="56164"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

they have only a serial port, but the USB silver link uses USB to connect to the computer and serial to connect to the calc (USB plug on one end, serial on the other.)
Supergoose wrote:
Quote:
So, since TI-83's don't support flash, they can't run apps.
The TI-83+ supports Flash. SciTools is a Flash application, isn't it?
[post="56164"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

grrr!!! Mad nobody at school realizes how important the distinction is between 83 and 83+, but i'm surprised too hear you make that mistake, goose.
Ductapemaster

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 02:26:19 pm    Post subject:

I guess what you guys mean by "serial" is the mini plug at the bottom of the calc, right? Well, andyways it works. BTW, using my collection of MANY spare parts in the garage I built myself an el-cheapo serial link as described on ticalc.org and was able to get the rom image. Also, I'm using PTI as my emulator, so expect the definitions section to be done soon (don't knwo how soon though...)
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 06:17:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
sorry for the mixup Supergoose...
No trouble. And yes, the socket at the bottom is the serial port.

Quote:
nobody at school realizes how important the distinction is between 83 and 83+, but i'm surprised too hear you make that mistake, goose.
I am aware of the distinction. I was assuring Ductapemaster of his calculator's
ability to render Flash applications, only so as to avert any confusion. Sorry. :biggrin:
Ductapemaster

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 06:30:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting the definitions section today, cause I have too much time on my hands (classic rock ROCKS!). My emulator will sure help with that...Soon (within the next fer days or maybe a week I'll post the formulas I'm going to use to make sure they're right and to see if anybody has any additions to the list. Then its user interface time!

EDIT: I found more definitions so I'll make a new post with the document
EDIT: I guess you cant attach documents to a post...is there a way to post it?

Last edited by Guest on 17 Sep 2005 07:22:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 07:27:44 pm    Post subject:

The Attachments field isn't underneath the Post Icons under the Post Options? :?

If not, [email=weregoose@gmail.com]e-mail me[/email] and I'll post it for you.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Sep 2005 07:28:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ductapemaster

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 07:52:43 pm    Post subject:

I dont see anything that resembles an attachments button ot link so some sort. Post options contains only two checkboxes. Oh well, I'll email it to you. Thanks again...
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 08:00:47 pm    Post subject:

It should be below Post Icons in Add Reply.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 08:01:23 pm    Post subject:

Attachinated.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement