This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
Madskillz

Posted: 03 Nov 2004 09:39:25 pm    Post subject:

ok...you stated this quote:
Quote:
"its just that I want to make sure that you guys do not find any bugs in the game"

-I read it, just like everybody else. They all seem to have gotten it, but you seem to not comprehend the meaning behind the word "bug". A bug is an error in code. Thus basically, causing code to screw up. Like I stated, the bugs may not always be that visible. I.E. When my 83+ ran Contra just fine, but my 84+ SE wouldn't run Contra at all. If you need some more example of "bugs" in code, check out the the topics in this forum about Mirage not detecting 83+ games on the 84+ SE. Mirage worked just fine on my old 83+ and could detect the games with no problem. Not so, when you try Mirage on the 84+ SE. As you should be able to figure out, the programmers of mirage probably had a lot of beta testers before they released the final game. As a programmer myself, I know that I try and get rid of as many/all of "bugs" as I can before release or even a demo. But there is always something that comes up, even if I thought I had gotten rid of all the bugs! I hope that clears things up Arcane...I mean I posted all of this, to explain a something that I stated in the first place! Read the posts more carefully! Smile

Oh and I don't care if putting "?" instead of "question" is silly or not. I know you are just trying to help me with my grammar, but I really don't care if I spell out the word or abbr. it! Laughing (just for future reference)

Last edited by Guest on 03 Nov 2004 09:42:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Nov 2004 06:15:31 am    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:
ok...you stated this quote:
Quote:
"its just that I want to make sure that you guys do not find any bugs in the game"

-I read it, just like everybody else. They all seem to have gotten it, but you seem to not comprehend the meaning behind the word "bug".blablabla

Look, it doesn't matter that there's the possibility that it doesn't work on other ti calcs, my point is, as any person with any sort of language comprehension skills should get by now, not wanting people to find any bugs at all is not usefull.

I'll try to explain my first conditional statement I made that seems to have confused you the most...
Quote:
True, but not wanting the beta testers of all people to find any bugs at all.. I mean, then why have a beta test at all?

I'll try to refrase it..
"Yes, but if you do not want testers to find the bugs in your program, then why have a beta test at all?"

I hope it is clear to you now that I know perfectly what a bug is, but that my point has nothing to do with the possbility of bugs being present due to pre-testing by the dev or not, it has to do with not wanting the bugs (that may or may not be present) to be found.

And I hope you agree with me that if you have a beta test, then you want the testers to find every bug they can.

Quote:
I mean I posted all of this, to explain a something that I stated in the first place! Read the posts more carefully!
You posted "al that" to explain something you would've known I understood, had you actually understood my posts, so perhaps it is you who should try to read my posts more carefully, as they all express the exact same point, yet you manage to misunderstand it every single time.

Quote:
Oh and I don't care if putting "?" instead of "question" is silly or not. I know you are just trying to help me with my grammar, but I really don't care if I spell out the word or abbr. it! happy.gif (just for future reference)
I hope you realise that a questionmark isn't an abbreviation, and saying "I hope I've answered all of your questionmarks" is rather silly Smile, but neither do I care if you want to make an a out of yourself Razz, but please try to use paragraphs next time you post more than one sentence. Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 04 Nov 2004 06:15:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Nov 2004 08:46:25 am    Post subject:

If I was mean I would delete all of those posts b/c you guys are really off topic fighting over some one line I said who cares lol.

ok I promise to send out emails tonight, everyone look out!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
'Good to see the project still making progress. How about balancing? Did the final boss issue work out for you?
]

The final boss is awesome, Its a modified version of the originall boss, he looks 10x better and can shoot 5x as far far, he has mad life and can kik the shit outta me lol. Hes a challenge no doubt. The opening cinema is what Im still trying to work the bugs out of I want to make sure contra can handle the extra memory put out by the dialouge and will not disrupt the large running size of the 6th level. But otherwise, everything about the ending of the game I am happy with.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Nov 2004 10:21:15 am    Post subject:

Bryan Thomas wrote:
If I was mean I would delete all of those posts b/c you guys are really off topic fighting over some one line I said who cares lol.

We're not fighting, I'm trying to explain something about beta testing and comprehension to this guy, I mean, how can we be fighting if he doesn't even understand what I'm talking about? Rolling Eyes

"Who cares?" Exactly, so why go on about it eh?

Quote:
The final boss is awesome, Its a modified version of the originall boss, he looks 10x better and can shoot 5x as far far, he has mad life and can kik the shit outta me lol. Hes a challenge no doubt. The opening cinema is what Im still trying to work the bugs out of I want to make sure contra can handle the extra memory put out by the dialouge and will not disrupt the large running size of the 6th level. But otherwise, everything about the ending of the game I am happy with.
Joy, one of the testers (or you) should write a cool preview about it or something to create some more hype.
Madskillz

Posted: 04 Nov 2004 04:36:24 pm    Post subject:

your right...that was offtopic. You can go ahead and delete those posts if you want. I could careless. It was basically him saying something than me just contradicting everything he said, than him doing the same right back! Wacko
I'll be looking forward to your e:mail Bryan!
ISUCK

Posted: 05 Nov 2004 12:25:26 am    Post subject:

HOLY... i got the email 2 hours ago... <sigh> ... ohwell... looking fowards to doing some work!
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2004 12:07:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
HOLY... i got the email 2 hours ago... <sigh> ... ohwell... looking fowards to doing some work!

Glad your looking foward to it. Youve always been a good Contra supporter! $$

I worked on Contra for seven hours Straight! yesterday and In my view Contra is now done. I just gotta make sure everything looks pretty before I give it to yall Very Happy

Expect the beta email today !!! Very Happy Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement