This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 29 Sep 2004 12:25:26 pm    Post subject:

how do you do BASIC 12-level greyscale like Kerm Martian's program?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Sep 2004 12:30:17 pm    Post subject:

umm... really flickery :P

I think he uses Pixel On, that's fast enough for small basic greyscale
Jutt

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Sep 2004 02:22:32 pm    Post subject:

With line( you can also create greyscale.

Example:

Code:
Zstandard
Repeat Getkey
Line(-10,0,10,0
Line(10,0,-10,0,0
End
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Sep 2004 10:09:31 am    Post subject:

you really shouldnt do it like that, unless you add a catch for different calcs, like a dark 83 grey would be almost invisible on an 84+se, if the line is to long you get a running dot though
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Oct 2004 05:05:15 pm    Post subject:

To get different levels of greyscale you add For Loops in between changing pixels. Vary the length of the loop and where it is to change the level og gray.

This is pretty slow though, and can't be used for more than a few pixels (i.ea flashing dot)
For more pixels, adjust the order of changing pixels.
ie. Pxl1ON PXL2ON PXL2OFF PXL1OFF - Pixel one would appear darker, because it is on for longer.
Police

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 08:27:08 pm    Post subject:

Can someone help me with grayscale for basic? Could you maybe give me a code for making one grayscale dot on a graph and how i could make it darker and lighter? I would very much appreicaite it. And thank you all for replying to my basic questions! Very Happy
Mike_k

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 09:45:39 pm    Post subject:

Har har, "L@@K EET5 GUESS TEH NUMBAR IN TEH B4S1C IN GR4YSCALZORZ!!!!11!!1@@@!1"

I assume if you want -all- the pixels darker or lighter you could use contrast changing. But someone would probably need to make a basic extension.
Fr0sty

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 10:09:05 pm    Post subject:

Grayscale is very hard in basic if you want a whole picture grayscaled. Otherwise just flicker pixel on and pixel off and adjust controls until you get it.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 02:47:46 am    Post subject:

Mike_k wrote:
Har har, "L@@K EET5 GUESS TEH NUMBAR IN TEH B4S1C IN GR4YSCALZORZ!!!!11!!1@@@!1"

I assume if you want -all- the pixels darker or lighter you could use contrast changing. But someone would probably need to make a basic extension.

Just curious, but how much did your warn level go up just now?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 04:03:43 am    Post subject:

Fr0sty wrote:
Grayscale is very hard in basic if you want a whole picture grayscaled. Otherwise just flicker pixel on and pixel off and adjust controls until you get it.

A number or any other sort of text should be easy enough too, with the text( command.

It's lines that are scary, and polygons are just plain out terrifying.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 04:08:40 am    Post subject:

If you want nice greyscale, there are some asm programs that can do that .
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 09:56:29 am    Post subject:

Mike_k wrote:

If all you could do in Basic were limited to guessing games, we wouldn't have a whole forum on it now would we?

Oh and contrast changing is not grayscale-like in appearance and if you're going to use an assembly subroutine to do that you might as well use one for grayscale...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement