This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:53:58 pm    Post subject:

we should try to add sound! maybe later... but the source for IceClimb is open! it is a game with a penguin, and it uses a higher pitched sound for each level higher he gets... it is kinda cool... check it out!

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jul 2003 01:54:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Barrus

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:55:19 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah, that's what his name was, Robotnik.

Anyway, is the gamecube version 3D? (if it is, we can rule that out). I was thinking just a sidescrolling 2D platform ( I guess that's what classic sega is)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 02:03:00 pm    Post subject:

I think it would be best to use grayscale only for special effects like, when sonic is running, have a trail behind him (going from dark (close to sonic) to light (further away)) and maybe use it to create the impression of lights. For example when there's a sun on the screen have a radial gradient around it in grayscale. This would keep the amount of grayscale down a bit and thus limit the speed only by a little bit (if grayscale works that way, less grayscale resulting in a faster game). 4 level grayscale would be plenty.
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 02:06:47 pm    Post subject:

Its going to be the 2d platform(the orginal)it would work the best on the calc
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 02:33:18 pm    Post subject:

I dont mean that it is going to be an orginal game but i mean the engine is going to be in the orginals style.
Also i think i have someone who wants to help with the graphics.He will post in a little while confirming his decision
Cyan

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 02:34:37 pm    Post subject:

Hey, sounds like a fun project! I'll pitch in Graphically. Just give the buzz, and my assistance is as good as yours! E-mail me the specs at --> gilligan1326@hotmail.com <--. I'll be glad to help! Smile I need to know sprite size, amount of animations for each type of movement (jumping, running, spinning, etc.), what kind and how many enemies, and some general tile ideas. I'd personally keep it black and white... gray-scale would slow it down WAY to much! K, contact me soon! Very Happy
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 03:40:48 pm    Post subject:

Should we include Knuckles from some of the other Sonic games? Also, I think something will happen to Tails to cause the problem in the game. I'm going to start working on the story tonight. Once I have a rough draft done,everyone on the team will receive a copy. Still,if anyone wants to make a suggestion for the story,now's the time.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 03:45:08 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, include any characters you want.

e.g. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. whatever his name is....
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 04:00:59 pm    Post subject:

Here's what I'm thinking

Main Bad Guy: Dr. Robotnick

Heros: Sonic and Knuckles

Problem:Something happens to Tails(don't know what yet Laughing )
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 04:42:26 pm    Post subject:

Who's Knuckles? Oh, and Tails is that dog thing with 3 tails right?
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 05:35:29 pm    Post subject:

he is the red guy from the later games not one or two for sega genies
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 05:36:57 pm    Post subject:

Yea,he appeared in "Sonic and Knuckles" and I think another one.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 05:39:56 pm    Post subject:

on the dream cast
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 06:59:44 pm    Post subject:

okay i wanted to give u some backround information so that u could better understand the game

Species: Hedgehog
Color: Blue
Height: 0.76
Weight: 13.4 kg
Birthdate: June 23
Eyes: Green
Dislikes: Waiting, Slowlest
Weakness: Swim
Abilities: Run Quick, Spin Dash, Shield Boosts, Instashield, Light Attack,Sonic Wind, Chaos Control, Strike Attack.
Weapons: Crystal Ring, Mystic Melody, Flame Ring, Sneakers, Magic Gloves.

Sonic is the hero of the story. Most of his fans, like him due to his high speed and some others due to his originality. So, let's check out his biography: He lost his parents when he was young but he had a great gift. This gift is his high speed! He is the fastest being on planet Mobius.
One day, Sonic found one more gift, he found that if he has all the Chaos Emeralds and many rings (50 to be exact), he can turn into Super Sonic. If he does that, he can run much more faster with much more power. As we know, Sonic's best friends are Tails "Miles" Prower. Always, when Sonic has adventures against Robotnik, Tails comes with Sonic. Sonic made one more friend when he fought against Knukles the Echidna, the guardian of the master emerald in Hidden Palace zone. Sonic defeated Knukles and since that day they were friends.
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 07:02:03 pm    Post subject:

Species: Fox
Color: Orange
Eyes: Blue
Birthdate: October 16
Height: 57cm
Weight: Uknown
Dislikes: Thunder
Weakness: ????
Abilities: Run quick, Spin dash, Spin Attack, Fly, Hyper Flight, Rapid Tail, Expert Mechanic.
Weapons: Mystic Melody, Tail Helicopter, Super Glove, Hammer

Tails the Fox is the best friend of Sonic the hedgehog. He never has been loved by his parents, so one day he ran quickly into the
streets, and suddenly Sonic ran accross him and he named him "Tails" due to his gift (He can fly with his two tails'). So Sonic took Tails to his house and from that day Sonic and Tails were good friends.
Tails has Sonic's ability: He can run quickly but he gets tired fast, he can also fly with his two tails and with this ability he can carry Sonic, he is also a good swimmer. Many Sonic fans don't like Tails because he has a problem, he cannot turn into Super Miles power if he get the seven Super emeralds. In Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic the Hedgehog 3 he turned into Super Tails when he got the seven Chaos Emeralds and the seven Super Emeralds.
But.. he is talented in mechanics and he is also a good pilot. He hates Robotnik, like Sonic. He also hates thunder and.. bad companies. As we said Tails is good pilot so he is the owner of the Tornado and the Tornado 2 (they are both a type of bi-plane) and he helps Sonic to "fly" in his sky adventures, we can see this in Sonic the hedgehog 2 in Sky Chase zone.
Finally, Tails likes going with Sonic in adventures against Robotnik.
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 07:05:03 pm    Post subject:

knuckles
Species: Echidna
Color: Red
Eyes: Purple
Eats: Grapes
Birthdate: February 2
Height: 110cm
Weight: 40kg
Dislikes: Heavy Sunlight
Abilities: Run quick, Spin dash, Gliding, Climbing, Strength, Punch Attack, Knuckle Puch, Thunder Arrow, Power Flash, Spin Attack.
Weakness: Shyness, Girls

Floating island floats above the planet Mobius. Knuckles lives here. He is known to be brutal... because he loves being brutal! He is also the guardian of the Master emerald, a mysterious emerald which has huge power. This power keeps Angel island in the sky. Also in Angel island with the Master Emerald in a specially bulit shrine are seven Chaos emeralds and if those emeralds are combined with the Master emerald, there will be a horrible disaster.
Knuckles, one day fought with Sonic the hedgehog in Hidden Palace zone where the Master emerald was being stolen by Robotnik. Sonic defeated Knuckles but there was also Robotnik. Robotnik stole the Master emerald and the seven Chaos emeralds. Robotnik told Knukles lies and told him to kill Sonic the hedgehog. So Knuckles engaged in doing so. Robotnik also said that Sonic was responsible for all the distruction on Angel island but the only person who was responsible was Robotnik. So Robotnik stole the Chaos emeralds and gave them to the god of destruction, the god Chaos. When Eggman gave the emerald to Chaos, Chaos grew in power!
But Sonic the hedgehog told Knuckles that Eggman was the only person who was responsible for the destruction.
Chaos already had all the Chaos emeralds and all their power had turned him into Perfect Chaos. Sonic turned into Super Sonic and defeated Chaos but Chaos already killed many people.
The Chaos emeralds and the Master emerald was turned back and peace came back to Mobius. Knuckles returned to his work of guarding the Master emerald and Sonic team lived a better life.
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 07:07:22 pm    Post subject:

Species: Human
Eyes: Unknown (Wears Glasses)
Birthdate: June 23
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 128 kg
Dislikes: Sonic
Abilities: PPP Combo, IQ of 300, he NEVER gives up!
Weakness: He acts like a child, regardless of his IQ.
Weapons & Items: Egg Mobile (completely customizable), Jet Engine, Large Cannon, Laser Blaster, Protection Armor, Mystic Melody

Dr. Ivo Robotnik is a morphed person who came to be when an accident occurred with the Chaos emeralds. A long time ago a proffeser named Dr. Ovi Kintobor created a machine to hold the power of the Chaos emeralds so no-one would be harmed by them again. Sonic was in his lab at the time looking for something to eat but all he could find was a rotten egg. He took it to the proffessor but just as he handed it to him the machine holding the Chaos emeralds malfunctioned and it exploded fusing the power of the chaos emeralds, the egg and the proffessor into Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Robotnik became obsessed in bringing chaos to the world and became bald because of the egg! His attempts in conquering Mobius have made him as famous as Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails the Fox and Knuckles the Echidna.
He has an IQ of 300 but he uses this ability badly. He loves building robots and uses them to try and conquer the world.
Robotnik never gives up, so Sonic always knows that he will come back again, with much more powerful creatures in order to take over the world.
His most famous technological inventions are the Death Egg, Silver Sonic and its rebuilded version Mecha Sonic and the Egg Carrier.
He has a good relationship with Shadow the Hedgehog who is a creation of his grandfather, Dr. Gerald Robotnik.
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 07:24:41 pm    Post subject:

Whewwwwwwwww.....
That was alot of work.Now that that is out of the way,i have some suggestions for the story.

Sonic defeats dr robtiknic ,ok .....

5 years later...

The DR. has aquired new technology.He has know made 3 new and improved killing machines,which he uses to attack earth and draw out sonic. Sonic goes to fight these robots and wins,but when he gets to the dr he losses and dies.Tails being the mechanical engineer that he is, make a time machine and goes back into the past.He tells sonic that he fought The Dr. and lost.Sonic know knows that he must go and collect all of the rings and emerals to be able to defeat the evil doctor.You graduadly go through the game and collect and find the emerals.I n the second to the last stage,you travel to knuckels floating home and ask for the last emeral.He than being the fighter he is,challenges u to a fight for the emeral.You beat him and then are able to turn supermode(kinda like super ssj)(good use of greyscale)and beat dr robotinik.

arg i dont know
maybee u could use some of that

5 levels
three are the robots
1 is knuckles
1 is the boss dr robotinkic
greyscale on the last battle(to not slow down the whole game)
a good story
and where done

wheeeeeewwwwwww

james Very Happy
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 07:45:34 pm    Post subject:

OOOOO Shawnn i have something for u to get a fell of the graphics,or to make the graphics using calc gs
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 07:56:00 pm    Post subject:

All the gif u need to full animate sonic in the game,the best reference ever!!!!!!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/sonicfourth/downl...ites/index.html
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement