This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Fate by Fire: The Sword of Neisius => Your Projects
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 03:01:09 pm    Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
lol, i was just joking b/c i spent about one hr or less reading all ten pages

and how did you just get out of school i've been out for a month now???
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 03:08:09 pm    Post subject:

Different counties,states,countries get out @ different times. I just got out last week.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 04:46:51 pm    Post subject:

ive been out for about a month now too... but i guess we all have r own times...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 06:09:44 pm    Post subject:

It can even be different within a single school and even within classes (caused by different class-proflies or whatever you call them in english) For example I've been free from school for a week or two now but other people from my class only for a couple of days and others from my class have been free two weeks longer than me.

Anyway let's get back on topic:
Something I've been meaning to ask but I can't remember if it has been asked before (maybe you should put up a topic with a list of frequently asked questions). Anyway, Will the player be able to choose from different classes/races or any other elements of character creation or will the be no such thing?

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2003 06:10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 06:40:34 pm    Post subject:

Well im very glad you asked that. I personally embraced the idea of choosing a charcter class, selecting your skills and naming your character. This system is good as it really lets you personalize your character. however Jusin's original plan was to have one character and his name and skills would be the same for every beginner. I still like the other idea better, but perhaps we can combine the two in some way. See the thing about the other system, is it allows you to get into te game real quick. Its very fun to create a character and name him/her and choose attributes. If you have one character however, then you feel like everyone has already done wha you are doing, and dont have the fun of creating a character.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2003 06:41:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 07:54:08 am    Post subject:

I see, well the best way to combine them would be by increasing the skills that are used often. For example a player casts spells all the time, this should make things like intelligence or will power increase more than strength. Then you could have skills that require a certain amount of intelligence or strength (which increases when you use your weapons a lot) to use. This will allow for every character to become sort of unique but own't require the player to spend time on menu after menu after menu to customize their character.

Dungeon Siege for pc has a very good system like this but maybe a bit low on the number of skills.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 05:58:30 pm    Post subject:

That is a very good idea. Becasue in a setup like that, everyone starts in the same way, but they raise their character in a certain direction from their experience. We planned to have a system like this. But still, I think the character creation should be somewhat more personalized. (Be atleast able to change the name or choose of some available names)
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 09:12:06 pm    Post subject:

ya, choose the name would make it stand out... will u be able to have a chick follow u and help in battle? Wink Wink Wink
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 09:59:39 pm    Post subject:

Well the plan is to have a secondary character meet up with the main character in the second part. The original plan was to have the secondary character to be a male as well, but if people would like a female instead I'm sure we could arrange that.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 10:01:14 pm    Post subject:

ya, i think a female would be better, cause then theres more variety... Wink
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 10:14:22 pm    Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I third that

Couldn't you just do a Color Zelda Thing

At certian time you can pick up one of two items,spell,etc.
you can only pick one and can't have the other one that game ie. in ZELDA

Your choices were:
#1) sword lv.2
#2) armour lv.1 (armour is different than other games, it halfed tha damage)

You could do any thing like
#1) Fireball spell
#2) Fire sword

or

#1) Spell Book
#2) Part of a weapon set or something

it was kewl to do b/c you choice made a big differance to how the game was played and many ppl replayed the game just to see how the other one changed it
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 10:15:40 pm    Post subject:

I created a poll for you all to vote in to determine whether the secondary character should be male or female.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Jun 2003 12:02:13 pm    Post subject:

thank u! i will go vote right away!
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 01:48:57 am    Post subject:

I think you 1 out of 2 idea from zelda is a very good one. But due to the nature of the game, every character will naturally differ thought the growth in game play. No two will be alike. Becasue you will hopefully be able to modify and level up your weapons and other items as well, there is great variety.

But still the idea that two games will be completely different is appelaing. We could set it so the course of events in the game leads to weather you get a malle of femil companion.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jun 2003 01:49:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 05:36:32 pm    Post subject:

well, that would be cool... how many save slots will the game have?
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 06:02:43 pm    Post subject:

I intend on only having one save slot because of the already massive demand in memory. The save slot will be built directly into the program itself and data will be copied from the flash once you complete each part.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 06:16:05 pm    Post subject:

so u will always have to have one save part of the program on calculator? a separate prog for saving is a good idea! i think u should let the user choose between 1-3... that would be cool, and if they choose 3, then its there own mem gone!
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 11:13:57 pm    Post subject:

he talking about that there might not be anymore memory than that for one save file, may be if you have the Ti-83+ silver they could do that but isn't this made for the TI-83+ (liek to fit and play on)

also about the stats system a few more ideas:

You could do like D2:

you get stat points every lv and a skill pt every lv

stats increase like attack, defence, hp, ect.

the skill could be divided in to three groups: Magic Ranged Weapons Close Combat Weapons
they could add that stat into any of those skills and when they get like 1 in magic they got ice ball, 5 they get flamethrower out of hands skill (too hard to think or more)
Ranged Weapons 1-Fire arrows 5-Ice arrows

etc.

The second like bulders gate for ps2 and x-box:
a few skill pts every lv. (lv1 5 pts, lv2 7pts. lv3 10pts. etc.)
for 1 pt they can upgrade fire arrows to lv1. then after they do that 3pts. of fire arrows lv2. etc.
or 12pts. for ax throwing

just some more ideas
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 01:40:22 pm    Post subject:

Well I was thinking about that, but I think it will be a little different. Your skills naturally rise as you use them. If you cast spells your magic and mana skills might go up. Or if you fight, your strength and cobat skills increase. AS well as your character, your items level up to. Whne you use our sword enough, it leels up and transforms. same thng with magical gear. This is how I thinkit is going to work.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 03:10:13 pm    Post subject:

Will spells level up too then, or will there be different spells available at higher levels?

For example:
Fireball does 5 damage to begin with, after a while 6 and eventually 10 or you can cast Fireball at lvl 1, Lightning Bolt (and still Fireball) at lvl 2, etc.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement