This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 04:53:21 pm    Post subject:

OK guys, remember how I told you that somebody stole my calculator and that contra was hurt to a point in which it would take me forever to return? well the thing is, My friend Brandon was walking down the hall and spotted my patriotic colored calculator, in a mesh pocket of some freshmans bookbag. Well knowing it was mine he strait pick pocketed the kid and bounced. Sadly he did not get a good look at the kids face, so I cant beat him up, but most inportant of all is that everything that was on the calc when I lost it, was still there. Meaning that Contra is restored!!

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I got the level editor back now and its so close to being finished, once it is done, I will be able to create levels so fast, meaning a much faster release date for Contra final release.

FInally I got some good luck, and Contra is back on track now. I kinda became inactive b/c I was so discouraged about all the wasted work I did. But now that it is all back, it is back on track and I am ready to announce a release date. I am still deciding and discussing a possible release date and I will update u asap when I come to a decision!!!!

BTW: Im making alot of progress, really fasy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 06:18:09 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations! Very Happy Too bad your friend didn't get a good look at the kid...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 07:20:38 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see the look on that punk's face when he realized he got jacked. Serves him right. How'd your friend learn to pick pocket? It seems like a useful skill. :: Evil Laughter :: Evil or Very Mad

Oh yeah, congratulations on the revival of Contra!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 08:50:47 pm    Post subject:

/me rejoices!

Contra has returned from the dust!

Stupid punk though...
Bluefire

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 10:24:36 pm    Post subject:

calc thieves, grr, thats happened to all of us at least once i think, but the important thing is YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAAYA!!!!!!!!!!1111111111! teh contra hast returnzed!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 02:31:14 am    Post subject:

Don't ever Google Image Search for "awesome". Sad

Last edited by Guest on 28 Apr 2004 02:32:01 am; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 12:22:16 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
Don't ever Google Image Search for "awesome". Sad

Too bad I didn't found contra by searching awesome Sad

Last edited by Guest on 28 Apr 2004 12:22:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 12:49:36 pm    Post subject:

tripod doesn't allow remote linking!
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 01:23:33 pm    Post subject:

sounds great bryan Laughing Cant wait Razz
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 04:15:56 pm    Post subject:

lol, i just would have hit the kid, and then take the calc. when he was done, or vice-versa.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Apr 2004 05:53:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 12:05:27 am    Post subject:

this is great!
and...um...when can i start making levels again?
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Apr 2004 08:37:00 pm    Post subject:

It really blows whenur calc gets stollen, i've had 1 stolen, never go a back, BASTARDS, but luckily i didn't have any mayjor programs i created on it...
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 May 2004 02:58:14 am    Post subject:

is losing your calc not just stupid because it cost more than €100? For broke people like me, that's just a disaster, because i'll never have the money to buy a new one Wacko
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 May 2004 05:39:18 am    Post subject:

I once left my calc in a classroom completely filled with people from all kinds of grades and classes (we have a little study period thing during which there are no classes and you're free to go to a classroom and make some homework, after which classes continue again) and the teacher wasn't even there, but when I got back an hour later my calc was unharmed.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 May 2004 11:47:41 am    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
is losing your calc not just stupid because it cost more than €100? For broke people like me, that's just a disaster, because i'll never have the money to buy a new one  Wacko

Mow lawns. Or participate in math competitions that give you a $200 gift certificate to Circuit City if you win.
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 May 2004 12:59:50 pm    Post subject:

My general rule is "what goes around comes around".... But yeah they are a little outragously priced, kinda not fair to lower budget families...
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2004 05:14:26 pm    Post subject:

I never spent a single dollar on a TI calculator, except for the thousands of batteries I go through.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 May 2004 10:15:44 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I was really lucky to get my calculator back. The guy that found it is a pretty good friend of mine, and was addicted to playing contra, which may of been the reason he found it.

I have spent little on calculators when comparing to how many I have:

I have 4 Ti-83 Plus's, 1 Ti-83, 1 Ti-83 Plus SE, and 1 Ti-89. I only payed for the SE and the 89.

Quote:
I never spent a single dollar on a TI calculator, except for the thousands of batteries I go through.

You should get rechargable AAA batteries, thats what I have and whenever one runs out I just charge them while Im sleeping and walah!!! brand new!!

-----------------------------------
CONTRA UPDATE!!

-Added snipers, but did not really like them that much, so I added flame thrower enemies, that have 3 range, look awesome and have an animated fire just like the RL enemies. Basically the RL enemies are now the hardest in the game
-Worked on trying to optimize my code a bit, Ive prolly cleared around 300 bytes so far...Still working on it....
-I added an awesome feature to the level boss, instead of just shooting non-stop, he will get mad and his eyes will glow, then he will fire two lasers on all the platforms, basically meaning, when you see his eyes glow, RUN!!! I still have to tweak it a bit to make it less hard and more responsive, but it adds a great deal of fun to the boss
-Trying to make the level editor clean up the lists it makes, and trying to add the Save, load feature

*Although I said the contra engine was done, I was wrong, It has alot of stuff to be done to it to make it finished and is basically what I am still working on, once that is done, its levels levels levels!!!*

--------------------------------------

Last edited by Guest on 03 May 2004 10:24:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
X1011

Posted: 04 May 2004 07:27:41 pm    Post subject:

Are you planning to eventually port this to asm?
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 May 2004 12:34:09 pm    Post subject:

I think it will be awesome if he did that, but I think he should finish the basic program before he does the higher language. Neutral
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement