This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
S_Sonic

Posted: 13 Feb 2004 05:47:03 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and make it on Monday or Sunday night!!!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Feb 2004 06:09:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes we do have some ideas but for now we are working on the design of the characters and the title page and the background, we havent really started coding becuase we are doing well the easy stuff first i guess!

Excellent plan! It seems alot of "high end" games don't seem to emphasise enough on pre-game planning. By the way,--the current-project--what calc model is it for? And will it be related to the Sonic Misadventure project in any way?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 13 Feb 2004 09:19:46 pm    Post subject:

Erm just so you guys know, gimpynerd at Drubu just quit his Metroid game (since JoeP is doing one too) and he is now moving on to Sonic. Maybe the people interested in making Sonic should team up with him?
Basjuh

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 01:53:24 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Excellent plan!  It seems alot of "high end" games don't seem to emphasise enough on pre-game planning.  By the way,--the current-project--what calc model is it for?  And will it be related to the Sonic Misadventure project in any way?

It wil be 83/83+ for ION and it wont be related to sonic misadventure in any way.
S_Sonic

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 05:58:51 pm    Post subject:

Well, I'm glad that everyone wants to help out-- This is really great!
But, if you do run into some error, I'll be here. Laughing
S_Sonic

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 06:07:58 pm    Post subject:

Ya know, I'm so good at basic, this game could be mad in BASIC! I'm serious!!!
I have had a lot of games that require picture creation and collision detection, just not in the same game, but that's on my current project--game called "Teacher Revolution", or "TeachRev", so there's something to look for in the future...Oh, BTW, SRY I haven't been posting for a while, but I'm back now. ^_^v
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 08:32:35 pm    Post subject:

If u all want to restart sonic, I'm all for it. I can help. I think I have some ofd the story left from the origional Sonic idea cause I was in charge of the story.
S_Sonic

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 09:17:58 pm    Post subject:

sniper, think you can send me a copy of da story, 'cause it's hard to program something without knowing what u r doing...LOL ^_^v

Laughing
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 10:15:04 pm    Post subject:

well, is it in asm or basic...it seem sthat some ppl think that this would be possible in basic. i fear that they are deadly wrong, lest sonic move at 1 plx/min Sad
Bluefire

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 10:22:01 pm    Post subject:

Darth, how dare u double post =/ *shakes finger*
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 10:55:56 pm    Post subject:

Heh heh. There seems to be alot of that going around. If you're doing an ASM version. I'd love to help out. I doubt I'd be of too much service since I don't do sidescrollers yet--but I'd like to contribute anyhow. I guess I mentioned this eariler, but I've been waiting for a Z80 Sonic game for quite some time. Don't forget to make a Ti-82 version! Wink
S_Sonic

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 09:31:54 am    Post subject:

It is very possible to make sonic in BASIC. I f we make it in BASIC, it shouldn't be too hard to make it in ASM. There's a prgm that converts BASIC to ASM ya know. Plus, I'll help in any way possible as well provide assistance in storylines, 'cause got more Sonic games than anyone you'll evr meet, plus Sonic for the 83+ is such a cool concept to precieve. Really, I'm saying that it would be nice, no, wonderful to have a 83+ Sonic game, wheither it be BASIC or ASM. Until next time, Super Sonic, over and out! ^_^v
b__

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 09:52:10 am    Post subject:

There's no way you could possibly make a decent version of sonic in basic. Its just way to slow. And the basic to asm converter will still be slow.
S_Sonic

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 11:27:52 am    Post subject:

It's only as slow as the commands placed between functions, so how do you expect to put me down now? LOL! Ha Ha Ha! Laughing And, plus, this converter is for the calculator, so ha x2! Very Happy
S_Sonic

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 11:30:24 am    Post subject:

Oh, and, it converts the program to a hexadecimal state, meaning it ain't something like VirtualPC for a Mac, this thing turns the program into a hex prgm
Razz Very Happy Laughing
S_Sonic

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 12:29:12 pm    Post subject:

How do yuo properly place a personal picture? It's not working...
:S
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 01:54:44 pm    Post subject:

Basic is slow, it doesn't matter how you put it, basic is slow, period.

The basic to asm converter sucks (creates big, slow asm programs).

Thank you for tripple posting.

"http://a:/sonic.gif" is not a valid html url to host a picture from, get a host, upload your pic, and replace your current url with the proper one.

Also, you might want to close those FONT, SIZE (which doesn't have any effect if you use size=1 when it's already 1), COLOR, and I tags in your signature.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Feb 2004 01:55:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
S_Sonic

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 03:33:25 pm    Post subject:

Cute, real cute. Laughing
Anyways, how does this picturing thing work, I don't and can't make sites, just to let you know.
And, if it can be made in BASIC, we can make it in ASM.
I was trying to prove a point wizard.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 05:58:15 pm    Post subject:

Are you talking about image hosting? If so, all you have to is register at an outline image hoster site like Photobucket.com store your images there. That's where I keep my Metallix II sprite. After that, it gets pretty self-explanitory.

As for the game--I honesty don't think it's possible to make a sonic program (or even Mario) in BASIC. I've seen some very impressive projects done in the past, but generally speaking a Sonic program would be much to graphical to do that environment. However, I'm not one to stifle creativity. If you're determined to write a BASIC version I'd still like to help out in any way possible.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 11:52:32 pm    Post subject:

Dude if you guys make one in BASIC, that's amazing. It would obviously go slow, but it's the thought that counts.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement