This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 10:39:43 pm    Post subject:

Ok guys,

Its finally here, the release of the Contra 83+ demo. I tried to perfect everything involved with the game as much as possible such as, the level setup, installation, speed, and graphics and everything has turned out perfectly from the vision I originally had in my head. This game is everything and more then what I had expected. It seemed impossible, but with mad brainstorming I managed to pull off the impossible. This demo includes the first level of a projected six levels. It includes intelligent enemies, mines, weapon upgrades, advanced terrain, and advanced scoring. It has superb graphics and incredibly fast gameplay for doing all it does and in BASIC. It has relatively low memory requirements, and is sure to keep you challenged. So enjoy the demo and express your veiws on it. Tell me suggestions, comments, veiws, or anything you would like to say relating to this game. There is not any known bugs, however I could of passed one up, if I did I am sorry.

Enjoy! Very Happy

So without further adieu, here is the link !

Contra Demo !
Bluefire

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 10:42:55 pm    Post subject:

Laughing Laughing Laughing haha i had an auto refresher checking ur page every 5 min therefore i knew befor u posted and got a chance to play already, and, i got to say THIS IS THE BEST THING TO BE MADE FOR THE CALC SINCE MARIO! (btw by mario i mean whoever made the calc version) Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 11:59:07 pm    Post subject:

HAHAHAHAHA I've been looking forward to the release of this game for the past 2 months! I refreshed the forum the entire afternoon! I downloaded the game when it finally got released! And then what? I realized I forgot my calc at school!!!! This is the saddest thing to happen to me since...ever. I have to wait an ENTIRE DAY to play the demo!!! Sad
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 01:22:29 am    Post subject:

try getting vti and play it on there
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 01:40:20 am    Post subject:

*Mac*
ISUCK

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 07:38:07 am    Post subject:

Alas, i cold not stay up until 10:20 so i just got teh demo now... <scurries off to play the demo>
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 08:48:32 am    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
*Mac*

Doesnt the Flash Debugger work on a mac?

Bryan, that is way awesome Laughing
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 09:20:58 am    Post subject:

Adm.Wiggin wrote:
Jedd wrote:
*Mac*

Doesnt the Flash Debugger work on a mac?

Don't think so...if you find one, let me know.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Feb 2004 09:21:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 12:04:11 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys!

Im glad you all like it. I spent a long time programming that engine. Now that everything is done the only thing left to do is levels. I will be working hard on them and finish them soon I hope.

I will then make a level editor for contra, and allow anyone to release levels for it. Now thats tight!!!!

Also more features will come, such as free lives depending on score, and I have an awesome sprite to make a SNIPER, thats right a SNIPER!!!

So the game is only gonna get better, enjoy guys and I will update you on things as they come Very Happy .
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 01:43:49 pm    Post subject:

How will the sniper work?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 02:29:18 pm    Post subject:

He will work just like any other enemy, only he will be able to shoot like 8 cells over which is two times that of a rocket launcher enemy. Nothing really to different just that it will make the game better.

BTW: Arcane did u download demo? If so what did you think?
jtchange

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 03:11:54 pm    Post subject:

SO FRIGGIN AWESOME! Great job Bryan! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 03:25:32 pm    Post subject:

Bryan Thomas wrote:
BTW: Arcane did u download demo? If so what did you think?

No, 2 reasons:
1) VTI sucks,
2) I don't have a comp-to-calc link cable.

The only form of games for the ti83 calc I could possibly play would be those I made myself or my friends made and send to me over the calc-to-calc cable thingy.

The gifs look very good for a tibasic game though.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Feb 2004 03:26:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 03:46:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks arcane, I just wanted to see if your expertise had any views on the game if you played it Very Happy

----------------------------

OK guys, now its back to business, now that I will begin making the later levels of the game, I need to ask a major question.

OK as of now, I have the install program install 10 lists, then archiving them. I then unarchive them the lists and store them into the nescessary temp lists, then re-Archive them. This takes up alot of code and would have to be recoded for several different levels, and also takes up alot of time to load a level. So What do you think, should I use an ASM subroutine to run the install program directly from the program and get rid of having 10 temp lists and 10 permanent lists per level? I think it makes the nescessary RAM space get like cut in half.

I really think I should use an ASM program to do this since there is no way to archive a program from a program in BASIC. My only fear is that people will respect the game less because it wouldnt be pure BASIC anymore. Sure the engine is pure BASIC and everything that makes the game good is in BASIC, im afraid it will die down the hype of it. So what do you think. PLZ help me out.

-----------------------------
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 03:50:37 pm    Post subject:

I'd stick with pure basic.
Bluefire

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 05:37:56 pm    Post subject:

you should make it asm and stop it from needing all those z files and just make it into 1 big asm game

Last edited by Guest on 12 Feb 2004 05:38:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 06:17:22 pm    Post subject:

Pure Basic. If you have 6 levels and the temporary level, it's not too bad. Yes, people would respect you less if you used Asm.
Bluefire

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 06:19:30 pm    Post subject:

well at the very least he should put all the basic progs aside from the levels onto one basic prog Neutral
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 06:55:05 pm    Post subject:

no, because then it would actually be MORE space.

if you recode the same function 2+ times, put it into a separate program and just call it!
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 07:47:29 pm    Post subject:

i cant play it, i get an undefined error when it tries to load the level, there is no list 04 etc. and i cant create one i get a syntax error and the group doesn't have them in it... i really wanna play... the title shot looks amazing, and keep it basic, we need more good games to hold us up

Last edited by Guest on 12 Feb 2004 07:48:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement