This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 17 Jan 2004 10:14:51 am    Post subject:

Hey! it's inevitible that after it's been out almost a month everyone will want to discuss what happened in the movie. If you don't like it, you should be able to expect that we'll do it and not read this thread. We tend to figure that everybody who'se interested has seen it by now. Besides, I already had gotten more spoilers than are in this thread from my friends before I saw it, and I still liked it. If you want to isolate yourself from the movie until you see it, you have to a) go opening night, or b) go out of your way to completely avoid any conversation relating to the movie.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jan 2004 10:15:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jan 2004 10:20:48 am    Post subject:

There's an unwritten rule anybody who actually has a clue about what's going on on the internet should know, when posting something about a remotely new movie, put something like *SPOILERS* in it's title, or just before you actually tell any spoilers.

It's not that I mind that much (I've already forgotten all the spoilers in this thread Smile), I just wanted to complain about it before people explain the whole friggen movie without thinking about warning for spoilers.
EnderWiggin

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Jan 2004 07:42:27 pm    Post subject:

Sorry I didn't wirte spoilers or any thing in the topic name and by the sounds of it, I really didn't do a good job with the polls
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Jan 2004 07:53:10 pm    Post subject:

That's alright, no one's perfect. Arcane Wizard stated he wanted to complain anyway.
shadowing
Powered by 64

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jan 2004 09:37:16 pm    Post subject:

Don't blame him. Actually, thanks for the spoilers. Never meant to watch the movie.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 04:02:56 am    Post subject:

EnderWiggin wrote:
Sorry I didn't wirte spoilers or any thing in the topic name and by the sounds of it, I really didn't do a good job with the polls

It's ok, the poll is fine too. It says'"how was return of the king?" so the options are fine for that.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:10:48 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
Geesh, some people might want to wait with knowing what happends until they are actually watching it, like me.

I am surprised that more people didn't read the book.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:28:42 pm    Post subject:

I would have read it if I had too much free time or if I was allowed to read it for english class or if I would've found an english copy of it, I'm not going to read the lame Dutch translation that was designed for 6 year olds
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:29:43 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
I would have read it if I had too much free time or if I was allowed to read it for english class or if I would've found an english copy of it, I'm not going to read the lame Dutch translation that was designed for 6 year olds

I really don't think a six year old has enough patience to read a 1008-page novel.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:35:23 pm    Post subject:

Well, the words and names in it are those you'd expect to find in a 50 page book written for 6 year olds.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:37:53 pm    Post subject:

The names haven't changed since John T. sat down and said "I'll think I'll write a book today." (well, other than Agronom, son of Agronom and stuff like that in the russian pseudo-translation).
Are you sure you're not talking about The Hobbit? If you were, I'd agree with you.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:43:35 pm    Post subject:

No, for some reason the idiots here in Holland that translate books from English feel they have to change all the names to really childish and dumb ones.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:44:48 pm    Post subject:

Could you give an example?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:50:47 pm    Post subject:

No, I'm afraid none come to mind, I checked the books when the first movie came out. Can't even remember half the names of the english movies.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 02:52:45 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
No, for some reason the idiots here in Holland that translate books from English feel they have to change all the names to really childish and dumb ones.

That's better than leaving terminology exactly the same. I am fed up with russian books using words ending in "ing" that they took syllable for syllable out of the english original.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement