This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
mrmprog

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 04:35:41 pm    Post subject:

http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?topic=6671.0

Title says it all...
Madskillz

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 07:58:49 pm    Post subject:

I saw that, could be pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the full spec sheet for this.
Ben24

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 11:15:10 pm    Post subject:

This is most intriguing... and by that I mean Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
critor

Posted: 20 Feb 2011 01:44:22 pm    Post subject:

mrmprog wrote:

The information was originally published on TI-Bank:
http://ti.bank.free.fr/index.php?mod=news&ac=commentaires&id=961
http://ti.bank.free.fr/index.php?mod=news&ac=commentaires&id=962

Today, the first photos were revealed by TI-Bank:

Basic TI-Nspire CX -> http://ti.bank.free.fr/index.php?mod=news&ac=commentaires&id=966

TI-Nspire CX CAS -> http://ti.bank.free.fr/index.php?mod=news&ac=commentaires&id=965

TI-Nspire CX Docking Station + TI-Nspire CX top connectors -> http://ti.bank.free.fr/index.php?mod=news&ac=commentaires&id=967

Have fun!
Madskillz

Posted: 20 Feb 2011 06:13:39 pm    Post subject:

Kinda goofy looking in my opinion. Has a lot of open space on that keyboard. Granted the current ones do too. I thought I read somewhere that it was going to have a clamshell design. It doesnt look to have a design any different than the current models from the looks of things, at least clamshell wise anyhow. Looks and sounds like a competitor to the prizm for sure. Now where's JBB to spin his bs?
wjbudd

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 09:23:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm right here waiting and reserving judgement until I can get my hands on an nspire cx cas and evaluate it. Yes, this could be the best available calculator on the market, when it becomes available, but do keep in mind that what we have right now is just pictures and words and many unanswered questions. Will it be reliable? Is the programing going to be any better? How about battery life, etc? Until this device becomes available we really won't know.

Yes, the CX announcement is a game changer but now we need to see how Casio responds. Will they announce an improved Classpad with all the Classpad AND CX features and maybe third party programing support? It could happen, so I wouldn't count Casio out just yet? Also, apps are what makes cell phones so marketable and it would seem natural for the same concept to apply to calculators. The only question is which company will embrace the concept first and when.

As for your question "Now where's JBB to spin his bs?" I assume this site will repremand you for such rude and insulting behavior. It is their responsibility to deal with it. I have more important things to do. Very Happy
Xeda112358

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 09:40:17 pm    Post subject:

Ah well he wasn't being too out of line, though he could have toned it down a little. He wasn't insulting you, so it really isn't a problem. Aside from that, nobody is counting Casio out, we are just glad that TI had these plans and implemented them. It shows that they are exploring many new and cool ideas. Plus, as you said, we cannot wait to see what comes of this Very Happy It isn't like they decided a month ago to add all of these features; these features had to have been planned long in advance. I am personally glad that I defended them and it wasn't for naught. I agree that we should wait to see what exactly can be done with this, but I am pretty confident that we won't be disappointed. I hope they do eventually add in more programming features for a BASIC language because that adds more of a value to it in my opinion. I don't want to buy something I rarely use. The reason I bought my TI-84+SE wasn't simply to do math. If it was just for that, I would not have bought it and I would have tried to make due without it. I bought it because I enjoy recreational programming as well as programming for a purpose. To that end, I do think the Nspire software can be improved upon, but otherwise, I am absolutely thrilled when I compare this new Nspire to my 84, especially when it comes to hardware.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Feb 2011 09:46:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
wjbudd

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 01:00:49 am    Post subject:

Yes, I agree. Another thing to think about is what will HP do? There isn't much discussion about them but their CAS is probably the strongest mathematically and was way ahead of it's time when it was designed. If they modernized their 50g by adding a color screen and make some improvement of their 3D graphing capability they will have a very competitive cas calc. Since the Prizm announcement I've been hopeing to hear an announcement from HP but nothing so far so perhaps they plan to phase out the calculator business. I really don't know. So again, its a waiting game with the upside that six months or a year from now we could be faced with a choice between some really excellent products from three companies, and maybe one or more of them will facilitate third party apps just like the cell phone producers do. It might even be HP. There is a lot of change going on right now. These are exciting times and it will probably take a year or more for things to settle down again.
Xeda112358

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 10:28:14 am    Post subject:

Yes, that is actually something I was wondering, too. I only recently realised HP was in the calculator business, too and I checked out their products and was impressed, so who knows?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement