This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
ccrh

Posted: 20 Jan 2011 09:23:58 pm    Post subject:

Alright, first off I would like to say hello to all. Especially those working on the whole Ndless and Nspire_emu projects.

I have some facts I would like to be confirmed or dismissed. Each Question is separated by space

Is there some sort of built-in wifi support? I saw something to such an effect on
http://www.yaronet.com/posts.php?sl=&s=125502&p=8&h=239#239
I was reading it through google translator and, of course, there may have been some miscommunications

Is there really a color LCD screen on the Nspire? At this point in time, anything seems possible. Like the one posted by Spencer here:
http://www.unitedti.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8191&st=340

What would one have to do to get the rom dump of a calculator; specifically Ti-Nspire. If you obtain the rom of the Nspire, could you not use some program to run the raw rom dump code? And thus analyze the code to determine not only how to hack it for Ndless, but you could also use the code to make an emulator, both fully functional. I may be a novice to this kind of thing, but I know some of the basics.

Where did you learn asm, C++, and other programming languages and methods used to hack the Nspire.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Jan 2011 11:37:52 pm    Post subject:

The problem with nSpire is its lack of programmability.
ccrh

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 12:37:39 am    Post subject:

NETWizz wrote:

That is now outdated and irrelevant to this topic. I know this already, but Ndless helps quite a bit. MAYBE TI WILL RELEASE A NEW OS WITH PROGRAMMING CAPABILITIES. Lol, I don't think they would actually do that. The only thing more likely than that is somebody cracking the Nspire's OS signing key and writing an entire OS from scratch. Perhaps somebody can patch one of the current OSes and add functionality and more built in programming capabilities.
willrandship

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 05:32:47 pm    Post subject:

To the first post:

No to both counts. the nspire has a dock connector that supports many add-ons, including wifi, but no browsing support in the os.

The nspire has a color LED on the top, but a greyscale LCD. That is a fake pic. note the rickroll image.

Rom dumps can be had from the OS install files, nothing difficult there. That is probably how they're making ndless, I'd bet. There is already an emulator, and it doesn't need the ROM to be made, since it emulates the hardware, not the software.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jan 2011 05:34:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ccrh

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 05:40:57 pm    Post subject:

willrandship wrote:

The nspire has a color LED on the top, but a greyscale LCD. That is a fake pic. note the rickroll image.

What exactly do you mean by color LED on the top

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jan 2011 05:43:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 05:46:20 pm    Post subject:

The emulator may not need to ROM to be made if it has the ROM already built into it.
willrandship

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 10:37:59 pm    Post subject:

There is an LED on the top of the nspire, activated during press to test mode.

@netwizz true but that's illegal, since OS files are copyright, unless you make your own. :P

Edit: here's the LED's mem address on hackspire. http://hackspire.unsads.com/wiki/index.php/Memory-mapped_I/O_ports#90110000_-_LED

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jan 2011 10:39:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 01:26:04 am    Post subject:

That is not what I said. The emulator not only emulates hardware, but it must have software. All I am saying is that if the Nsprie owners do not have to dump a ROM file (for their own, personal use) then TI has included it in the emulator... otherwise it would not work.
ccrh

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 04:54:29 am    Post subject:

Ok, the LED makes sense. I noticed there is something at AC000000, SD Host Controller. What does this mean? Does it mean that there is built in support to plug in an SD card or some sort of adapter?
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 20 Apr 2011 01:33:56 am    Post subject:

Maybe, but we don't know where to plug it.
Levak

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 Apr 2011 07:02:18 am    Post subject:

NETWizz wrote:

There is Lua now. More info at Omnimaga/TI-Bank
Diedra Savary

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 03:07:11 am    Post subject:

NETWizz wrote:

How can I establish a WiFi internet connection using a USB modem and a wireless router?
I use a USB modem to connect to the internet on my desktop computer. Would it be possible to configure a wireless router on my desktop to broadcast WiFi for my laptop or Wii using the USB modem's internet connection?

---------------------------------------------
wpa cracking hack wifi wep crack backtrack

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2011 03:07:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 04 Aug 2011 12:24:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
How can I establish a WiFi internet connection using a USB modem and a wireless router?

We don't know how to do that on a Nspire.
You _might_ be able to implement SLIP and use the serial port at 115200 bps.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement