This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Bhaliar

Posted: 09 Feb 2010 08:41:06 pm    Post subject:

Should I use Ion or Doors cs if I want to play games on my calculator?

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2010 09:46:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Feb 2010 11:19:05 pm    Post subject:

If you just want to run programs, then you should use NoShell or CalcUtil. As awesome and groundbreaking as Ion was, it's been pretty thoroughly obsoleted. If you want a GUI, then DoorsCS or MirageOS would work, though MirageOS is somewhat unstable and DoorsCS is somewhat large. CrunchyOS is a lesser-known and lightweight alternative that I thought was pretty good, but it's so sparse on features that I'd personally just use NoShell instead.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Feb 2010 11:27:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
eveenstra

Posted: 06 Mar 2010 05:35:47 pm    Post subject:

Use CalcUtil. It can run prgms from the homescreen as well as edit them w/o unarchiving them.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/400/40029.html
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 04 Jun 2010 10:44:50 am    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]If you just want to run programs, then you should use NoShell or CalcUtil. As awesome and groundbreaking as Ion was, it's been pretty thoroughly obsoleted. If you want a GUI, thenDoorsCS or MirageOS would work, though MirageOS is somewhat unstable and DoorsCS is somewhat large. CrunchyOS is a lesser-known and lightweight alternative that I thought was pretty good, but it's so sparse on features that I'd personally just use NoShell instead.[/size]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][size="2"]
[/size][/size]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"] [/size]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][size="2"]MirageOS somewhat unstable? How? I haven't crashed my calculator using it yet. [color=#000000][size="3"][/size][/size][/color][/size]
[color=#000000][/color][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]
eveenstra wrote:

Use CalcUtil. It can run prgms from the homescreen as well as edit them w/o unarchiving them.

http://www.ticalc.or.../400/40029.html

I've heard that the DoorsCS7 supports homescreen program running. Can anyone verify this?

Last edited by Guest on 04 Jun 2010 10:45:15 am; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Jun 2010 06:08:32 pm    Post subject:

Deep Thought wrote:

IAmACalculator wrote:

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]If you just want to run programs, then you should use NoShell or CalcUtil. As awesome and groundbreaking as Ion was, it's been pretty thoroughly obsoleted. If you want a GUI, thenDoorsCS or MirageOS would work, though MirageOS is somewhat unstable and DoorsCS is somewhat large. CrunchyOS is a lesser-known and lightweight alternative that I thought was pretty good, but it's so sparse on features that I'd personally just use NoShell instead.[/size]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][size="2"]
[/size][/size]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"] [/size]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][size="2"]MirageOS somewhat unstable? How? I haven't crashed my calculator using it yet. [color=#000000][size="3"][/size][/size][/color][/size]
[color=#000000][/color][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]
eveenstra wrote:

http://www.ticalc.or.../400/40029.html

I've heard that the DoorsCS7 supports homescreen program running. Can anyone verify this?

Weĺl it will but DoorsCS7 isn't out yet and won't be for a while, and no DCS6 does not support that currently. If you want more info on DCS in general Kerm is working on it over at http://cemetech.net/
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement