This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. S.A.D. (Seek and Destroy) =>
United-TI Archives -> S.A.D. (Seek and Destroy)

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Dec 2009 05:55:44 am    Post subject:

Congratulations for the feature, Hot Dog! Let's hope this project doesn't die.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 10:28:00 am    Post subject:

Did anyone see this link?

http://www.darrylmoss.npauthors.com/

This is entirely coincidental, I found it last night. The book was published in 2006, and the idea for this game came in 2005, when I partnered with a friend to make a board game for math class. (The board game was a multi-unit focus, and unbalanced, but it is the "father" of this calculator version, AND it was called S.A.D, Seek and Destroy.) So you'll find there's almost no relationship between this and the book. But still, I saw the book and thought someone was stealing ideas.

I hope this will be the last random fact for a while:

Random Fact #8

At first, there was a build time on structures, but now they will build instantly. I was thinking about how a person needs as much time focused on his unit as possible, since everything about the unit is done manually; and with a lack of build ques, the fact that structures build instantly allows more time for the player to focus on other aspects of the game.

This is partly why there are restrictions on the ACC, and it's also one of the reasons defense is going through many tweaks. It's all about preventing lock downs. On the other side of the coin, we don't want to make these buildings a waste of money.

Research will probably have a build time.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 08:37:09 pm    Post subject:

lol :biggrin: me and my friend used to make board games during recess when we couldn't go outside.
anyway congrats on the feature
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Dec 2009 06:41:01 pm    Post subject:

My next step in S.A.D. is, as you can see from my signature, working on the beginning "guts" of the game. To do this, I'm working on getting the hang of the pucrunch decompression and compression. So this next week, I'm working on trimming my ship sprites down and converting their code into raw binary to be compressed.

I will also continue posting structure information.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Dec 2009 08:34:03 pm    Post subject:

SOunds good! Can't wait for some screenshots!
Galandros

Posted: 13 Dec 2009 08:22:44 am    Post subject:

I have drafted quite a few games for seeing what I could come up with and one of them involved some strategy game with machines, basically.

I gave some attention to this today and by seeing some of design work, has enlighten me in some crucial design aspects for my game. I will try to come with something original and fun to play. So thanks for showing the design aspects.

I hope your project goes well and I am curious about how SAD is going to be.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 05:12:10 pm    Post subject:

Here's a miniature update: This animation will display during the Loading screen. If connecting to a player, the animation with the caption "CONNECTING" will display, with the background being the main menu background. Otherwise, this animation will display with the caption "LOADING", and the background will be the center of the map being loaded.

[attachment=2974:Reclauda_Loading.gif]

The Reclauda does not turn like this during gameplay or during cutscenes, but the implication is the outside wings of a Reclauda can turn in almost any direction in 3D space to allow for specialized flying. Spoiler: [whiteout]You'll find this attribute of Reclaudas is important in the campaign...but in the campaign the Reclaudas will be a one-sprite image just like in multiplayer gameplay.[/whiteout]

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jul 2010 01:02:16 am; edited 1 time in total
ztrumpet

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 09:00:59 pm    Post subject:

That looks awesome! Is there any chance that a demo may be released soon?
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 12:15:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Is there any chance that a demo may be released soon?

Sorry, no chance at all of it being released soon.

But this project is far from dead, and we certainly plan on having a demo eventually. The demo will be released as soon as balance is taken care of, so when we start asking for balance testers, you'll know the day of the demo is close. In the meantime, I will eat my hat if things don't start speeding up next week. Cool
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 01:01:09 am    Post subject:

I'll probably have enough time to get some work in. Also I have designed a userbar for the dev team using an online tool, but since I'm on my iPod I can't host it like I usually would, so I'll email it to you Hot Dog if you want so you can post it if you want to use it.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 01:21:42 am    Post subject:

A userbar? I'm interested, but what does it do?
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 01:32:55 am    Post subject:

It's like those pictures I have in my signature that advertise that I am a member on omnimaga, this one is for the SAD development team, if you want to see it, PM me an email address and I'll send it to that.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Dec 2009 01:33:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ztrumpet

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 04:13:40 pm    Post subject:

Eeems wrote:
It's like those pictures I have in my signature that advertise that I am a member on omnimaga, this one is for the SAD development team, if you want to see it, PM me an email address and I'll send it to that.
Are you also going to make on for "SAD supporters"?
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 06:14:27 pm    Post subject:

sure! actually I'm going to redesign the userbar for the dev team and the supporters using the userbar designer now that I'm on the comp

EDIT: here is the dev team

EDIT: and the supporters

EDIT: if you want to take a look at any of the other userbars I've made, take a look at this folder
http://future_history.freehostia.com/Images/Userbars
[/shameless plug]

Last edited by Guest on 18 Dec 2009 06:40:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 09:06:40 pm    Post subject:

Continuing work on the menu, I'm adding the options tonight.

We have a chat room on http://www.omnimaga.org/irc/. Just type in /join #seekanddestroy
You may see me there in the online list, but I won't always be at my computer. Usually if you leave a message in the chat room I'll leave a reply, but if you catch me at a good time, I'll take a good chunk of time to answer any questions, comments, etc. about S.A.D. you may have. The only exception is I won't answer any questions about the campaign, but anything else is fair game.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 01:27:31 am    Post subject:

Also, you don't need to use just omnimaga's irc, use any client you want
server: irc.efnet.net (or any variation of efnet)
channel: #seekanddestroy
ztrumpet

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 10:29:07 am    Post subject:

I'll have to try the channel sometime...

Eeems, I like the suporters bar. I now have two of your bars in my sig. Smile
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 12:32:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that would be cool, after all we can go more in depth in less time on specifics on there.
W00t! Thanks Smile I like making userbars Razz
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 03:02:37 pm    Post subject:

I plan to have some screenshots up sometime this week. The menus are finished, so now I have a couple of things left to add:

1. The loading screen (which shouldn't take long)
2. Preventing double-hosting and double-joining. If both players host or both players join by mistake, and there's nothing to fix this, the game will have errors or unwanted gameplay.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 06:06:33 pm    Post subject:

Sweet! Can't wait to see the screenshots!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 11 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement