This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 10:08:11 am    Post subject:

I was wondering what the best way to store levels for a game. I'm not sure if i should program them directly into the program , or store them and pull them from somewhere else when i need them. I guess it would depend on how many I have, but i can worry about that later. I only want to know for future reference only right now though.
ztrumpet

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 02:37:11 pm    Post subject:

Personally I'd store them as lists (within the program) because then if you wish to make a level editor you can still use (external) lists to store user made levels.
Examples of this:
Drifter (Mine)
Donut Quest (Darkerline)
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 03:02:46 pm    Post subject:

thats what i was thinking mostly because matrices take a long time to write out, and i can easily convert list to matrices. well i just had to be sure, so thanks.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 10:22:55 pm    Post subject:

what if i stored the levels in a picture, i mean since i am using x lib i am probably going to need a pic for my sprite map any way. i can use a for( loop and pxl-test to set up the matrix then add the start position. also i can make the levels sprites for a level select screen to. oh and sorry about the double post
ztrumpet

Posted: 17 Oct 2009 09:02:01 am    Post subject:

Bottom line is it's up to you. Do whatever you think is the best method. Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement