This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Celtic III => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Celtic III

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 May 2008 08:10:11 pm    Post subject:

Ok so I did some testing after finding a save file from Metroid II: Expansion Set on my PC somewhere and I think I found some issues. Altough I am unsure what caused them, but Nitacku told me Celtic didn't supported clipped sprites from the top of the screen. When I tried they seemed to display fine, but later it seems the Rand function got messed up because enemies always appeared at the top left corner of the screen, and eventually the game went into an endless BASIC loop because a map had a solid tile at that location. See screenshot attached to this thread

EDIT: As for speed game seems to run slower during boss fights but when shooting it seems faster, and at other places it seemed faster too in overall

EDIT 2: As for Omnicalc Sprite( compatibility it didn't worked at all, but I guess by output you meant the display, not Ans var (since Omnicalc update Ans var for its functions)

EDIT 3: IN the second screenshot you see Reuben running with Celtic first, then Omnicalc afterward. Sorry for shitty grayscale quality in the second part I used WabbitEmu instead of PindurTI. This also caused contrast change and Z-Address special effects to not all show up except at the end of the screenshot during battle, since WabbitEmu doesn't support them properly during screenshooting

Last edited by Guest on 29 May 2008 08:56:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 May 2008 01:05:47 pm    Post subject:

is it me, or do those seem faster than previous screenies?
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 May 2008 05:32:58 pm    Post subject:

When you shoot enemies while they're not off screen there are no more gap between the end of shooting and action resuming. With xlib there was half a second lag. But boss fight movement seems a lil slower
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 May 2008 12:52:45 pm    Post subject:

well, it's another reminder of how awesome your games were Smile
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Jun 2008 11:00:25 pm    Post subject:

This release is mainly for bugfixes that prevented two now-supported Omnicalc commands from ever getting a chance to run. They still haven't been tested for goodness, but the code will actually get to run. DJ Omnimaga, whenever he gets his testing environment up and running again, can test this, but by no means is anyone else excluded from doing so. (Why else am I making this public? )

This release was also sorta rushed since I was right in the middle of writing a special case for the sprite routine that would accelerate rendering for aligned sprites. The code responsible for getting to that routine has been commented out, since it was in no condition for use. I at least tested that I hadn't broken anything by using PindurTI and an installation of DJ's Metroid II Expansion. This test is also when I noticed that things are being rendered more "correctly", so I had to put it out.

Comments and suggestions at this point are very much welcome.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jun 2008 11:01:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jun 2008 11:51:23 pm    Post subject:

Sweet now Omnicalc Sprite( works! But there is a lil problem with the speed ;.;

As guessed on IRC a few seconds ago could this really be that Celtic III forget to set the speed back at 15 MHz? The weird thing is that grayscale seemed to look better at some places, altough it might be because Wabbitemu doesn't emulate grayscale properly. My concern is that even the busy indicator was slowed down

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jun 2008 11:52:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement