This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jun 2007 03:20:06 pm    Post subject:

After further progress on the statistics pages, several interesting questions arise. For example: Why does Z-Test( calculate Sx, when it isn't necessary, or ever used? Speaking of Z-Test(, why do all the statistical commands with Z- (except ZInterval) have parentheses, while the identical commands with T- never do?

I figured out what Sxp in the ANOVA test meant though - it's pooled standard deviation. Of course, my explanation of that test is probably still unsatisfactory, but it'll have to do.

Edit: I have yet another question. LinRegTTest returns a statistic called s (among many others). This is obviously a standard deviation; the question is, what is it a standard deviation of? It's not the slope - I checked; nor is it the standard deviation of the x-list, the y-list, or the residuals. I have the suspicion I learned this in my statistics class, but seeing as it was of no use in actual calculations I forgot it.

Edit 2: I'm done with the rest of it though, and editing the answer to this question shouldn't take more than a minute.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Jun 2007 10:15:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 02:20:10 am    Post subject:

I just finished updating the subprograms page, and I was wondering if someone could read through the page to make sure there are no errors (spelling or otherwise) and to make sure I didn't forget to include any important subprogram information. General feedback would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2007 02:39:21 am; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 11:45:24 am    Post subject:

I'm reading it now.

It's got some good information in there, but I think in parts it's too wordy and complicated. I'll see if there's a better way to word them.

EDIT: I tried rewording some parts in the first half, adding an image, and adding a trick I used here.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2007 02:01:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 07 Jul 2007 12:22:08 am    Post subject:

I was wondering what you guys thought about me registering a domain name for the wiki? Do you think it is necessary, and would people use it, or should we just stick to using the wikidot name? If you guys like the idea, what do you think would be a good domain name? Thanks for the feedback Smile
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Jul 2007 10:44:30 am    Post subject:

I like the wikidot name. It's relatively short, and it tells people that the site is a wiki right away, which is a good thing to know.
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 27 Jul 2007 03:11:30 am    Post subject:

I put together a FAQ of common TI-Basic related questions that people ask, and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for additional questions that should be added to the list? Thanks.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Jul 2007 03:09:54 pm    Post subject:

FAQ wrote:
When your program takes a minute to load and there's a five second lag after each key press, that's a good indicator that you should probably use Assembly instead.
It's more likely a good indicator that the program needs to be revised. There are plenty of techniques to accomplish whatever needs to get done.

Quote:
There's no programs available...
is→are
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 11:39:03 pm    Post subject:

The next wiki page I want to make is a list of routines. What I was planning on doing was using some of the routines that are linked to in the routines list topic and posted on some of the other TI forums. Do you guys think that would be alright? Do you think anybody would mind me posting their routine(s) on the wiki?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 06:25:05 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't, and I don't think anyone else would if you give them credit for it.
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 04 Sep 2007 02:45:10 am    Post subject:

I know it's not very important, but I just wanted to point out that the wiki has now been in existence for approximately a year. Smile The site has exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds, and I just want to say thanks to all the people who have contributed to make it a quality site. Really, it's not my site anymore, but our site; it belongs to the TI-Basic community now.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Sep 2007 08:34:55 am    Post subject:

Great work. I haven't checked out the the TI-BD in a while and it looks awesome you guys did a great job.
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 04 Sep 2007 10:51:58 am    Post subject:

Kudos to all of the TI-BD contributors for having added so much in the year that the wiki has existed.

I sure hope that by the next year, there will be enough content to warrant the creation of an offline version. :D

thornahawk
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 03:25:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm planning on creating a downloads page for all of the content on the wiki, as well as some of the TI tools (such as the manual and graph link) and other tutorials available on the Internet, and I was wondering if any of the admins had a backup of the site? Unfortunately, the backup module is not currently working, so that's why I'm asking. I did make a backup of the site a while ago, but I reformatted my computer and forgot to save the backup.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 05:18:39 pm    Post subject:

I've got a backup from a month or two back. Maybe longer. It's on my other computer, though.
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 12:30:43 am    Post subject:

I just finished adding all of the tutorials/guides to the downloads page. I was wondering if somebody could go over each tutorial/guide to see that the link is working? Also, if anybody knows of any tutorials/guides that I forgot, please post them. Thanks.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 01:47:48 am    Post subject:

I checked most of the links and all the ones that I checked worked great.

As far as tutorials go, most of them are new to me.
The tutorials that I have seen are included though. Very comprehensive Smile

Last edited by Guest on 15 Oct 2007 01:48:29 am; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 01:25:07 pm    Post subject:

Heh, I had forgotten all about that beginnings of a tutorial I posted. That never got off the ground, did it? Looking back at it, the content isn't half bad, but what was I thinking with yellow as a background color??

After looking at the Recent Changes page:
Spandiv! Do you realize you just made 350+ revisions?? I think you deserve some paid vacation time or something. Razz
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 02:47:36 pm    Post subject:

nitacku wrote:
As far as tutorials go, most of them are new to me.
The tutorials that I have seen are included though. Very comprehensive Smile
I had been holding onto those tutorials for a while, and I wanted to make sure that they weren't lost to the TI-Basic community. Unfortunately, the only tutorials that I knew about that I didn't manage to find were from Kevtiva. I tried going to their site using the Wayback Machine, but they had a robots.txt file. Anywho, now when somebody needs a TI-Basic tutorial, they'll know where to look :D

alexrudd wrote:
After looking at the Recent Changes page:
Spandiv!  Do you realize you just made 350+ revisions??  I think you deserve some paid vacation time or something. Razz
We actually made it onto the Top Sites activity module:

[attachment=1957:attachment]

Last edited by Guest on 15 Oct 2007 02:48:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 03:25:15 pm    Post subject:

I should probably do some work on the site.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Oct 2007 09:43:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 09:34:13 pm    Post subject:

I noticed the orphaned Humor page. Will that eventually be used somehow?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 12 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement