This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 10:34:05 am    Post subject:

Would it be possible to add a few new smilies for coding?

Right now, certain text strings such as :ninja : are changed into :ninja:

How about changing -> into →, and so on?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 11:06:46 am    Post subject:

Yes, I agree, some more symbols would be really nice such as a couple of greek letters, math symbols, the > part of >frac... I realy could go on. Smile Just look at xpHeoniX's sig for some symbols.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 01:27:26 pm    Post subject:

It would be a great addition to the ease of typing codes for the forums, but I think using Wergoose's posts would help too Laughing
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:04:31 pm    Post subject:

Since this topic didn't really spark much interest, I decided to make some smilies that the communty can use. Some of them are just semi-ripped from the phpbb forums. That doesn't mean it was easy though... Smile Some of them are my own. You can probably tell which ones are Wink . Anyways, here they are. I have them attached at the bottom for anyone who wants the file.

TOP ROW: twisted(I have a feeling Delnare will like this for some reason), friendly wink(Our current one is not very friendly), and Cool guy(Our current sungalsses smily is not very friendly either)

BOTTOM ROW: not-as-cool guy, Bigger grin(less cheesu as the current one), I-won't-say-a-word(Used for if someone told you a secret. Shhh... Don't tell!)

Oh and as a little surprise to my fellow friends: May I present to you.... |_337 smily

Hope you guys like them.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 08:09:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:14:05 pm    Post subject:

Cool smilies. Too bad I don't have the artistic capability or imagination to think of more.

SilverCalcKnight (?) might like that "1337" one.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:30:18 pm    Post subject:

Woah, new smilies to use in my posts! Awesome

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 08:33:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:37:10 pm    Post subject:

Why would I like the twisted one? You think I would have some evil plans for it, right? (Oh drat! Razz )

The "Won't say a thing" sprite reminds me of a skull, I don't know why.

I looked at the middle bottom smiley and though "Holy cr*p, that's one huge smile!"

Why is the friendly winking smiley winking his left eye when the current wink winks his right eye?

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 08:40:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:43:38 pm    Post subject:

They'll look much better with transparent backgrounds.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:44:20 pm    Post subject:

Friendly wink is based off the phpbb yellow smilies and if you go to otbp, you will see the smily I ripped. About the huge grin. That is really big, I didnt realize it was that big and square. Some change may be in need.

Edit: Clooped out some more and changed bigger grin. I think it looks like a genuinly nice smile.

BOTTOM ROW: Dying Eyes(had to Smile ), Suspicious, wet one.(I think the last one will come in handy a lot. Very Happy )

And bigger grin as you can see, has a narrower smile. Oh and I almost forgot: Skeleton boy now has a better smile to look more like he is keeping a secret.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 09:01:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:59:42 pm    Post subject:

I made a couple:

>_<:
XD:
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 09:09:45 am    Post subject:

I thought this was about adding "code" smiles which I think is a good idea and an admin should look in to getting some.
Groene07

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 09:28:05 am    Post subject:

I'm artistic, but I have no means of making them on the computer (No to 2d, 3d 4 Life Very Happy )

I think we need a tired smiley, and a frustrated one. (The devil Is nice, but I think that shows more along the lines of an evil plot) so we would need a frustrated one as well. Maybe (If possible) we could make the frustrated one animated with steam coming out of his ears, and his face gets redder.

that's my 2 cents

edit- (heres 2 more of my cents)
Someone mentioned having all of the symbols displayed. I think the best place for them to go is directly below the edit box. There's about 3/4" (On my screen) of room which is plenty to stick them in there, and it seems the most ideal in terms of user friendly-ness.

One more smiley!!! We need an exclamation mark smiley to show exclamation!!!!!!
(Gosh I wish I could have him now so I could show all of my exclamational thoughts!!!!!)

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2007 09:34:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 12:30:34 pm    Post subject:

:icon13:

TheStorm wrote:
I thought this was about adding "code" smiles which I think is a good idea and an admin should look in to getting some.
Is that not what I did Wink? Currently there is none for >_< and XD...
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 01:06:37 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
:icon13:

TheStorm wrote:
Is that not what I did Wink? Currently there is none for >_< and XD...
[post="107925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I meant as in -> changes to the sto arrow, icons for typing in code.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement