This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 10:50:57 am    Post subject:

Over the course of the last few months, I have noticed several new topics started by people asking for code help, even though there already exists one or more previous topics that provide the relevant help. All somebody has to do to find them is just use the forum search engine, but it seems like most people ask questions first and search second. Unfortunately, this pattern of behavior not only results in redundant topics, but it wastes people's time and energy.

I realize that it is simply futile to try to get people to use the forum search engine before starting a new topic because you are working against human nature, so I decided to take a different approach. I went through all the TI-Basic topics myself, and organized the topics/posts with code into categories for easy searching. Now, if you don't feel like using the forum search engine, please at least use this routines list! Thank you.

</div>

Table Of Contents

Last edited by Guest on 04 Jun 2007 01:33:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 11:01:59 am    Post subject:

Might want to point people toward the Poker games in our archives too.

And, it would be nice if all the categories were in the same post. (Edit, please!)

But this will be very handy. :)

And why is "Making Sudoku" in there twice?

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jun 2007 11:02:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 11:42:21 am    Post subject:

Wow...

The first one under "Making Pong" is just sad...
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 11:43:04 am    Post subject:

Topic pinned as a nice reference.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 11:49:39 am    Post subject:

Yay! It is a really handy reference.

And for input, could we post a link to the custom input section of TI|BD, that is here? As far as I know it is the most effective way other than [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]Input
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 11:54:27 am    Post subject:

Some of the links just take you to different posts in the same page of the same thread...?
theraven17

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 12:18:20 pm    Post subject:

[reposted Razz]

God Bless and Sticky!

I'm at part of the fault to the problem myself and just seeing this I think I will have a lot more ability to work with my programs now. Thank you! Smile
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 02:44:42 pm    Post subject:

Would it be possible to have like a subforum of this stuff? sort of like ti-freakware's 1337 programming tips click
we could separate each into a topic and then just copy (or slightly re-word) only the relevent posts. I'm getting out of school soon, so if you think this is plausible i could help
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 02:57:33 pm    Post subject:

Nothing on sorting lists?
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 03:22:12 pm    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
Some of the links just take you to different posts in the same page of the same thread...?
[post="106485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, some posts answer qestions that are sometimes irrelevant to the thread's. This is why some threads are pretty long: because many topics are brought up in order to solve different problems Smile
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 03:52:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm also unable to add more links to the first post. (Append "Factoring a Number" to the top of the second post, as that got destroyed in the first one when I tried cleaning it up.) As more will surely be added to this list over time, it will probably work best on a separate web page (which I'm willing to do). Also, I remember there being a great number of posts on shuffling cards/randomizing lists. I'll look into adding that when transferring the contents of the current list.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jun 2007 03:53:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 04:29:58 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
I'm also unable to add more links to the first post. (Append "Factoring a Number" to the top of the second post, as that got destroyed in the first one when I tried cleaning it up.) As more will surely be added to this list over time, it will probably work best on a separate web page (which I'm willing to do). Also, I remember there being a great number of posts on shuffling cards/randomizing lists. I'll look into adding that when transferring the contents of the current list.
I assume you are referring to me when you say "Append 'Factoring a Number' to the ...". Unfortunately, I can't edit my posts because of the time limit, so I'll just email it to you instead. As a separate website won't get very much exposure (which was the whole point of me creating the routines list in the first place), I think a better idea would be to split the individual categories into their own respective posts. That should give you plenty of room for adding additional links. Will that work for you?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 04:33:28 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Looks impressive; you did a nice job compiling it all.

Now I just hope people use it. Rolling Eyes
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 05:52:39 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
Xphoenix wrote:
[post="106485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, some posts answer qestions that are sometimes irrelevant to the thread's. This is why some threads are pretty long: because many topics are brought up in order to solve different problems Smile
[post="106505"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Read carefully. I saw a few that were one or two posts apart... I mean, it's easier to see where the code is coming from if you read some of the surrounding posts Wink
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 07:11:55 pm    Post subject:

Could there be a small sub-section about xLIB and the real( functions? I think that would be useful
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 07:22:10 pm    Post subject:

spandiv wrote:
I think a better idea would be to split the individual categories into their own respective posts. That should give you plenty of room for adding additional links. Will that work for you?
For that, you'll have to make a new topic with six posts right at the beginning, while turning this one into a discussion/contribution thread. I can't make four posts appear at the top of this thread with your name on them, but I can do the rest. Making each of your replies post one, post two, etc. is fine for now.

And this is an excellent contribution.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jun 2007 07:26:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 07:25:27 pm    Post subject:

add this to the lightning part it is the same game but that is more recent and has better code.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 03:09:44 pm    Post subject:

If anyone stumbles across a post that might be of value to this list, then please reply
here or send me a PM with the post number and the best category for it to go under.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Jun 2007 03:11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 07:11:17 pm    Post subject:

xLIB stuff:
Grayscale 1
"Blue"scale 1
installed? 1
Scrolling backgrounds 1

There's not a lot about this on the forum.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 08:29:43 pm    Post subject:

OMG that bluescale is awesome!!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement