This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
United-TI Archives -> Calculator Modifications

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 May 2007 08:30:55 pm    Post subject:

Ohhhh. Stereo sond I lke it. Razz
ForthReich

Posted: 24 May 2007 08:35:01 pm    Post subject:

While everything is still in pieces, perhaps you should add a port to hook up some stereos. I expect an extra battery or plug-in power would be necessary, however.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 May 2007 08:51:03 pm    Post subject:

I suggest instead of having a built in speaker have a 3.5 port, then you could do more with it like hook it up to head phone or speakers and the like.
ForthReich

Posted: 24 May 2007 08:58:52 pm    Post subject:

Ben, how compatible would your interface be with a 3.5 mm port?
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 May 2007 09:03:57 pm    Post subject:

Just make it hook up to the I/O port or make it your I/O port then you'll have no issues.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 May 2007 06:00:11 am    Post subject:

OK. im going to have built in speakers, put they will be otional to use. Im going to have a switch so that you can either use headphones, speakers, or both(for some odd reason..). I will make a output jack, so i can connect it to other stereos. And fourth, congrats on 100 posts.....

rcfreak0

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2007 08:16:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
hazard2thesocial

Posted: 25 May 2007 04:08:17 pm    Post subject:

baorder54 wrote:
frenchcalc1 wrote:
ForthReich wrote:
The tech guy at rcfreak0's school just blocked UTI. He would like to inform everyone to continue the project, but he won't be online for another month, at best. I'll try to relay information to him, I see him quite often anyway.  [post="104515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why would they block UTI? There isn't any unappropriate material on here :confused: [post="104734"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't really know how the school decides what sites are blocked and what sites aren't but we are allowed to use profanity. Which my school doesn't allow btw. [post="104745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Mhmmm.
So I'm just a bit slow...
But Fourth and Rcfreak0,
the school tends to block any site that you sign into,
along with anything with the profanities.
Such as e-mail, myspace, deviant art, and apparently UTI.

Legibility is a good thing. Sorry for editing your first post, but text in superscript tags is rather hard to read.

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2007 05:38:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 25 May 2007 05:49:33 pm    Post subject:

hazard2thesocial wrote:
Mhmmm.
So I'm just a bit slow...
But Fourth and Rcfreak0,
the school tends to block any site that you sign into,
along with anything with the profanities.
Such as e-mail, myspace, deviant art, and apparently UTI.

[post="105465"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Saying the school makes it sound like you are from their school.
Actually, looking at your location, you do actually appear to be from their school.
ForthReich

Posted: 25 May 2007 08:48:51 pm    Post subject:

hazzard2theSocial, Welcome to UTI
J-Town is taking over UTI :biggrin:
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 25 May 2007 09:03:58 pm    Post subject:

ForthReich wrote:
hazzard2theSocial, Welcome to UTI
J-Town is taking over UTI :biggrin:
[post="105486"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not yet...I'm probably going to bring in someone from C-town (Cupertino, CA. For those of you who don't know, it's where the Apple HQ is located.) once he realizes how easy it is to program something good for his calc.

Last edited by Guest on 26 May 2007 05:24:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
hazard2thesocial

Posted: 26 May 2007 04:09:56 pm    Post subject:

Yeah well where we come from (me fourth, and rcfreak0) c-town would be clyman....

Last edited by Guest on 26 May 2007 05:20:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 26 May 2007 04:45:46 pm    Post subject:

Please Please Please Please Please do not type in superscript.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 May 2007 05:20:47 pm    Post subject:

No more centered, small, pink text. This is not MySpace; we like to be able to read others' words.

Don't force us to try harder to do so. Wink

Last edited by Guest on 26 May 2007 05:24:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 26 May 2007 05:49:09 pm    Post subject:

Makes you think of bots, though hazard2thesocial is too accurate to be a bot.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 May 2007 07:42:55 pm    Post subject:

Hazzard isnt a bot, shes a freind of mine. Ill tell her not to do that anymore.

--rcfreak0
Taricorp

Posted: 28 May 2007 09:36:30 am    Post subject:

<offtopic>Woo, Wisconsin!</ot>
Why bother having a switch to control output between the 2.5 and 3.5 mm ports?
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 28 May 2007 02:57:42 pm    Post subject:

Taricorp wrote:
<offtopic>Woo, Wisconsin!</ot>
Why bother having a switch to control output between the 2.5 and 3.5 mm ports?
[post="105811"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There are some 2.5 mm headphones out there, and you might just find a better pair if you are lucky.
But the main reason is so that you won't have to disassemble and reassemble the hardware every time you wish to link to the computer or another calculator.
Taricorp

Posted: 28 May 2007 07:22:06 pm    Post subject:

..uh.. just solder the contacts on the 3.5mm port onto the link port contacts. It'll always send data to both (unless you want to be able to have headphones plugged in while you're doing linking for some reason).
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 May 2007 07:44:26 pm    Post subject:

rcfreak0 wrote:
Hazzard isnt a bot, shes a freind of mine. Ill tell her not to do that anymore.

--rcfreak0  [post="105747"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Sorry to derail this topic, but I have to go pick up my jaw from the floor, and go get rcfreak0 a medal.

I think the best solder-less solution is to just get an adapter, and use it when needed. It's less permanent in case you make a mistake.
benryves

Posted: 29 May 2007 05:17:11 am    Post subject:

This mod has to interface with the calculator via the 2.5mm stereo jack port. The VMusic2 module has a 3.5mm stereo jack socket built into it (and can drive earphones very well). ie, the two are unrelated - not sure what you'd need an adapter for.

I've made a handful of changes to this.

On the PICAXE front, it now caches commands in its EEPROM until it hits a '\r' (or it runs out of EEPROM space!) and then sends them to the VMusic2 device in one go.
The reason for this is when the VMusic2 starts receiving commands, it stops sending data to the VS1003 codec. By only sending the entire command when it has been received you minimise the hiccoughs in the audio.

On the TI program side, the functions for talking to the VMusic2 are no longer blocking. This means that when a function is called, it returns immediately, and the result is only returned some time later. The most obvious place this applies is the directory listing; rather than have a long delay followed by the listing, the directory and file items steadily appear as they are received from the VMusic2 device.

The program is faintly more reliable for playback, and if you press +/- you should get a rather work-in-progress volume control. ;)

Latest download here.

My blacklink died a while ago so I've been using an old home-made link cable in the meanwhile - however, as it lacks the zener diodes it has a "high" of 7.8V and a "low" of -3.6V (rather than 5V and 0V) and my calculator emits an unpleasant smell of burning plastic when plugged in. I don't, therefore, really want to try and do too much with it until I can find a replacement. :D

(On that note, connecting the TI directly to the PICAXE might not be too healthy for it - I've been running this for ages myself but do not want to be held responsible for any damages!) I'll experiment with different resistor values to try and find a way to minimise the stress on the link port.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement