This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 03:21:58 pm    Post subject:

okay, for my starcraft game i was thinking of adding a RPG style battle engine. I already have one, but i need some ideas,...

should i do, everytime youkill someone you get money and vespien, should it be by who is attacking/defending. also i have more but g2g, post any ideas you have for the battle engine...

--im out--
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 03:25:54 pm    Post subject:

No free resources for kills. It needs to be just like the computer game. Otherwise it's not as fun, and it's not a true RTS.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 08:43:37 pm    Post subject:

actually it is going to be a TBS (turn based strat.), RTS won't work without ASM, and the prgm i need isn't made, and i don't know if they are making it or not...
Neostar

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 09:45:21 am    Post subject:

Well my answers are always the same, download some of my titles and look at the code... Very Happy Monster Battle is great for a battle engine...
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 09:51:40 pm    Post subject:

by turn based do you mean "limited" or "unlimited" turns. cause i made a basic game which was based on a limtied amount of turns before (mainly because i thought every game needed a high score list at the time)... if its what i think it is i could probably help, depending on how much calc homework i get

Wacko Wacko Wacko
flash may seem smart, but i assure you he is not
Wacko Wacko Wacko
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 10:13:37 am    Post subject:

Calc homework? You actually have a class on the calc? That's... weird.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 01:03:04 pm    Post subject:

i thought so too....
maybe he means calculus? just a guess....
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 19 Sep 2003 07:55:34 pm    Post subject:

both limited and unlimted would be fun, but right now i am working on memory issues (out of the 24k active ram, all would be used, I wounder if i could make it into a Marige (sp?) App, but in basic, then the game could be so much better, but right now it is cool)

I would love any help, i was going for a civalation 2 or 3(sp?, again) play style, i also had put up the idea of adding a RPG element( hey,A TBS and RPGelement game might be fun, you would have more control over what happens, like defending, or attacking, or way out there, Items???) but that was just an idea, but would require too much help (though i have a battle engine for that style almost done...) and people are not very willing to help anyone here so...

--- JesusFreak Out

(sorry it took me so long, no internet time at home, and school blocks this website, it has the word game in it, hey that would be a good filter, just a thought...)
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 19 Sep 2003 10:29:14 pm    Post subject:

Hey, I'm willing to help, it just seems that most of this stuff is beyond my current abillity level and attenton span. Find something a self-proclaimed "BASIC sub-guru" can do, and I'll jump on it.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 05:18:44 pm    Post subject:

trust me it's not, send me your e-mail address... i will send you the files you will need...

i was thinking of adding a RPG style to it, each battle would be RPG style, with a civ 2/3 over view turn based, but ppl don't seem to like that idea...
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 05:20:42 pm    Post subject:

Watchfordanomes@att.net (that would help a lot)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 09:54:48 am    Post subject:

Mind the double-posting please, thank you.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 09:37:06 am    Post subject:

You already know my e-mail address. Everyone on this board and everyone who uses the JACstudios website knows my e-mail address, or at least can easily find it out.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 05:38:25 pm    Post subject:

sorry i am so confused, i then already sent you some files...
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 07:01:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes. You sent me some files and winzip refuses to open them. Remember?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Sep 2003 05:19:53 am    Post subject:

Ok, please continue this conversation through PM's, I'll let this thread stay open for a while in case somebody want's to ask anything about that battle engine, but if it's going to be used as a substitute for PM's/Email, I'm going to close it.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement