This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Sep 2006 06:16:29 pm    Post subject:

dude, this is looking awesome, any chance of some screenies for those different attacks?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Sep 2006 08:42:18 pm    Post subject:

Definately some screens coming. The next trailer will cover the new stuff and the "Grand Grove" level of the game in November. I figure I can do a new trailer every 3 months or so (which is about as fast as I can add new levelmaps). The next GIF will be out next week. Cool
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Sep 2006 11:21:47 am    Post subject:

awesome dude, keep it up
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Nov 2006 09:00:56 pm    Post subject:

Yet another round of changes:

Rage - After using melee or collision on a badguy you start flashing like invincible Mario. ATK points are doubled. Melee attack rate is maxed out. Lasts for about 3 seconds. Its absolutely devestating if you get your opponent pinned against a wall.

Blaze - Rocket into enemies at high speed with no damage to yourself. This one's a 3D holming attack (like in Sonic Adventure). 'Moves just about as fast as hyperspeed. Easy for beginners to pick up. Nice for taking on flying enemies.

Hyperspeed - All of the character's running and accelerating happens at x1.5 the normal rate (x2 was waaay too hard to control). This includes jumping & falling. The character becomes invincible when he reaches his top speed.

Heyday - You inflict a "Jinx" effect by making physical contact with an enemy. Jinxed enemies freeze for a few seconds and maybe drop powerups in that state (haven't decided). Done with moves like fire or water its pretty deadly.

Shield - Breifly protects you after a hit. After being hurt, your character blinks and becomes immune to object hit detection. It's really helpful vs a gang of badguys because they'll tend rickochet you off each other like a pinball (happens twice in the next video). No protection from spikes, lava, etc...

Gateway - Stand perfectly still to disappears from view. Just like shield, you're immune to object hits in this state. Only difference is you can't attack. You might also get to walk through some solid objects (haven't decided). To keep things from being too easy, enemies will still know where they saw you last.

...Anyways, the game is getting big so I simplified the more code-complex moves. Everything except for Blaze is always-on so as to make their meaning obvious for first-timers. Next video trailer: Nov 18th.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Nov 2006 09:05:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
axcho

Posted: 07 Nov 2006 01:57:01 pm    Post subject:

I like the new abilities. Looking forward to the trailer. Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Nov 2006 09:58:16 pm    Post subject:

Aw man, I'd better get started. Only have the soundtrack added right now!

One alternative I could do for Gateway is having the character disappear while jumping instead of standing still. It would look a little like teleportation that way. Mid-air attacking would be done normally. Basically you're untouchable through the jump and go normal when you land or attack.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Nov 2006 10:03:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Mar 2007 02:24:28 am    Post subject:

Looking for puzzle ideas:

This video shows some object interaction that I want to use for Caldera's puzzles. Just imagine a volcano instead of a house and a 16x8 stone tablet instead of a 8x8 table.

I figure the puzzles will involve pushing the tablets onto special floor markers that will unlock doors. And a time limit will be enforced. Puzzle room #1 will involve simply moving the tablet onto a single marker so new gamers will get the idea.

Any ideas for additional puzzles? Maybe something like a lights-out kind of minigame? or something like Chips Challenge where the unlocking rooms is the right order is needed?

Last edited by Guest on 05 Mar 2007 02:26:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Mar 2007 03:14:13 am    Post subject:

Have some simple things introduced periodically, like finding a barricaded wall that must be knocked down by thrusting a boulder into it, etc. On a different note, the act of knocking stuff over is fairly reminiscent of my recent try at Elebits. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Guest on 05 Mar 2007 03:15:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 05 Mar 2007 10:51:37 am    Post subject:

How about a maze of rooms? Each room can have up to four connections to other rooms. Some rooms are dead ends (have only one connection: the room from which you came from), others its a forced movement (have two connections: one to the room from which you came from and one to another room), while others can also have forks (three connections). The reason this is a good maze is because you cannot see the dead ends ahead of time (you may be going randomly from room to room and suddenly, dead end)
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Mar 2007 12:05:24 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah, I liked Elebits on XPlay. Cool A maze is possible if I can get good compression on them. Luckily the mapping system let me re-use map designs at only ~20 bytes per duplicate. I'm also considering using stunned/dead enemies in place of the stone tablets in some areas. IE: kill a monster, then levitate the "remains" onto the marker.

Prototype puzzle above. You start in mineral deposit (rest area). Then puzzle area #1 simply requires you to move the stone tablet onto the marker (which takes quite a bit of practice to do accuratly). After the puzzle area is a second rest area and so on... In the final version, hitting the marker will be indicated by some special effects.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Mar 2007 12:09:22 am; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 06 Mar 2007 03:36:59 am    Post subject:

Progress is coming along quite nicely on this, keep up the great work!

--AlienCC
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Mar 2007 06:08:49 pm    Post subject:

o.o that heat mirage effect is so cool!!

are they animated tiles? or are they random byte rotations? it looks like every other row is shifted left/right to me

Last edited by Guest on 06 Mar 2007 06:09:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Mar 2007 06:57:17 pm    Post subject:

It's a bit shift of individual rows. A similar effect was used in Sonic & Knuckle's 'Angel Island' and 'Lava Reef' zones. Basically 2 shifted rows, followed by 2 un-shifted rows, and so on. Then an offset counter makes that pattern move "upward."

Last edited by Guest on 07 Mar 2007 07:03:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeti

Posted: 12 Mar 2007 09:22:07 am    Post subject:

May Is say what I voted?
Well...
Yellow????
Yes!Because it fits with my avatar...green alaso but only ones voting
Why do do many vote blue?

Last edited by Guest on 12 Mar 2007 09:22:29 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 02:03:06 pm    Post subject:

Okay, new survey here involving the character's levitation sprite...

Some Background:
Currently, when you accelerate to high speed, your character stops running on foot and instead levitates along the ground. This is sort of a tribute to Super Sonic or Mewtwo in "Sonic & Knuckles" and "Smash Bros Melee" respectively.

Poll Question:
My question is: should I keep the current system. Or have the character continue to run on foot and remove the levitation feature? The reason I ask is because I don't want gamers to mistake the image as a graphics glitch.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Apr 2007 02:12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 03:57:01 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Poll Question:
My question is: should I keep the current system.  Or have the character continue to run on foot and remove the levitation feature?  The reason I ask is because I don't want gamers to mistake the image as a graphics glitch.
[post="101111"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Keep the levitation! It looks as if he's really flying! Laughing
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 07:02:53 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
Keep the levitation! It looks as if he's really flying! Laughing
Then vote accordingly.

I don't like the levitation feature, honestly; before I read the word glitch
in your post, I was actually going to reply that that's what it looked like.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 09:10:55 pm    Post subject:

It's kinda weird...It looks like he's sliding. Maybe add a shadow or something?
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 10:20:04 pm    Post subject:

It is weird...
It needs to look like he's actually flying, not really sliding.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Apr 2007 08:07:30 am    Post subject:

Well, if you went really fast, you'd have to move the legs really fast, which could get pretty blurry because it's stationary in the center of the screen while the background rotates behind it. Since's it's stationary, it becomes more blurry the faster you switch between the sprites because it's the same set of pixels being affected. (same happens in some anime I guess).

A slide is probably the most logical animation to show a fast moving sprite. Maybe change the sprite so the legs are still very visible? I like the current system but the sprite might be why it looks like he's flying (when he's not, am I correct?).
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement