for all you python fans/ticalc.org users: http://rancidmoose.unitedti.org/members/software/statchecker.py

requires wxPython.

the next step is to make it iteratively check the stats on all the files in a profile too.
Explain?
checks TiCalc.org stats for any author ID#
Cool. PHP would be more useful though.
this way it can be on your desktop. if its PHP, you might as well just use ticalc.org.
cool

although some things can be shortend, such as:

Code:
            errors = x.find("Not Found")
            if -1 != errors:

could just be

Code:
            if -1 != x.find("Not Found"):

which cuts out an extra variable and speeds it up a little

Also, since its basically all command line (except for the original author ID input), why did you make it require wxPython? just use raw_input() instead
Confused never thought of that. thanks for the tip.
oh, for raw_input usage, just type 'help(raw_input)' at an interactive python session (or head to python.org and look it up there)
Already been done. Check out TI-Report. Nice job though. Smile
done

meh, I dont like TI-Report for some reason

anyway, my current version is here
Looking at the source, that actually a nice clean little bit of coding you've got yourself there.
thanks Very Happy
I could do something uber with this, but for ticalc.org's blocking of hotlinking from my site. Bah.
woot....svexy new version

http://rancidmoose.unitedti.org/members/software/statchecker.py
Very Happy Very svexy. Can't wait for ticalc.org to block your site. Wink hJust Joking
not through my site. it comes from the IP of the individual users. :-p
Erm. Oh, good call. Well, this should be interesting then. Very Happy
plus, with your account, it only calls a few hundred files and reads them beginning to end...now if I added an option to download all of an authors files, I think I would get blocked.
Most definitely. Very Happy Kinda like I did because I didn't have my generator cache profiles. Smile
lol....oh wait...i mean...roflmao. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours