I'm not sure, i never got blue shells that much. I'm really excited by the progress. New levels would be cool too.
While playing Mario Kart Wii, I think it was that the blue shell goes through the track until it reaches whoever is first when the blue shell reaches first place.
Yeah for me they always hit whoever is first when they reach first place. I remember that the probability of getting certain items also changed depending of which position you were at, with the last place more likely to get a blue shell and stuff like that.
MK DS, for the blue shell it is whom ever goes into first place before a certain distance is between the shell and the player as if you had a keen ear or see it on the HUD, you can slow down and have it hit second.
Mario Kart 64... all I know is that it will hit any player in the way and break.
Potatoman1234 wrote:
MK DS, for the blue shell it is whom ever goes into first place before a certain distance is between the shell and the player as if you had a keen ear or see it on the HUD, you can slow down and have it hit second.
Mario Kart 64... all I know is that it will hit any player in the way and break.

It doesn't break by hitting players in MK64, but it can break if it hits the wall immediately after throwing it and before it locks onto the track. In Double Dash they gave it wings so it would fly and not hit any other players, except it explodes on impact so it can hit other players near first place. In the most recent Mario Kart games, I think they use a hybrid approach where it travels along the track and can hit players until it gets near first, then it flies and explodes.
I guess that's what I deserve for being a front runner in that game, enemies never got anything besides bananas from what I've noticed so it was never really something you would see if you are up front in grand prix 1P. Wonder if the TI-84 is going to give the same limitations. IF you are going to do a battle mode, is the bomb car transformation going to be in it?
I think the Mario Kart Wii approach for blue shells would be the best--it flies along the track above everyone until it reaches the player in first place, when it creates an explosion that wipes that player out as well as others close by.
epsilon5 wrote:
I think the Mario Kart Wii approach for blue shells would be the best--it flies along the track above everyone until it reaches the player in first place, when it creates an explosion that wipes that player out as well as others close by.

I think you mean the NDS version is the best.
No, you're wrong, the Wii version is the best.

EDIT: (not worth arguing here though, I can duel you if you pick a time and place)
Duel as in a Mario Kart Battle match?

I think the approach I'll take is the flying above everyone until it reaches 1st place.

Which brings me to my next point ... I need to implement a way to track who's coming first lol.
Oh, have y'all been livin under a rock? The GBA is the best. Especially when played on a ti nspire.
I've got it on GBA and it plays pretty nicely. I haven't played it in the nspire emulator though, I'll have to check it out. There is a lot of natural drift in that version which will likely be different than mine.

Regarding placings for racers I actually do have some stuff implemented for it but I need to add more checkpoints to the map to track it closer. I also need to make it easy to do this in the [crude] editor.
A custom track editor would be amazing Smile
There will be a crude 'programmers editor' style track editor as I plan on supporting custom tracks.

Will the track editor be Windows-only? I am using Linux, but I would rather get a QT/GTK version than having to install Wine.
Looking up on screenshots and such, this looks beautifully done so far, tr1p!
This looks amazing! I tried the Feb 2022 version, and it's really cool, but it would be nice if we could get a download of the track editor and a way to select tracks from a menu in the game. From there you'd be able to offload a lot of the work of making the content (tracks, characters) to the community and you can work on the game itself. Just a suggestion Smile Can't wait to see it finished. Also, is there a GitHub repo where I can see the code?
Amongst my friends, this is a highly anticipated release since it's still in beta. I never fail to be impressed by this project.
Hoping this is eventually finished. This looks amazing and I am excited for the finished project.
Calculatordream wrote:
Amongst my friends, this is a highly anticipated release since it's still in beta. I never fail to be impressed by this project.

CoolModder wrote:
Hoping this is eventually finished. This looks amazing and I am excited for the finished project.

Upon reading this, I failed to NOT be amazed at how amazing this is! I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE RELEASED!!!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours