Do you know the games DOTA and LoL?
Do you know the game Team Fortress 2?
Do you know Minecraft?

Well, I've got a Work-in-Progress hybrid that will (eventually) knock your socks off! It's called BlockShot, and it will be a game for epicness!

So here's what it is: a MOBA, like DOTA or LoL (look them up, because they're hard to explain), but a first person shooter instead of a modified RTS, but also a minecraft-like world where the terrain changes due to the player's actions.

Interested? Say so below!

That said, something's wrong with my printscreen, so no screenies atm. However, here's a base single player engine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqt1sf9vfbm4c3j/BlockShot.jar

Minecraft controls at the moment, more soon.
I suspect that the lack of screenshots is going to severely limit the number of replies here (until such screenshots appear, anyway). However, having seen this demo'd on Have Calc, Will Program tonight, I can say that it looks just like Minecraft in terms of rendered blocks and the ability to place blocks. Of course, I think there are only two types of blocks so far, and it lacks shadowing/lighting, but it's a great start, and I'm quite curious to see where it goes. I get the general idea of what DOTA and MOBAs are now, but where specifically do you plan to go with this?
Why not make a minecraft mod or something instead of a standalone game?
Why make a game engine for Redintegrate from scratch, using only basic libraries and even writing your own? To learn, of course!

Will you use a higher GL version to take advantage of features such as tessellation and nice shader effects?

For a DOTA-like play, are you planning on going 3rd person at all?
AHelper wrote:
Why make a game engine for Redintegrate from scratch, using only basic libraries and even writing your own? To learn, of course!

Will you use a higher GL version to take advantage of features such as tessellation and nice shader effects?

For a DOTA-like play, are you planning on going 3rd person at all?

Perhaps, but that depends on how the game will work once multiplayer networking is supported.

Also: Why make it on my own (by that I mean with a few other people)? The fact that I don't have Minecraft as well as what AHelper said.

I'm uploading a slightly better of the version of the jar to Dropbox now. It will be the same link. I'll try to get some screenies ASAP.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours