This project includes:

-TInternet
-TImail
-TIchat
-TIdownload

all these programs are already made except for TIdownload. Once finished with all these programs, you will be able to do these 4 things with your calc in general:

-Connect to an Internet type server using TInternet
-Recieve mail by using the TInternet and TImail server
-Live chat with friends and family/fellow programmers.
-and download using specifide links in which will be active in all four programs, this will allow you to recieve programs on demand from off the internet.

Tell me what you think.

-------------------------------------------

I am looking for a experienced C programmer(includes C# C++ C+ C and all the other ones), to help with making a program from the computer that with help with this project.

There are a few things that this program needs:

-Able to Connect to the calc
-Be able to decode a string into a text like file
-gain access to an FTP site and download programs(.8xp files and other)
-able to match text file data with file names

if anyone knows anything about C programming I would love for them to help. This project will not be closed untill accomplished, or I die or something wierd happens Razz .

Tell me what you think!

NOTE: All these prgms are in BASIC untill I can figure out a way to get a compiler to work, I have spent countless hours trying to get TASM to work and other compilers that I gave up for a while. If you can tell me step by step on how to get a freakin compiler to work than I will start using asm language but other than that, Screw ASM, its too freakin hard to compile.

-Swivel
sounds cool. Maybe try Kerm's DCS SDK
were might I find that?

-Swivel
look around on this site a little bit
swivelgames wrote:
(includes C# C++ C+ C and all the other ones)

C+ - lolz

seriously tho, how do you plan to get the calc to send something from BASIC?
Well, I just now got the TASM prgm working so once I finish learning ASM for a while I will then code it into ASM from BASIC. By the way if any one has a BASIC to ASM converter now would be the best time to post it, I would need to use it to convert it just so it would be faster and so I can use it till I get good enough at ASM.

-Swivel
Kllrnohj wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
(includes C# C++ C+ C and all the other ones)

C+ - lolz

seriously tho, how do you plan to get the calc to send something from BASIC?

I call dibs for gCn for elfprince and Kllrnohj. Smile
w00t w00t....I think the Telnet proggy on ticalc.org probably has source that could be turned into a basic lib.
Why bother? Just use the gCn libs - I already have a tested working framework of some of the communications routines.
KermMartian wrote:
Why bother? Just use the gCn libs - I already have a tested working framework of some of the communications routines.

tested and NON RELEASED Laughing (hell Kerm, me and elf have been needing something to test with comp-side gCn, hurry up and give us somethign!!!)
It's only a proof-of-concept; I have yet to write the actual comm routines.
KermMartian wrote:
It's only a proof-of-concept; I have yet to write the actual comm routines.

yeah, so how are people supposed to use them then? Razz
They're not. I was just checking that the calc was capable of multiuser networking.
KermMartian wrote:
They're not.

KermMartian wrote:
Just use the gCn libs

Rolling Eyes Laughing
*sigh* I meant when they ARE available. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
*sigh* I meant when they ARE available. Razz

lol, and that will be when? Evil or Very Mad
To the public: when DCS6 is released. To you guys: within the next month or so, I'd imagine.
swivelgames wrote:
Well, I just now got the TASM prgm working so once I finish learning ASM for a while I will then code it into ASM from BASIC. By the way if any one has a BASIC to ASM converter now would be the best time to post it, I would need to use it to convert it just so it would be faster and so I can use it till I get good enough at ASM.

-Swivel

There is no working thing that can actually convert basic to asm... (at least i think there isn't...)
The thing that converts BASIC to ASM is called the TI-OS interpreter. Very Happy
Haha, touché.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours