So after I saw the Icon maker for Doors CSE, I decided to make one for myself for my 84+SE. Here is a snippet of code that is giving me problems:

Code:

:DCS
"code for icon
Repeat K=14:
   getKey→K
   If max(K={24,25,26,34
      Then
      A+2(K=26)-2(K=24→A
      B+2(K=34)-2(K=25→B
      real(12,7-C,A,B,A+1,B+1,1
   End
End

The standard method of moving something with the arrow keys. C is the black/white indicator and will always be either 1 or 0. But the strangest part is that this will only allow me to move either down or to the left. I added a portion that put the values of K, A, B on the screen: K changed with my key-presses, but A and B would only increment if I pressed 24 or 36. I don't understand this!
I just tried it on my WabbitEmu and it worked perfectly. Do you think it is a problem with my calculator?
Calckid wrote:

Code:

:DCS
"code for icon
Repeat K=14:
   getKey→K
   If max(K={24,25,26,34
      Then
      A+2(K=26)-2(K=24→A
      B+2(K=34)-2(K=25→B
      real(12,7-C,A,B,A+1,B+1,1
   End
End

I think your problem is you can't have :DSC You need ::"DCS
That has absolutely nothing to do with the problem he is describing.

Calckid:

I'm not 100% certain I get what you are saying. You are saying your above program only works in an emulator, and not on calc?
So much for Asians being smart. . .
If the code you're using on the calculator is the code you have there, it should work perfectly. Incidentally, that code looks extremely familiar; is that from my book?
It may be in the book, but that is not where I got it from. I found this code somewhere on TI-Basic Developer's website (I was a member there long before coming here), as well as the max( code, and I have used it since in my programs.

tifreak: I don't know how it happened, this code has always worked before. But I uninstalled DCS7 and then reinstalled it and it worked perfectly. My calculator is not the most reliable, it crashes randomly so I am not to surprised by this. Thanks for the help.
What OS does it have on it?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours