Hi all...

I have a ti 83 calculator since 10 years.. few months ago I lend it to a friend but when he gave it back to me the screen is having some sort of a defect, a small area (around the size of a character) seems to be always typed on or drawn on, even when the calculator is off, and anything typed under that area is not clearly shown up.

can anyone help me please.. I'll be thankful Smile
Does it look like this?

If so, it's probably pressure damage. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it short of replacing the screen (which would be difficult, if not impossible) or buying a new calculator.
Ouch! That's not cool! Is it even possible to buy these screens off-the-shelf?
Dianzi tian wrote:
Ouch! That's not cool! Is it even possible to buy these screens off-the-shelf?
We've never found a source. The best you can hope to do is find a cheap calculator with an intact screen and a defective mainboard and swap the screens, but even so, that takes a great deal of soldering acumen.
Quote:

If so, it's probably pressure damage. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it short of replacing the screen (which would be difficult, if not impossible) or buying a new calculator.

I'm sorry but the first link you provided is not working, but if it was like the picture in 'screen defect' link you also provided then I'm telling you it's not like that .. I'll try to take a picture and upload it for you to see how it looks like

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours