everything goes very smoothly when trying to transfer a periodic table onto to my Ti-84 plus C Silver Edition. Untill i go into programs and try to open the file on my Calculator. It says in Black 'Error: Memory' and underneath it, it says 'Memory is insufficient to perform the calculations. Check infinite recursions or loops. Ex: Y1=Y1'
could you guys and gals help me understand how to fix this problem and allow me to run the file on my Calculator?
FYI: the perodic table is from this website-http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/454/45430.html
and i saved the periodic table to my RAM if that makes a differance!! thanks!!
Just out of curiosity, have you been running/testing any other programs by any chance?

Have you tried performing a RAM clear (or pressing the button on the back of the calc to reset RAM) and then trying the program again? It is possible that some other program has corrupted your calc.

Make sure you try and back anything important up if you want to try the RAM clear.
Welcome to Cemetech, nkreipe16. You can debug this by going to [2nd][+][2] (the Mem Mgmt/Delete submenu from the Memory menu), choosing 1: All, and looking for big items. Also make note of the number of free RAM bytes free.
thanks sooo much it worked, jit just needed a lot of space!!! and just one more question.... is there a version of Doors CS 7.2 available for the Ti-84 plus C silver edition?
Thanks alot for the memory fix too!!
nkreipe16 wrote:
thanks sooo much it worked, jit just needed a lot of space!!! and just one more question.... is there a version of Doors CS 7.2 available for the Ti-84 plus C silver edition?
Thanks alot for the memory fix too!!
Thanks for asking; I've been getting a lot of such questions. So many, in fact, that I'm seriously thinking of accelerating my plans to go ahead with a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition version of Doors CS.
Ahh yes, RAM is a precious commodity on this line of calculators.

Another tip you might consider, you can 'archive' files that you dont immediately need by pressing ENTER on them when in Mem Mgmt/Delete. This will place an asterix next to their name and place them in FLASH. You will notice that your free RAM will increase when you do this (since its been moved).

Note that you will have to 'unarchive' them (just press ENTER on them again) before you can use those files in most instances.
ok thanks!! ill stay in touch and keep waiting for door cs to come out!!
Dont rush though, quality beats speed in this case!! Talk to you later!

thanks tr1p1ea for the advice, ill start doing that aswell!!
nkreipe16 wrote:
ok thanks!! ill stay in touch and keep waiting for door cs to come out!!
Dont rush though, quality beats speed in this case!! Talk to you later!

thanks tr1p1ea for the advice, ill start doing that aswell!!
Great, thanks for the encouragement. Smile While you're hear and clearly have a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, feel like trying out Tetric A, which I just released for the TI-84+CSE?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours