@Something: yup, it's incorrect about that.
@Lafferjim: coolness. I look forward to seeing how it comes out.
alright i have begun working on a new game and it should be finished in about two or three days and i was wondering if anyone wanted to try it out and tell me how i could improve it and what they thought of it before i release it to the public. here are a couple of screen shots. as of now it has three rooms and three buildings and the scrolling between maps is almost instantaneous.

Hey, that looks pretty neat! The player is a stats sprite, I assume? What about the rest of it?
the rest is just lines a few horizontals and verticals and i also used a few ptoffs
How's the refresh rate? How long does it take to walk from one side of the screen to the other? Looks pretty cool.
refresh rate= what do you mean

time to go from one side to the other=it went slow but sped it up so it was fast but not to fast because i dont want the player to be waiting forever to cross the screen and i also didnt want them to be able to cross the screen in a couple button presses
well about a month ago i a little too button crazy while checking how much memory this game took up and i accidently deleted it. and now i decided to restart it. i did a lot of work today. i am already past what i was with the last one and it takes up a lot less memory.
Omnicalc would have been very helpful for you. It restored my contest entry every time my memory was reset. Another tip is to backup whenever you make significant improvements.
i know i should back up files but i dont ever think about it. and about omnicalc it is incompatible with my calc. i seriously should save up for a ti-83+
memory recovery only works on silver editions, as does the virtual calc (which I never use because whenever you do something on one calc such as create a new program, it is not on the other calc, which can create lots of memory issues, such as what is used).

Also, Kerm, what exactly are "stat sprites?" Are those sprites that use text to make them, or sprites drawn using hexidecimal code?
They're sprites drawn with stat plots: Plot 2, for example.
Here is an great tutorial on sprites with a good explanation of stat sprites (aka plotsprites) that should explain it well. I used them for my stategy game entry.
http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/tutorials/83p/b/misc/2dsprite.htm#plot
alright less than a week until my game is finished. right now all i have to do is code the enter building and the battle system. but before i do that i was wondering if anyone wanted/could test it for me to see what i can make better before i work on it anymore.
Sure, no problem.

...my email is FLCLlove4@lycos.com
all right let me upload it to save file real quick. btw it does not have a readme. but controls are in game. all you have to do is send all files to calc and run ansalon.

here is link to download it: http://www.savefile.com/projects/1013586

and you have to dl all files in order for game to work properly
for those that try it. i just want to know:

what you think of speed
what you think of gameplay
what you think of graphics
and how it can be improved.
The speed is great for what the game is, good for basic, and decent for anything. The gamplay is decently fun, though I haven't gone too deeply into it. The graphics is where I have my problem. I can deal with the blicking because of plotsprites but the fact that you can go on a building is a pet peeve of mine.

You could fix the whole on buildings thing and a little more detail in the graphics. Good game though.
about the going onto the buildings i havent exactly gotten around to the actual coding of them yet so that is why that happens. i am going to try and make it so that if you enter that area than you go into it. but thanks for trying it. and what exactly did you not like about graphics so that i can fix it as well.
Mostly just the simplicity, even just having one more building that doesn't do anything in each map would make it look better.
i am going to do that. i just havent gotten around to it yet. i am also going to make each of them like a battle tower to train in and you have to beat it in order to go to the next map.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours