KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:
I am really and truly hoping that you realized that i was being sarcastic, 5.

P.S. OMG Kerm has gotten me to the '5' point! NOOoOoOoO!!!

Ah, tis sad that the irony of my jab at you was lost upon thee. I did know that you were being sarcastic, and by pointing that out, I was, in fact, helping not only my own wordcount, but also my average words per post. Did you fail to notice that I am needless expanding my thoughts? Did you fail to realize that you were bested at your own game? This, THIS, is how you blatantly and obviously bloat one's statistics. This is how the game is played.
How right you are, Kllrnohj. In order to needlessly boost your wordcount, but more importantly your words per post average, you must expand and elaborate your thoughts as much as possible. In fact, to be the best of the best, you must take it to extreme levels, trying such tactics as obfuscating your point behind multiple sentences of meaningless jargon and keywords. For example:

"User, it appears that you have a synergistic dysfunction within your heretofore unrealized potential for globalized increases in your arithmetic mean of contentual posts to the total cardinality of your full chronology of trans-user messaging entries"

versus

"User, please make your posts contain more content"

Oh, and by the way, 5.

ARGHHHH!!! You people are torturing my very soul! why? WhY? WHYYYY!?!??!?!??!?! Do you enjoy tormenting me in every way possible? If it is, then get a life, but back on topic *cough*. WHYYYYY!?!??!?!?!??!?!!

P.S. Was that good enough? 5 :5:

Oh yeah, you forgot to mention quoting as many people as possible =D
I didn't think quoting did anything really to your word count, but I may be wrong. Also, being I don't think an edit changes your word count, if you are the only one on, you can post, and a bunch on mindless dribble, and then edit it out, big word count, small post.
This is turning into a very hilarious thread! Laughing
rivereye wrote:
I didn't think quoting did anything really to your word count, but I may be wrong. Also, being I don't think an edit changes your word count, if you are the only one on, you can post, and a bunch on mindless dribble, and then edit it out, big word count, small post.

I have tested all of that, and here a r e -- t h e -- r e s u l t s , 5 :

Quoting DEFINATELY adds to word count.

Editing does NOTHING for word count

why am i actually BOTHERING to put this into a list?

OK, anyways, you get the idea.

P.S. My last post brought my word count up like 300 words =D
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:

Ah, tis sad that the irony of my jab at you was lost upon thee. I did know that you were being sarcastic, and by pointing that out, I was, in fact, helping not only my own wordcount, but also my average words per post. Did you fail to notice that I am needless expanding my thoughts? Did you fail to realize that you were bested at your own game? This, THIS, is how you blatantly and obviously bloat one's statistics. This is how the game is played.
How right you are, Kllrnohj. In order to needlessly boost your wordcount, but more importantly your words per post average, you must expand and elaborate your thoughts as much as possible. In fact, to be the best of the best, you must take it to extreme levels, trying such tactics as obfuscating your point behind multiple sentences of meaningless jargon and keywords. For example:

"User, it appears that you have a synergistic dysfunction within your heretofore unrealized potential for globalized increases in your arithmetic mean of contentual posts to the total cardinality of your full chronology of trans-user messaging entries"

versus

Oh, and by the way, 5.

ARGHHHH!!! You people are torturing my very soul! why? WhY? WHYYYY!?!??!?!??!?! Do you enjoy tormenting me in every way possible? If it is, then get a life, but back on topic *cough*. WHYYYYY!?!??!?!?!??!?!!

So basically, all I have to do is quote someone else and I don't have to talk like a mindless idiot trying to pass himself off as an intellectual?

Hmm... letsee, 105254 words with an average of 44.56 BEFORE this post...

Edit: And 105553 words with an average of 44.67 AFTER this post - seems to have helped a bit Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:

versus

Oh, and by the way, 5.

So basically, all I have to do is quote someone else and I don't have to talk like a mindless idiot trying to pass himself off as an intellectual?

Edit: And 105553 words with an average of 44.67 AFTER this post - seems to have helped a bit Wink

Now my turn!

17751 words and average of 41.67 words per post before...

and 18080 words and average of 42.34 afterwords, wow this really works.
Harq wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:

versus

Oh, and by the way, 5.

Now my turn!

17751 words and average of 41.67 words per post before...

and 18080 words and average of 42.34 afterwords, wow this really works.
Yeah, it improves your average, but it also causes problems with page stretching and scrolling lag due to the massive size the pyramids can assume. It's best to avoid pyramids, and to force the issue, I may very well make quoted posts not add to your wordcount at all.
Quote:
Yeah, it improves your average, but it also causes problems with page stretching and scrolling lag due to the massive size the pyramids can assume. It's best to avoid pyramids, and to force the issue, I may very well make quoted posts not add to your wordcount at all.

Then if I must i will copy/paste and not use quote tags =D. Just Joking

P.S. Make :5: a legal emote

P.P.S. There are no lines around quotes on the normal view, but there are in the topic review thing under the posting page...
KermMartian wrote:

Please make quotes not count towards your wordcount. After all, it isn't your words, or you wouldn't be quoting it Wink (Only fools and tools quote themselves Very Happy ). Not that we have a problem with quote pyramids around here, but its just makes sense that quotes shouldn't count towards your wordcount....

If possible, edits should alter your wordcount aswell Wink
Edits don't immediately alter the wordcount, but when I resync the wordcount each week via a crontab, they get included. And I agree to exclude quotes. Harq: : 0x5 : is a valid emote.
Sooo...basically what you are saying is that any changes you make to how the wordcount is calculated will take affect on past posts too... So once quotes are removed, basically everyone's wordcount will take a [massive] hit? It would be cool to see how much people's wordcounts change....
Kllrnohj wrote:
Sooo...basically what you are saying is that any changes you make to how the wordcount is calculated will take affect on past posts too... So once quotes are removed, basically everyone's wordcount will take a [massive] hit? It would be cool to see how much people's wordcounts change....
Exactly. There's a link in the ACP to resync the wordcount by clearing everyone's total and going through to recalculate it. I'll run it after I disable quotes.
Kerm's will actually not go down that far, he barely ever quotes anyone >.< , 5
Harq wrote:
Kerm's will actually not go down that far, he barely ever quotes anyone >.< , 5
'Tis true, I generally avoid quoting people except when I'm specifically thinking that I'd like to increase my average. If I'm responding to the post directly above mine, I tend not to quote, but if I'm referring to something further back in the thread, then I might be more likely to include the quote.
yeah, I do a similar thing here, or I do @<name> if I am reffering to a previous post.
There we go, fixed the script to properly exclude even nested quotes. Ha, all our averages went down dramatically.
Ciritcal character array processing limit attained -- rate of input exceeding rate of recognition. Mitigate content exposure, terminate serial processing module. Synthesize dynamic character arrays at random indicating state of error. I want a pony [...edited...] I want a pony
jpez wrote:
Ciritcal character array processing limit attained -- rate of input exceeding rate of recognition. Mitigate content exposure, terminate serial processing module. Synthesize dynamic character arrays at random indicating state of error. I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony I want a pony

WTF? What is that supposed to mean? Seriously...
I have to wonder also, but I don't ask too many questions about jpez.
Fixed up jpez's post. Smile That was close to 2,000 words, surprisingly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours