I never said I hated you, I just lambasted you for being noobs. Noobs will be noobs; I have no beef with you. However, I will not support you because I don't support further splintering of the community. BTW, don't kiss my as.s, it doesn't do you any good. Razz
Not kissing your a.

I am really just trying to make friends. Seeing the way our world is now, friends are good.

And, I'm trying to make peace. A good thing to do with a a fine speech writer.
Double post, I know.

Just read your S.N.O.T.Y. awards. I realize how annoying our type can be. But we don't plan to be on that list this year.
Then why don't you try actually making something instead of hyping nothing Question Wink Come back to us once you have made a quality program, and you will get the respect that you so desire Cool
I hope this little group will turn into something. Welcome here. Like said before, you need to do something great to get recognized
*sigh* This little display will bring in new people! Neutral

Anywho, try building a game that uses as little asm resources as possible, and make it awesome, I am sure you will change peoples minds... Wink

Edit:

Wait a sec, you said there are no groundbreaking left to do, but I thought Pokemon was in the process of doing that... Wink Razz
The site is back up, although you have to make new users since the DB corrupted. And, we have announced the beginning of what we consider to be our first program that will be somewhat decent (Ben's Game excluded, which is currently on stealth mode). Make sure you check it out.

Even though the site went down, we will still are continuing with the same time schedule for the contest.
yeah. this happened to the Vuton company last year. We made decent programs, but nothing particularly awesome that nobody had seen before. Only a mediocre homework manager/note taker. Nobody really noticed Vuton because it was new (last December-March). I posted on revsoft in July and nobody had heard of Vuton at all. We moved to the 89 and were about to make something good when we saw that someone else released a good game like we were going to. Eh, there isn't much more you can do with BASIC. I don't know what more ground can be broken, but it is up to new groups or old to prove me wrong and break new grounds. However, we must agree that BASIC has gone to its prime and there is not as much to do as there was before. Maybe see one or two of their programs and what they want to do and be a part of it in some way.
I've heard of vuton before, but as you say, they didn't make any spectacular programs. Hopefully this BPC will do better. Smile
They will not.
Jon, plz2not hurt Cemetech's image that I have spent over 6 years building up as a welcoming, friendly community, kthxbye.
true. I hope this group can create some good things. We shall see though
yeah, I heard from birdmanx35 on another forum that he doesn't want to post here.
yeah, I never felt liked by JPez
Hmm, well can someone tell BPC to please come back, then, that the opinions of one member do not reflect the opinions of an entire site?
We will come back if JPez promises to withhold comments on us from now on until he sees BPC DDR.

I'd bet my life it will at the very least be an entertaining and fun program that was coded well. Everything before now, is to get a handle on basic things. Test programs, if you will.

Be forewarned: This is based on DDR but it has a bit of a different gameplay idea.
Sweet. Smile

Have you seen xlib xlib revolution?? It is made by Kevin of Omnimaga... It uses the xlib app, which gives it a slight advantage, but I would still like to see what you come up with regardless. Smile
birdmanx35 wrote:
We will come back if JPez promises to withhold comments on us from now on until he sees BPC DDR.

I'd bet my life it will at the very least be an entertaining and fun program that was coded well. Everything before now, is to get a handle on basic things. Test programs, if you will.

Be forewarned: This is based on DDR but it has a bit of a different gameplay idea.

Excellent, being unique is always good, especially since one thing to be particularly careful of is not to become what is known as a "Hays Games" in this community, a group that doesn't do anything original and just modifies/rehashes other extant programs. How far are you on this project? Do you have a projected release date?
I think their site said it would take about three months.
*checks*
Indeed. Well, that's a realistic estimate, which is always better than the alternative. Is part of that 3 months learning more about BASIC and practicing to start the transition, as Jon so deftly put it, from 'n00b' to '1337'? Wink

Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours