Hello, can someone please provide me with some advice. I am new to Ti Basic programming and am experiencing what appears to be a problem with Texas Instruments connect and/or data editor software (version 4-0 (2) on a MacBook running OS 10.7.5).

I am playing with code from the Chatbot program I originally obtained from this site. I have noticed that when I access code initially written on my calculator (TI-84 Plus OS 2.43), a portion of the code:

If Str0="HELLO" or Str0="HI" or Str="SUP"" or ="YO

is modified when "downloaded" by the TI Connect process and appears thus in the editor:

If Str0="HELLO"}="HI"}="SUP"}="YO

A bit frustrating to say the least! Can anyone enlighten me as to what's happening please?

Thank-you
Welcome to Cemetech, MartinL. The TI Data Editor is rather old, and isn't your best option. You should instead use something like SourceCoder 2.5 or its newer (alpha) cousin, SourceCoder 3. Both let you create and edit .8** files, and both are integrated with an online emulator called jsTIfied to help you test your programs. If you prefer an offline editor, there's the excellent TokenIDE.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours