http://www.officelive.com

if any1 has a beta cd key and isnt going to use it, PLEASE pm it to me... it is of utter importance to me... registered, but never recieved an email...
Or to me. I didn't want to give them a credit card number. Smile
its a beta that if u use the live basics it continues to be free after the beta period... the others are 29.95 a month after beta... free domain and 30 mb of hostin... not much space... but a good start
sounds good. nothing on the MCP site
whats OfficeLive?
OfficeLive is like Microsoft Office, but in asp/javascript AJAX format for availability from any webbrowser. Rumor has it that Google is developing something similar.
KermMartian wrote:
OfficeLive is like Microsoft Office, but in asp/javascript AJAX format for availability from any webbrowser. Rumor has it that Google is developing something similar.

not at all. It is just a webhosting w/ fancy HTML layout (the expensive versions have "extras" like store management and such)

I have one, and it sucks. You can't even edit HTML code, just use M$ crappy tools (IE only - doesn't load in firefox, loads but doesn't work right in Opera)

I got it just to get the free domain name, but i can't even make the stupid thing redirect to another page. Waste. Of. Time.

patl411: no, i won't give it to you, it has my credit card on record, as i've already gone through the sign-up process
hmm... i could so use it.. but i need patech.org... my cousin has a cd key.. he said he dont kno if he'll use it... so in a few weeks if i dont get email from microsoft ima bug him about it again... 2 - 4 weeks b4 they send the acceptance email....
patl411 wrote:
hmm... I could so use it.. but I need patech.org... my cousin has a cd key.. he said he dont kno if he'll use it... so in a few weeks if I dont get email from microsoft ima bug him about it again... 2 - 4 weeks b4 they send the acceptance email....

you do realize you can't use any raw HTML code, and must use their page layout engine, right? it really isn't that good except for basic static pages (unless you get like the super version thats $30/month after beta, which allows you to use frontpage to "link" up with the site to edit it that way)
Sounds pretty ghey. I'll stick with OpenOffice & Sobertillnoon.
/me will stick with notepad++ and Cemetech. Smile
/me will stick with Crimson Editor, OpenOffice and UTI
What do you use OpenOffice for.
lots of stuff....anything that doesn't require compilation or syntax highlighing Very Happy
You mean you actually do webdesign in it?? Surprised
yeah...why?
OpenOffice is good for Webdesign. Didn't you know that, Kerm? I personally don't use it for that because I don't need a WYSIWYG to know what my changes will look like.
I dont even use it for WYSIWG, i just like spell check and stuff like that.

but yeah, for wysiwg, OpenOffice is better the FrontPage or any of the junk
well.. ill stick with office 2003 business....frontpage, photoshop cs2, golive, dream weaver, php designer.... many more.... still want office live tho since it wont really replace any of those.....
well yeah, cause office live is free webhosting Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours